Mercury

Member of the Month

Member of the Month:
Rider

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I Wish I Was A Little Bit Taller, I Wish I Was A Baller, 2.24.2017 || 15:30 || Closed
Mercury
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 11:14 AM

The erratic and at times unseasonably warm weather of Westchester had thrown Cessily for a loop, but she’d be hard pressed to complain about 70 degrees and sunny in February. The cold rain and snow didn’t bother the Portland native in the least, but she wasn’t as fortunate in finding many others who wanted to do stuff outside in the dead of a New York winter. Today’s turn in temperature resulted in a great opportunity to enjoy the grounds, and by the time class let out on Friday she was all over it. Never one to believe a weather report, Cessily hadn’t bothered texting Tommy to hang out before hand until she’d popped onto the ground to see herself.

-Yo! It’s gorgeous out! Come down to the bball courts and shoot some hoops with me,- she thumbed to Tommy’s phone with one hand, the other bouncing the ball down the path toward the courts. She’d been looking forward to the weekend all school week, that precious sixty hours or so of free time where she could partially forget about school and enjoy the marvelousness of Xavier’s. Right now, Speed was at the top of her lists of people with whom to kick it. Aside from the fact that he was gorgeous, charming, and had one of the most badass powers a mutant could ask for, hanging out with Tommy felt like hanging out with an old friend. In the month since they’d met in the kitchen, Cessily always left Tommy’s company with an excess of belly laughs, persistent giggles, and butterflies. If the girl wasn’t so chicken shit and painfully prude, she’d have made a move by now.

Making her way onto the large and immaculately maintained outdoor basketball courts, Cess began dribbling the ball around and through her legs, brushing off the rust from the last time she’d played. It was months ago now… the very day her mutation had manifested, but thankfully for Cess basketball didn’t remind of her of that night. It reminded her of her family… of her father. She’d spent countless hours growing up learning the ins and outs of a game she’d never willingly play, but basketball was her main means of connecting with her Dad. What might have hurt to think about a month ago was steadily warming into nostalgic remembrance of her family. The people she still believed, somewhere deep beneath the glaring truth of the matter, would someday answer her calls and bring her back home.

Lobbing the ball up to the hoop for a layup, Cess delighted in the warmth of the afternoon sunlight and the familiar rhythm of the basketball against the court’s floor. Knowing Tommy, Cess wouldn’t have to wait too long for a yay or nay to her proposition. Surely the rule-breaking-free experience of playing basketball on a sunny day might not have the same draw as Tommy’s more exciting pursuits, but there was still the draw of pretty-girl-who-likes-me to entice the Speedster. And, you know, the lovely feeling of zero risk for getting into trouble that put straight-laced-Cess at ease.
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 11:13 PM

Mercury, Tommy had come to find, was a fun girl wrapped up in a shy girl wrapped up in a lovely silver package. He’d figured that out the more they hung out together and she loosened up. The slightly timid way she’d acted when they’d first met had more to do, he suspected, with having just become a mutant and been plopped down in a completely new school than with how she was as a person. As the redhead grew to accept her powers, something else the speedster had noticed, she’d way chilled out.

Hell, just look at the way she phrased her text.

A wide grin split the speedster’s face as he hit pause on the video flashing across his computer screen. The moment he did, the buzz that was the sped up voice from the video cut off and he let out a small snicker when he noticed that it caught the professor teaching the recorded class mid sentence and the way it twisted her face was not flattering. Deciding to leave it up as it might give his brother a laugh when he returned to the room, Tommy stood up and moved to the large window across the room. Their view looked out toward the basketball court and he took a moment to watch the redhead and her skills, more than a little impressed because not too many girls he knew could dribble like that.

Eager to join her, Tommy turned his attention to his phone and typed out a quick text of his own. :Be there before you read this: he sent and, sure enough, he’d changed into a pair of tight green workout leggings under a pair of glack shorts and a multi-colored Tee that made his silver hair and the blue of his eyes pop and was down at the basketball court just as her phone pinged. The gust of wind that followed him everywhere rushed past them as he smiled.

Tommy caught the ball as it fell through the hoop. “Damn girl. You got some moves,” he complimented as he began to dribble the ball between his own legs. He faked once to the right then darted- at a relatively normal human speed- around her right to playfully dribble around behind her. He then set the basketball to spinning on the tip of one index finger and reached around her to hold it in front of her face. “Thank you for the oh so needed distraction, because if I had to listen to a few more seconds of literature I was going to die. I just don’t see why reading about a bunch of immigrants working in meat packing matters. ”

Mercury
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 09:24 PM

Cessily wasn’t cool enough for the simultaneous buzz of a text in her pocket, huge gust of air, and sudden appearance of Tommy to not nearly scared the bejeezus out of her. She knew the guy was fast and not one to waste a second, but his nearly instantaneous appearance had Cess wondering what slice of boredom he’d been pulled away from. “Good lord, Tommy!” She explained breathlessly, bringing a hang to her chest as if to calm a heart that coincidentally wasn’t beating. “If it were still possible you might’ve given me a heart attack,” she teased with a grin.

