Member of the Month

Member of the Month:
NoBody

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
Training the Untrainable?

Add Reply
New Poll

I Like Long Motorcycle Rides, Explosions, and You, February 4, 1700 | Closed to tagged
X-23
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 07:04 PM

Julian was extra cranky these days to the extent that even Laura had noticed. This was not her forte. She was good at breaking things not fixing them. If he had someone he needed terrorized or dead she would have been happy to step in, but cheering someone up especially if they didn't want it? She didn't know what she was supposed to do about that. It wasn't like waffles were going to help him (it would have made her feel better) and he was pretty firm about the "I don't like killing people" thing so going out and disposing of some low lifes would be a little counter productive. Those were her two best ideas down the drain. What did he like? Cars? Well she was pretty sure about their car theft last time she would need to find a new racing ring to frequent. Sports? No that meant too many annoying people. Shopping? He'd probably collapse the roof of the mall if someone looked at them funny which while entertaining didn't exactly have the cheering effect she was hoping for.

So she wracked her brain and came up with something almost as good.

As classes wrapped up she went ahead and grabbed him. "Come on, let's go, I have a good plan," she informed him leading the way to her bike. "To cheer you up," she elaborated. She could have let him drive his schmancy car, but where they were headed it might be better to not stand out. Also bike rides were good for morale. She had seen enough movies by now to know that the good girl loved the bad boy on a bike. And neither of them really fit that "good girl" mold, but well it still ought to be impressive. Probably would have worked better if she was trying to woo Billy since he would have been the good girl in a movie, but well she had to work with what she had.

She didn't bother to tell him where they were going as they zoomed upstate into what passed as the boonies around here. It wasn't quite like the movies she had seen or Alabama which according to Kaylee was filled with rampaging football fans and tornadoes around every corner and bears, but it would have to do as they pulled up to a warehouse with a slightly abandoned look to it.

So their destination was a little illegal. But no one was going to die so Laura figured it was okay.

"So remember those fireworks on New Year's?" she said excitedly as she hopped off the bike and stowed her helmet. "I liked those. Explosions are fun. So I found this place. They have real fireworks. Not sparklers. And then there's a place nearby that has ice cream. So fireworks and ice cream without all the losers at school." She looked up at him hopefully. It had seemed like a good night to her and one that he couldn't possibly complain about unless it was that they weren't designer fireworks. Also if he complained she could always leave him there. "Come on." She seized his hand and started trying to pull him forward.

You couldn't blame her that tonight was the night the county police had decided would be a good night to raid the store, home to not only illegal fireworks but possibly a sketchy money laundering operations.

Scion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 07:42 PM

When Laura had told him that she had a good plan, something mean to cheer him up, freezing his ass off on the back of a motorcycle had not been the first thing that came to mind. Of course there was nothing to complain about when it came to being on a bike with Laura, even when he was cast in the role of the pretty thing on the back of it, but Christ was Julian ever done with winter for all time. He'd clung to Laura for dear life the entire ride over, not because he was spooked by riding a bike, but because somehow he hoped that would make him less cold. It hadn't, but hugging himself so close to her had still been nice and he could always claim safety concerns or whatever if she decided that maybe he'd gotten a bit too clingy.

Slipping off the bike once they reached their destination, Julian pulled off his helmet and looked around. He took a brief moment to run his hand through his hair to fix it, actually managing to get it back into a decent looking shape, something that indicated he might be an actual wizard, or at least when it came to doing his hair. "That's one of the things I remember about New Year's" Julian told Laura when she asked about it. Mostly he remembered the exact moment that the ball dropped to signal in the new year, but yes there had also been fireworks and those had been pretty impressive.