With his sudden appearance and acknowledgement of her skills, Cessily’s hopes of hiding her true basketball prowess in an effort of sandbagging were dashed. The jig was up, and all of Cess’s ballerific skills were now free to be on display. She took a fruitless swipe at the ball as Tommy dribbled around her, marveling as the snazzily dressed mutant showed off his own basketball skills before he began lamenting over his current assignment.

“You’re reading ‘The Jungle’?” Cess inquired, genuine interest in her voice. Her nerd was about to start showing. “It’s a commentary on capitalism and the American Dream,” she recalled, her focus still on the spinning ball before she snatched the ball back and lobbed a quick shot. It clanged noisily off the rim and back toward the pair. Cessily fielded the rebound and tossed it back to Tommy before continuing. “Kind of relevant, you know? The ‘system’ only working for certain people and leaving the rest to fend for themselves in awful conditions,” she attempted, unsure of whether her friend’s eyes might roll back in his head at mention of the book’s themes. It wasn’t her favorite, but she did write a killer essay on it last year.

Realizing all too late that she was verging on being terribly boring, Cessily opted for a change in subject before she put Tommy to sleep. “Forget I mentioned that,” she advised with a smirk and a shake of her head. “Wanna play a game of H-O-R-S-E? Or we can play P-I-G if you’d rather me put you out of your misery sooner,” Cessily challenged, raising a ginger brow at Tommy. One on one wouldn’t be an option against the speedster, not a fair one at least. And given she kept her shifting to a minimum, the playing field in that game was as level as it was going to get.

Speed
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 10:01 AM

Did it ever get annoying having to wait for people to get over his sudden appearances? No, it did not, not anymore than jumping out at people from around a corner got old and nobody (except maybe the victims) ever got tired of that. “Sorry,” he said and with the grin on his face it was easy to tell that he was nothing of the sort. “But, hey, maybe I can get it started up again.” His silver eyebrows waggled at her before he began his own dribbling show, happy to be able to play a bit of ball. Most of the other students wouldn’t play with him because they didn’t trust him not to use his powers. What a lot of them didn’t get was that it was pretty much impossible for him to turn them completely off given that his perception of the world had changed as much as his ability to move through it.

But Cessily seemed game and that added more points to her already pretty high score.
Too bad she lost a few points with her excitement over the book he was being forced to read.

Blue eyes rolled even as his grin widened. “You’re such a nerd,” he playfully teased as she made her throw and then tossed the ball back to him. Tommy pivoted on one heel to face the hoop and tried his own shot which moved around the rim for a few agonizing seconds before slowly tilting to fall inside. Zipping forward, he grabbed the ball and lobbed it back to the ginger. “But, ugg, have pity on this poor soul. No more,” he groaned. “I just got done listening to the class...well most of it.” He paused and cocked his head slightly to the side. “Actually, you know what, that was good. Maybe I dont have to listen to the rest now.” A sly look slipped into his bright eyes. “Maybe you could help me study later,” he suggested with a hint of suggestion in his tone.

“Oh ho ho,” Tommy laughed at the metal mutant’s challenge. “That confident huh?” Damn, he liked that. Although the bit of shyness she’d first shown when they met had intrigued him, Tommy much preferred his ladies confident in themselves. It was a good look on Cess and he liked how she looked to begin with. The whole metal body thing didn’t bother him in the least, if anything he was curious. But not just curious like somebody going after the exotic to try something new just...interested. If you asked him, she was still pretty with her metal skin (especially now that she wasn’t covering it with all the layers she could find) and he liked how bright her red hair was in comparison. “Alright Red, let’s see what cha got.”

Mercury
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 05:45 PM

Lines that cheesy would have fallen flat with most others, but somewhere between Tommy’s charm and the pairs comical rapport they inspired a smirk instead of an eye roll from Cess. In all her shameless honesty, she loved the attention. A few weeks ago she considered herself an abomination, something not even her parents could love. Now that a handsome, charismatic, and downright fun to be around guy was giving her all this attention, she was hard pressed to brush it off. It was all harmless after all, since when it came to dating Cess was way more talk than she was walk. She would flirt and trade those subtle nudges, but when it came down to actually making a move her Royal Prudeliness was nowhere near as dashing.