"Ice cream?" Julian echoed incredulously as Laura started to pull him towards the shady looking warehouse. Because of course that was the most important thing to focus on here, not the actual fireworks X-23 promised. "Down with the big firework explosions, not so much with that," he informed her. It was like, minus eleventy degrees, the last thing on Julian's mind was eating something that would make things even colder. "You've got to accept that you're dating a SoCal guy here, Laur. My entire body is screaming at me that it's too cold to even be outside." And that was despite being bundled up as much as he was right then. "I'm actually hoping something immediately goes wrong here just so I can warm myself next to a big fire." Large amounts of dangerous fireworks exploding would probably be of more concern to most people, but while Julian had very little faith in his telekinetic ability most of the time these days, he trusted it to offer protection.

"Are we getting to set anything off ourselves?" Jules wondered as the pair neared the warehouse. "I like participation over just standing around looking at things. That drag race wouldn't have been half as fun if we hadn't jacked a car and won it. We should win at fireworks too." He wasn't quite sure how that one would work, but between the two of them Julian was sure they'd figure it out. Probably something about whoever managed to create the biggest explosions.
PM
^
X-23
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 05:14 PM

Alright so there had been plenty more about New Year's to remember, but you couldn't blame her for honing in on the fireworks. Explosions were in her DNA. Explosions were in her blood. And since most people had all those hang ups about lethal ones fireworks were a good compromise.

Of course if she had to fire them at someone to take care of business she would. Jubilee got away with it after all.

"Fine. You can watch me eat ice cream then. It's never too cold for ice cream." She would order him a bowl of hot fudge. Sure the weather was probably better where he came from, but California was apparently full of hippies so she could cross that off potential places to live. "I could set you on fire," she offered helpfully. That would solve one problem. "If your toes didn't fall off when Logan dragged us into the woods I think you'll survive." Maybe. It was possible Julian would keel over at any moment just for the dramatic effect. She would probably come back and get him after she got her fireworks. Probably.

She snorted. "If this goes wrong before I get to blow something up I won't be happy." Preferably the wrong would also not be furry cannibals this time. Those things had been a pain in the ass to kill.

"Yes. We're going to buy a whole bunch and set them off. And we win at everything." Duh. She was going to put that drug money she had confiscated to good use. It was like Robin Hood. Stealing from the rich, giving to the needy. She needed fireworks. Done. "Look at them all." She stopped dead in the entrance. It was a pyromaniac's dream come true, boxes on boxes of fireworks stacked up higher than was probably sensible all with brightly colored designs on the boxes and names in huge fonts: Land Sharks, Moroccan Madness, Big Warpath, Desert Dream, and then there were the sparklers and the smaller ones, like the kind that flung around on the ground shaped like seals or woodchucks.

"Get a cart. I need them all." If only there was pizza, than this would truly be heaven.

Scion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 11:24 PM

Never too cold for ice cream. Julian could only look at Laura with his eyebrows raised when she made that ridiculous claim. Had she not been his girlfriend, and fully capable of kicking his ass unless he just went all telekinetic on her, Julian would not have let her get away with that. But she was, and he wouldn't, so here they were with Julian biting his lip to keep himself from telling a girl that claiming it was never too cold for ice cream was ridiculous. Ah, the things he'd do just to keep his favourite girl happy.

"You could also... not set me on fire, and we could just go inside and not eat ice cream," Julian proposed as an alternate plan to what Laura suggested. He knew that Laura thought herself to be a kind of strategist usually, but in this case Julian definitely liked his own plan better. Less death for him, always a bonus. "And come on, of course I can survive a bit of cold." Or a lot of cold, as had been the case in Canada, where all of the cold was. "I'll just bitch about it a lot. We should go to California sometime so you can actually experience what it's like to be in the sun." There had been nowhere near enough sunshine in New York since he had gotten there.

"See," Julian started when Laura said she'd be unhappy if something went wrong before she blew something up, "I figured you blowing up could be what went wrong. Two birds, one big explosive stone." That seemed efficient. Laura liked it when things were done efficiently, right?

A little smirk played on Julian's lips as he followed X-23 to the warehouse. Explosions weren't quite his thing, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to these. "I would do that rich Beverly Hills kid thing where I say my father could buy you the entire warehouse," Julian brought up as they reached the door, "but then somehow I think my dad would raise a brow at me wanting to buy a warehouse full of illegal fireworks. You know--" Julian's smirk broadened a little, "--as far removed as we are from the Fourth of July."