“Yes, yes I am,” Cessily affirmed with a grin, the proclamation of her nerdiness tinged with a tiny bit of pride. In her opinion, being a super-nerd beat being some dumb bimbo cheerleader any day. Besides, Ashton Kutcher said smart is the new sexy, so she was going to go with what Kelso says and continue letting that nerd flag fly! Denying it wasn’t going to help anyone, especially the silver girl herself, so she was going to own it. “I mean, I can like, totes like turn down the, like, brains,” she teased in her best valley girl accent before receiving the pass from Tommy and setting her sights back on the hoop.

The platinum haired boy’s subtle suggestion was met with a knowing smirk and a wary narrowing of Cess’s silver eyes. “Study, hmm?” She inquired playfully, raising a ginger brow at Tommy’s suggestion. “Literature, not anatomy, right?” The girl teased over her shoulder as she headed to the free throw line. He couldn’t see the shine in her smirk when he called her ‘Red,’ a nickname she’d only really enjoyed on the cheer squad and had since gone unused since it stopped being the most characteristic physical feature about her. Cessily was poised to shoot, taking a few preparatory dribbles and raising the ball for her shot, before lowering it and turning back to Tommy. “What do you say we add a little wager to the game?” She tested, betting on the hunch that Speed wouldn’t be able to say no to a little friendly bet.

Realizing immediately that she had the ‘talk’ to suggest the bet but not the ‘walk’ or cojones to actually name the parameters of the wager, Cessily put the metaphorical ball back in Tommy’s court. “I’ll even let you set the terms,” she enticed, her chrome grin broadening at the proposed challenge. It may very well end up her undoing, as she was creating a wager whose bounds and stipulations she had relinquished to a particularly cheeky partner. But given how confident Cessily was and how sly a mood that Tommy was in already, chances were regardless of the outcome she’d be just fine. At least that was the thought she used to comfort herself as she turned back to the hoop and lobbed the free throw.

The first shot of their game fell with a satisfying ‘swish’ into the net, its rebound enthusiastically fielded by a self-assured Cess before being lobbed back to Tommy. Her expression was set in a confident grin, part of it bolstered by the skill she knew she had but the other part purely a bluff to make Tommy second guess himself. Win or lose, this ball game was bound to end up with some interesting results.
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:39 AM

Tommy snorted a laugh. “God, you’re as bad as my brother.” Nerds! How on earth had he surrounded himself with so many nerds?! Not that Tommy had ever been a bully or anything, but none of his friends had been even remotely nerdy (or maybe it was geeky? Supposedly there was a difference) back at his old school. Between track and his role breaking ways, the speedster had hung out with a few jocks and a lot of troublemakers, laze abouts, and druggies. No nerds. Tommy blamed some weird, twin connection that he’d immediately befriended one of the school’s biggest geeks almost immediately after transferring but he didn’t have an excuse for Cess.

He just liked her.

“There, that’s better,” he teased after the redhead gave her horrible Valley Girl impression. It actually made him want to twitch because even though he couldn’t honestly say that he’d never gone after a pretty but ditzy girl to get a quick lay he still preferred his girls not empty in the head. That got boring really fast...well after the laying part.

Speaking of such things…

Tommy waggled his brows some more as his suggestion was met with both narrowed eyes and a smirk. He noted that the other mutant didn’t at all seem against the idea even if she didn’t agree with it either. “Well, you know, I’m such a bad student I need help learning all the things,” he replied as he walked casually after her. “And you seem so wise and knowledgeable and generous…” And hot and sassy but he left those last two compliments off.

But damn were they true.

“Oh?” Tommy asked, arching an interested brow. “A wager huh? What did ya have in mind?” Because he could think of many things he would like to wager on, that studying session being pretty high up there, but he wanted to see exactly what the metal girl meant. Aaaaand of course, being a girl, she couldn’t make it that easy on him. “Up to me?” Well that seemed ballsy of her. The speedster cocked his head thoughtfully to the side as he watched her make her first throw. How far did he want to try to take this? It was a fine line between pushing his luck and going too far. “Ok,” he replied as he caught the ball and moved to stand where Cessily had been. He lined up his arms for the throw. “I win, you kiss me.” He adjusted his hold, a grin spreading across his face. “You win, I kiss you.” With a slight hop, the speedster tossed the ball at the hoop. It didn’t swish through like hers, but it made it in after a bit of bouncing.

Tommy zipped forward to grab it then positioned himself behind the goal. He shuffled from foot to foot and rolled the ball in his hands as he tried to work out the angle. Before shooting, he leaned over to grin at her around the pole, curious to see her reaction to the wager she’d started. Straightening, he tossed the ball and darted back over to stand beside her to watch at it sailed over the top of the goal. It almost went in...and then didn’t.