When Laura told him they needed a cart, Julian nodded and went to retrieve one. Or two. He decided to just go with two so they wouldn't have to go back straight away once their first one was full. "Anything that blows up green and glowy, we get at least two of them," Julian announced as he wheeled the two carts up to where Laura was, allowing her to take one of them. "Anything that looks like it might be too dangerous, we get two of those as well." There was no way this could go badly.
PM
^
X-23
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 09:53 PM

And they thought she didn't know things. She saw that look Julian gave her. He was smart enough not to argue with her about ice cream, probably because he knew deep down she was right, but still he was supposed to be the normal one, with the normal upbringing? Yeah. Right. Whatever.

She snorted. "Fine. I won't set you on fire and I'll eat your ice cream. Are you happy now?" Boy was he hard to please. Which she knew already. She wasn't sure she'd say it was part of his charm, but well it just was. "Can we go surfing? I want to go surfing." Because hopefully she would get an alien puppy like Stitch. Darwin was cute, but he wasn't very destructive. She wanted a dog who was genetically engineered to destroy. "You know, like Lilo and Stitch. Maybe we should go to Hawaii." Best to keep Julian on the same wavelength right away so he wouldn't flip out when she brought back a science experiment puppy.

What. She had been grown in a lab to destroy things. There could be Stitches out there.

"Perfect! Your planning is getting better." Maybe one day he'd be a useful strategist and not a pincushion for mummies. Maybe. She wouldn't share that fact with him though. He hadn't gotten eaten by the wendigo after all so maybe he was making progress.

She let him go off to get the carts while she started looking for something big. "That's why you pay cash, so he can't see what you bought. And so no one else can see where you are." Boy he needed some lessons on being illegal. "But that's okay. We can come back." She started moving through the stacks, pulling down the green and purple ones, as well as the ones with the best names. Or most explosions on the boxes. All too soon the cart was getting filled up and there was limited space on a motorcycle. "We should have stolen someone's pickup truck for this."

Scion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:22 AM

At the mention of surfing, Julian perked up immediately, because of course they could go surfing. "Yes," he decided immediately. "We will go surfing." It was already not even a tentative plan anymore, Julian was determined to do this now. The mention of Lilo and Stitch and the suggestion that they go to Hawaii instead of California did throw him off for a brief moment, but he quickly recollected himself. "We can go to Hawaii if you want," he told her, not so stubborn that he wouldn't be willing to make a compromise when it would lead to surfing. He wasn't sure if it would live up to Laura's expectations if she was expecting small blue space dogs to accompany her though. She was going to have to settle for a green-eyed telekinetic who looked awesome on a surfboard, especially in a climate warm enough where he could just wear trunks.

"We'll go to Hawaii during spring break," he decided next. "That will be in early April, so it's not too far from now." But of course it wasn't right now, so he was already impatient for it to be April. "I'll have a look at where the best surfing spots are and book us a trip," he added, automatically assuming that when it came to booking a surfing vacation it was better if he handled things. He knew surfing better than Laura did, and he had certain expectations when it came to accommodations that he was pretty sure Laura wouldn't care about, so he wanted to stay in control of where they'd end up.

Laura made a lot of sense when she brought up how paying for things in cash made it so his father wouldn't be able to see what he bought or where he'd bought it. "Make large cash withdrawals to more sneakily partake in illegal activity, check," he smirked. "I'll make sure to do that next time, if I know we'll be doing something we shouldn't in advance." Hmm, actually it seemed pretty safe to assume that they would, given their track record so far. "I'll do it somewhere well removed from where I'll actually be spending it too," he added, "so he won't be able to make any educated guesses either." Between Laura and Matt, Julian was picking up all sorts of good behaviour.