Mercury
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 07:12 PM

Well, fuck. Cess playing it cool with Tommy had been exactly that: playing. In reality she had no idea what she was doing, or what her sassy quip might set her up for moments later. Her ever-cool counterpart for this particular game didn’t take long in his determination of terms, and in doing so had created a bit of a conundrum for Cessily. Regardless of the outcome of the game, the terms of the wager would end up as a win-win for Tommy. But for Cessily, the excitement of kissing the sly speedster was tinged with a few caveats. Firstly, she was completely chickenshit and if it weren’t for her altered complexion she’d be beet red at the suggestion Tommy had made. Secondly, there was the buzz from the rumor mill that Cess couldn’t keep out of her head.

She tried to stay out of the gossip, but living in a mansion full of ridiculous teenagers meant that eventually you heard a little something about everyone whether you’d meant to or not. And something that had stuck in Cess’ brain involved another student she hadn’t really spent any time with since arriving to the school. Word on the street was that Tommy and Tabby had a ‘thing’. But given how Tommy had always been so warm and flirty with Cess, she had assumed that thing was over. Why would he make a wager for courtside smooches if he already had a boo? A mixture of Cess’ aggrandization of Tommy and her own silver-lining-seeking naivete helped her to shoo that possibility from her mind. Tommy was a good guy, he certainly wouldn’t two time girls. Especially girls with mutant powers who lived under the same roof as him.

Content with her dissection of the situation at hand, Cess worked to transition the look of surprise that Tommy had garnered with his proposal back into her confident smirk. “That seems fair,” Cessily sarcastically sassed, shaking her head at the boy’s cheeky decision but committed to going along with it already. “You really put a lot of uncertainty into the outcome, there, Tommy,” she teased, crossing her arms over her chest before finally confirming what he’d already been forward enough to outrightly assume.

“I’m game,” she confirmed, nodding to the basket for him to take his first shot of the game. She intended to win, and though the prize attached to that victory made her heart jump into her throat she was still intent on victory.

Tommy’s first sunk shot was confirmation that he could indeed hang. But what he did next made Cessily’s eyes wide in worry. Those damn trick shots… She was fairly adept on the court but the behind the net shots were the types of tricks that did her in. Silver eyes watched intently as the ball sailed over the back of the hoop, aligned well for its target, but just missing by a hair. She let out an audible breath of relief (a habit that stuck even though she no longer required air) and snagged the rebound. “Resorting to trick shots this early? What’re you, shook already?” she jabbed, her grin taking away any of the sting her words might have imparted. Setting up on the three point arc just a little off center, Cessily took a few steadying dribbles before lobbing her long shot up. As soon as it sailed through the air she let out a soft, “Nope,” knowing the shot didn’t feel right from the moment it left her fingertips. It only barely hit the rim, bouncing off to the far side of the court. “Drat,” Cess mused aloud, shrugging off the miss. She could have used a little more of a warmup.

“Ruh roh, your shot,” Cess called to Tommy as she jogged over to retrieve the ball, a dig at their Scooby-centric first meeting. “Don’t mess up. Dooooooon’t mess up. Whatever you do, don’t miss it. It’s so simple, just put the ball in the net,” she taunted lightheartedly as Tommy began to line up his next shot. With any luck, her intimidation tactics would prove fruitful, though either way the outcome would be relatively the same. Whether or not Cess would actually let him get away with his cheeky terms was still to be determined.

Speed
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:36 AM

The sass was expected and had the speedster beaming with delight. “Hey, your fault for bringing it up then leaving it up to me,” he pointed out. Really, that had just been asking for trouble so she really shouldn’t be surprised that he’d taken advantage. His flirting had been obvious enough for her to imagine where he’d go with it right? And besides, as far as he was concerned, Tommy had made it a win-win for both of them; no girl who had kissed him had ever left unhappy.

Finally, Cess folded and agreed to his terms which added another point in her favor not just because that meant he’d get to kiss her either way but because the redhead hadn’t backed down from the challenge she’d started. Kudos to her. “Pretty sure it shows massive confidence,” Tommy shot back with a grin when Cess called him out on the trick shots. Of course, not that he was successful in his attempt. “Damn.” Tommy rubbed thoughtfully at his chin as he watched Cess follow his lead by missing her shot. Ok, they were going to have to start being either a lot better or a lot worse at this if they hoped to drop any letters on the other; Tommy wasn’t known for his excessive patience, especially with such a prize on the line.

“Faaaaail,” he teased as Cess tossed the ball back to him. In retort, she heckled him as he lined up his own three pointer. While it didn’t rattle his confidence, it did distract him. At first, Tommy just grinned and ignored it but the more she egged him on the more he couldn’t fight back the laughter. “Didn’t peg you for a cheater,” he grinned over at her and his expression showed he approved of it. For a second, he turned back to the three pointer shot and prepared himself to throw...then decided to change tactics. She wanted to play? He could play.

The speedster blurred and appeared just behind the metal mutant, his arms wrapped around her to hold the ball in front of her. While his front wasn’t plastered to her back, the contact was there and noticeable as he then threw the shot from around and behind her.

It went in.

“Well, would you look at that,” he commented in a tone that oozed smugness.

Mercury
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 08:32 AM

“I don’t recall ever saying that I would play fair. Just that I would win,” Cessily declared. The statement of course was a complete bluff, as rule breakers like Tommy were undoubtedly cooler than sticklers like herself. But in all honesty, just the idea of actually cheating or the possibilities of getting caught made Cess feel a bit queasy. She could play leather jacket Sandy but when it came down to it the girl was definitely more of a poodle skirt Sandy. For how long she could keep that facade up, she wasn’t entirely sure, but for the time being she was almost having fun with this whole casual badass thing she’d fabricated.

Perhaps Cess wasn’t giving herself enough credit. These last few weeks at the school had proven to the redhead that she had a lot more spice than she’d given herself credit for. But as soon as Tommy zipped behind her and her knees turned to pudding, the truth was clear. Who was Cess kidding? There was a boy, a boy who smelled amazing and was impossibly warm, and he was right up on her. Thankful that Tommy couldn’t quite see her expression from his current vantage point, Cessily worked to re-assembled her cool-face and keep this charade on the rails. Certainly the sting from the ostentatiously made shot would help to bring her back to her senses. The shot swished so perfectly in the net that it was kicked right back to the pair, Cess extending an arm to snatch it after a few bounces.

Welp, this could be problematic.

“Not bad,” she allowed, turning to quirk an eyebrow at Tommy. An instant later, Cessily’s metallic form lost its hard edges before its now liquid state flowed around and behind Tommy. She reformed as she was a moment before, basketball in hand and ready to level her attempt at the basket. “Ahem…” she prompted slyly before stepping up to the three point line. Two could play at this game of cheeky advances.

After a dribble or two and a steadying breath, Cessily let the ball fly, leaving her feet briefly as she hurled it toward the hoop. The ball noisily rattled in and back out of the hoop… A miss. Little miss confident now had a “P”. “This is me going easy on you. You know, getting your hopes up,” she very obviously bluffed, smirking at the amusement of her current predicament. Trotting over to retrieve her rebound, Cess passed the ball off to Tommy for his next attempt. “Let’s see what else you’ve got,” she tempted, hoping her competitor’s own hubris might get in the way of his success here. With any luck now, the rust would start to shake off and she could end up with both bragging rights and a story about how she kissed a very pretty boy. Perhaps it was that whole part that had her off her game… the prospect alone sending belly-butterflies in a tizzy.

Speed
PM
^
Boom Boom
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 03:45 AM

Of course, when you're looking for something, it's always going to end up being in the very last place you'd expect it to be. She'd been trying to locate Speed for a hot minute, figuring he would be located in one of the three or four usual spots she'd known him to frequent, but when she couldn't find him in any of the common areas, she head to his dorm and try there.

“Tommy, TOMMY are you in there? Knock knock biiiitch...”
She knocked harshly on his door and waited a beat before trying the handle, a grin splitting her face when it swung open. “Hey?” She questioned, poking her head in and entering. No one was in the room, bu she did see movement out by the basketball court and with a glance she noticed the shock of white hair that no doubt belonged to the boy she was looking for. “Jesus dude, all this cardio is gonna kill me.” She griped a little as she booked it back out of his dorm, making her way outside and down to the courts at a jog. She pulled out her cell phone and shot him a quick text.

'Stop messing around, I wanna make out.'

She laughed as she hit send. Yeah it was bold but it was a true fact, she wasn't gonna pull any punches about why she wanted to meet up with him. He was a great guy, super cute and knew how to have a good time. The fact that he gave her a serious case of the butterflies only made her want to be around him more, even though she'd never admit to it. She really did like him, and that strange night they'd spent in the commons really cemented her feelings into place. She'd deny it up and down and tell anyone that whatever they had was just for fun but, if all she ever wanted from Tommy was fun, she would have never tried to hold his hand as much as she did, and she definitely wouldn't have gone out of her way to just spend time with him casually. But no, for real, they were just friends with benefits. At least, that's what she had to keep repeating to herself. Seriously though, she was reconsidering her urge to hang out with him if the effort was going to be this exhausting every time. She'd have to teach him a lesson on being handy when she wanted him.

Making her way out to the courts she tugged her hat into proper place on her head, smirking as she was about to burst through and surprise whoever was on the courts, but her pace slowed when she picked up on the conversation that was happening. Something about a bet? A wager? Oh hell if there was about to be a one on one game, Tabby definitely wanted to watch.

'I win, you kiss me. You win, I kiss you.'

Wait.

What the fuck.

What the actual fuck.

It was like time stopped for a moment. She was still aware of everything going on around her, she was still privy to the blatant flirting that was going on, and all the butterflies in her stomach died and turned to lead. She felt like her guts were sinking into the earth itself and she wished she could burrow after them and never see the light of day again. Her fists clenched at her sides for a moment and she could practically feel Felix shift and move over her hand, thickening in places so the pressure from her instantaneous rage didn't end up hurting her. Her jaw set itself into place and her eyes narrowed. What a dick. She even did her makeup so she'd look cute when she saw him. What. A. DICK.

Before she knew it, her feet were carrying her over to the courts at a brisk pace, her hands crammed into the pockets of her shorts. The shorts she picked out because they made her ass look great, because she wanted to look cute when she saw him. Dick.

The instant the sole of her converse hit the pavement of the court, her mouth was running before she could even stop it, one hand perching on her hip while the other raised a pointed finger in the boy's direction.

“Thomas. Fuckin'. Shepherd.”

There was that Virginia twang again, out in full force just like her rage. Her eyes flicked from Mercury to Tommy and back again quite a few times, as though her gaze itself were daring either of them to deny what had just gone down between the two of them. Tabby barely knew Cessily, from what she knew, the redhead was sweet and nice and pretty chill, but if the metal mutant so much as even tried to say something smart, Tabitha would not hesitate to redirect focus. Green eyes locked onto bright blue and stayed there, and the floodgates of wrath opened in full force.

“It's pretty fuckin' funny ya bring up cheatin'.” Okay so they weren't exactly in a relationship but Tabby had at least been decent enough to stick to just hooking up with Tommy, instead of chasing down anything that walked. “Are ya fuckin' kiddin' me right now Tommy? Seriously? Oh my GOD.” Tabby grit her teeth as she rolled her eyes, and her hands moved again, one flying up to remove the ball cap from her head and the other following it to run through her bangs out of sheer anxiety.

“Let me guess, I'm just not enough for you? One girl isn't enough so you just have to start a collection? Is that the typ'a guy ya are? Shit I wish you woulda' told me before I put yer di- ya know what. Nah. Just to save her the embarrassment, we ain't goin' int'a explicit detail. Fuck.”

She took a few heavy breaths, the heat creeping up her chest, her neck, and into her cheeks, causing her eyes to burn hot and wet.

“You're shit Tommy. Pure shit, ya know that.” She looked him in the eye hard one last time, clenching the cloth part of her hat hard in her hand. “Christ almighty.” Her voice cracked a little at the last possible moment, and she spun on her heel and stormed off the court, heading back toward the mock safety of the mansion.
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 10:57 AM

Although he had seen Cess use her powers a few times since they met, it was still a sight to behold when she pretty much liquified to flow around and behind him. It was bizarre and awesome at the same time. When she formed back up behind him, the speedster grinned over his shoulder at her and stayed where he was, aware that he was taller and in the way but, hey, that was the game; she had to make the same shot he did or else accept the dreaded letter.

“And the P has fallen!” he crowed when her shot missed. “A third of the way there.” At her comment he nodded and placed his hand on his chest. “Then I shall expect a heart crushing defeat to come,” he dramatically responded before catching the ball and dribbling it between his legs as he debated what shot he wanted to try next.

The angry shout caught him mid dribble and in his surprise Tommy missed it entirely and the ball went bouncing off the court.

The sort of alarm that filled all children when their mothers full named them shot through the speedster as he turned around. His startling blue eyes widened and he came down with a severe case of the “oh shit”s when he spotted Tabby, her eyes blazing and fury written in every part of her, standing there with one finger pointed accusingly at him. Guilt and bewilderment warred inside him as the speedster stood frozen before her wrath like a deer caught in headlights.

Tommy had never seen Tabby pissed like this. Usually she was cheeky and ready to have a good time (with some sadness mixed in lately). All he could do as her words were flung at him like daggers was to stand there and take it, too shocked and confused to really think about what she was yelling at him for and how it was, strictly speaking, a little unfair. It wasn’t until her voice broke and she turned to charge off that panic replaced everything else he was feeling. “Shit, Tabby, wait!” Tommy started to go after her then remembered Cess and turned toward the redhead. What he saw in her eyes and face made him wince and he promised himself he’d make this right later too but at the moment Tabby was the more upset of the two. “I-I’m sorry,” he hastily apologized, his gaze flicking back and forth between the two girls. “This isn’t-- we’re-- look, I’m sorry, I gotta go, just--I’ll talk to you later…” Fuck, that sounded lame and stupid even to him. Tommy opened his mouth as though to add to his pathetic attempt at an explanation before he shook his head and darted after the furious blonde bombshell.

“Tabby, wait,” he pleaded as he appeared ahead of her, walking backwards to compensate for her angry charge forward. “We weren’t-- okay we were--” Tommy quickly decided to edit because the last thing he wanted at the moment was to make this worse by setting Tabby’s anger on Cess. “I mean I was, but...I don’t understand. I thought we--” Ok, the sharpest crayon in the box Tommy might not be, but even he realized that saying “I thought we were just fooling around” was not a good way to take this. Not that he could think of a better response at the moment. “You and me, we, I mean. I didn’t think…”

Uh...yeah, there was a lot of not thinking going on right now.

Mercury
Boom Boom
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 05:35 PM

The girl playfully bounced from foot to foot as she waited for Tommy to take his next shot, an eager grin gracing her lips. She was glad he enjoyed the letter he’d given, because it’d make his smug charade even more satisfying after the come from behind win she had planned. But Cess wouldn’t have the chance to enjoy her prospective gloating, it seemed. Quite far from it, actually. The sound of an unfamiliar but undoubtedly furious voice had her turned around in an instant, the visage of an irate Tabby quickly coming into focus.

Body stiffening at the harsh verbal assault, Cess’s shoulders nervously crept up toward her ears as Tabby let loose. She was too in shock to react at first, too shook to come up with anything to say, not that the look Tabby shot toward her invited much opinion or protest. Frozen in place with a front row view of the obliteration of Tommy through a flurry of obscenities, Cess was left to awkwardly take in the scene before her, unsure at first of what was going on. Then, it all really sunk in, and as it did her metaphorical guts turned to lead in her belly.

Tommy’s clipped explanation was met with a silent, wide eyed Cess before he ran off after Tabby and she was left alone. There was no anger, no disgust that could be thrown at Tommy for his apparent deceit. The girl just felt crushed, any inflation of her belief that she was desirable even in her metal form flattened in just a few moments. Silver eyes welled up with liquid mercury tears, each one pooling just above her lower lashes to roll slowly down her cheeks before being reabsorbed. She bit at her lower lip, the painful sensation meant to help her keep herself together in front of the both of them, though what she really wanted to do was melt into a puddle and disappear forever.

Cess felt so stupid… that small part of her knew something was up, and instead of listening to her better judgement she listened to the butterflies in her belly. She’d catered to her own ego, its fires having been stoked by the attention from a handsome and popular boy. And most frustratingly, she’d proven to be naive and blind and in the process had mangled both Tabby’s and her own heart. As she watched Tommy run after the irate blonde, Cess was left alone to wallow in her own stupidity. Which didn’t last long, seeing as she was too mortified to be anywhere but in her room at the moment.

Without much more delay, Cessily took off in the direction opposite of the other two, her pace a brisk power walk that bordered on a run. She wiped fruitlessly at the tears still freely flowing from her eyes, not stemming the tide of liquid mercury from its source. The pretty redhead had never been burned like this before, seeing as she was always the one who did the breaking up and had never been broken up with. Nor had she experienced the great displeasure of being two timed. The fresh feeling was far from palatable, and the sooner she could wallow in her own self pity in solitude, the better. What she’d give for some super speed in this instant to get the hell out of there. If Tommy had any intention of following after her once he was done putting out the live fire that was Tabby, it would be misguided. Cess didn’t have any words for him now between her tears, but she would soon enough.

Boom Boom Speed
PM
^
Boom Boom
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 01:43 AM

Her anger was still burning hot and fierce as she focused on putting one foot in front of the other. A good portion of her instincts were telling her to turn back and start wailing on him, and cave into that primal urge to make him physically feel everything she was feeling emotionally, but thankfully the flight part of her instincts were taking control instead of the fight part. Her converse skid over the grass almost silently and she blinked hard a few times, the heavy tears flowing freely and her having absolutely no desire to stop them. She had every intention of booking it straight to a bathroom or a back corner of the library, somewhere that was isolated and away from everyone else so she could at least get all this ugliness out without anyone being witness.

She had heard Tommy yell at her to wait, and she thought her wordless refusal was enough to get him to take the hint. She didn't know what all he said as she stormed away, but she definitely didn't expect him to appear in front of her and tell her what to do again.

So much for having no witnesses.

Her brows furrowed furiously when he started denying everything, and he quickly backtracked and fessed up, which didn't improve his situation any, but it spoke a little bit to his ability to read a situation and read a person.

“Ya don't understand?” She laughed humorlessly, a couple more mascara tears making a retreat down her cheeks making her eyes burn a little. She sniffed and brought her free hand up to wipe her cheeks, only succeeding in making her makeup even more of a mess.

Of course he didn't understand. How could he?

“Of course you weren't thinking! Ever think it would just be decent to let me know you planned on sluttin' around while we had an arrangement? That's what it was for ya idiot! Lemme break it down jus' so ya don't go to bed as stupid as ya woke up. Fuck buddies means ya go to yer fuck buddy when ya wanna fuck.”

She sniffled again and tucked her bangs behind her ear, her anxious habit kicking into overdrive. She couldn't exactly pinpoint why she was so upset, but it didn't matter right now, all that matters was making sure the person who hurt her knew she was hurt. Deep down in her core, she knew why this hurt so much, but she was absolutely unwilling to admit to herself, or anyone else. She knew that her outburst was a little less than fair, but at the same time, what he'd done was pretty shady too, so she couldn't bring herself to feel bad about calling him out so publicly and suddenly. Hell, she'd gone through the trouble to look good for him, that should've been a big enough hint for him to pick up on.

With shaky hands, she lifted her ball cap back up and put it on her head, pulling the brim down to hopefully hide the mess that was her now totally ruined eye makeup. She really needed to start buying the good waterproof stuff.

“I'm tellin' ya right now Tommy Shepherd if ya don't get th'hell outta my way yer gonna regret it.” She clenched her fists in preparation to back up her threat.

Speed Mercury
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 11:49 PM

Tommy was only beginning to understand the shit storm he’d caused and he could only think of one other time when he’d felt this guilty. Then, his lack of thought had caused some very dangerous men to get ahold of his brother. Had Billy not sensed something was off and texted Tommy, the illusionist might not be here any longer. It had been fully and completely Tommy’s fault for all of it, including his twin’s unawareness that there was anybody he should be watching out for. All of it could have been avoided if the speedster had just taken a few moments to think about what it would mean to piss off a bunch of ninjas.

The same thing could probably be said for this; he just hadn’t seen it coming. But how could he?! Tabby and he weren’t exclusive. They were just fuck buddies who also enjoyed each other’s company...unexclusively (inexclusively?). Tommy should have been free to flirt with anybody he wanted and neither he nor the girl he was hitting on should feel bad about that.

And shit but Cess had clearly felt horrible about it. The look on her face…

Tommy had to shove his guilt toward her down because the chances of his making this worse when just dealing with one girl was high enough without splitting his attention. He’d talk to Cess later, like he’d promised, and he’d- somehow- fix it.

But the more explosive girl first.

The speedster kept silent when Tabby repeated his words because, yeah, he really didn’t understand. Ok, he got why she might be pissed but the raccoon eyes showed the blonde was as much hurt as mad. It reminded him a little of that night they’d had in the rec room except horribly the opposite with him making things worse rather than better. Baffled, he just stared at Tabby as she exploded at him. “That’s not what that means!” he blurted. “Fuck buddies are just supposed to be there when you want some fun or you don’t have somebody else.” Which he knew wasn’t going to help things but that’s what they were!

Tommy dragged his hands through his mess of silver hair in exasperation as Tabby hid her face under her ball cap. “What you’re saying might as well be dating. I didn’t think you wanted that.” Blue eyes flicked down to Tabby’s balling fists, but he didn’t move. Instead, he took a step forward and held his hands up in surrender. Do you want that?[/i]”

Boom Boom Mercury
PM
^
Mercury
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 09:06 AM

When Cess made it around the corner and out of sight of the quarreling pair of lovers, she broke into a sprint for the door. Silver eyes shone wide and teary as she nearly bowled over someone when she swung the door open and bolted through. Ducking and morphing her form to just narrowly avoid smashing shoulders with that unfortunate passerby, Cess didn’t bother to stay to apologize before she bounded up the stairs and into her room. Racing your problems to hide in your room was particularly difficult when the current problem had super-speed. Locking the door behind her, Cessily dove for her bed and mashed her face into the pillow.

A muted, low groan resonated through the pillow’s stuffing as Cess attempted to put into sound the crappy feeling that was sinking lowly into her chest. Nothing had happened between her and Tommy, but it almost certainly was going to. And that alone had her feeling particularly crumby given she’d had so many indications that it might not be the best idea to pursue Thomas Shepherd. Cessily laid there for a while, thankful for the first time in a while that she’d had a roommate-less room since Karo moved back home. The solitude was good given the fact that she’d felt so embarrassed and exposed moments before.

Whatever Tommy was planning to say, assuming he was going to try to explain himself, Cess didn’t have much of a mind to listen right now. She was currently busy kicking herself for not only ignoring all the rumors and accounts people had of him but having bought that game herself. This wasn’t the type of girl she wanted to be, the one that felt like this. The old Cessily before all the chrome knew exactly who she was, and so did everyone else. Here she was enamored with the first person who made her feel even remotely as desirable in this new and strange form. That precarious need for validation that she was still worthy of admiration and affection had gotten her into this particularly miserable pickle today.

Cess rolled over to lay flat on her back across the bed, her chest rising and falling slowly as she tried to steady herself. This emotional response was something she’d need to sort through before she could face Tommy again. And knowing that guy’s rate of speed, it wouldn’t take him too long to come knocking.

[Cess, out! Twalk amongst yuhselves…]

Boom Boom Speed
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.