As their carts began filling up quickly, Laura brought up how they should have come in a vehicle that could carry more fireworks. "Your bike would fit maybe two boxes," he pointed out to her. "I drive a sports car and she would have been able to hold a lot more than that." He should know, given how creatively he'd filled her up with the spoils of a shopping spree before. "But don't you worry about that," he added, pointing towards himself. "You've got me. As long as we make the minimum weight, and can get them to bundle it all together nicely, I can just carry it back to the school." Because telekinesis was just useful like that, something that X-23 could stand to acknowledge more often.

Noticing a particularly interesting looking set of boxes, Julian wandered away from their carts. "Those seem to have a lot of warning labels on them," he pointed out to Laura, turning his head to look at her over his shoulder. "How many do you think will fit in there?" Julian shifted his attention towards the carts, adding "Should we get more? Maybe we can have them set aside what we picked out so far, then go and grab more." The people at the school were going to love a couple of teenagers bringing home enough fireworks to probably level the entire school.
PM
^
X-23
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 03:52 PM

There. Now he couldn't complain that they never did things he liked. After all she had suffered through clothes shopping with him and now surfing. Although surfing would actually be fun. And clothes shopping had ended in food and Santa Clause. Who, for the record, had brought her presents therefore was real. Regardless surfing would be a lot more entertaining than shopping.

"What, you think they aren't going to plan some death defying field trip for spring break?" she asked with a grin. She was starting to wonder if the adults even thought about these activities before they loaded them up. She wouldn't be surprised if they were all Logan's idea, he probably saw them as useful, real world instruction sessions and she agreed with him, but some of the teachers got their panties all in a wad every time something semi-dangerous happened. As if a mansion full of mutants half in control of their powers wasn't already a powder keg. No wonder they had brought in a therapist and hinted around that he had lots of open appointments: they were all insane and trying to deny it by claiming it was the students. "Okay." She was more than happy to let him do the work. She planned enough things without planning a trip too. Besides, it wasn't like turning him loose to plan a prison break or recon mission. If something went wrong they wouldn't die.

Probably. With their luck you never knew.

"Look at that, you'll be a vigilante mastermind in no time." Not a criminal, because obviously they were good guys. Who did slightly questionable things for good reasons. Like Batman. "Helps to keep cash on your person too." It helped if you had to run at the drop of a hat. Not that she was planning on doing that here, but before she had gotten to the school there had been a time or two she had to drop everything and leave. She had relaxed some since deciding to stay at Xavier's but not enough that she didn't have a bag stashed deep in her closet where Liv wouldn't find it in case she ever had to make a prompt exit. It was too naive to hope that good times would go on forever.

"That's why I bring you," she said deadpan. "To carry my bags and explosives." Yes telekinesis was useful, she just didn't want Julian getting a big head over it. Someone had to keep him down to earth after all. Especially since he had to pay attention to use his powers and obviously he wasn't always doing that since that jackal had managed to stab him, she wasn't letting that go anytime soon. "Besides, we don't have to get it all the way back to school. We could stash it, but what are the odds on a fire this month?" Probably high. She should start a betting pool. "We should set some off now." That was the whole point of fireworks and when it came to explosives she was not going to be patient.

She followed him to the box in question. "The more warning labels, the more fun it is," she said. Seeing as she ought to come with a few warning labels herself she would know.

Scion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 12:03 PM

Julian's shoulders slumped a little when X-23 failed to show his telekinetic abilities any real appreciation. Generally the opinions held by others meant nothing to him, falling off him like he was freshly laminated, but with Laura things were different. He actually cared what she thought of him, and that she wasn't at all impressed by what he could do, basically ever, was a real downer. Jules was usually completely fine keeping his own ego bloated and content, but Laura was managing to deflate it. Of course he didn't point that out to her, because admitting to something like that just made him look like a needy idiot, and that would only deflate it further.

"Where are you thinking of setting these off?" he wondered instead, moving away from anything that even resembled discussing what might be perceived as insecurity. "I kind of want to set some off at the school, otherwise how will the rest get to be jealous of us?" He paused briefly. "I mean, about this in particular. They have plenty of reasons in general." And just like that, Julian's confidence meter had shot back to one hundred and fifty.

The suggestion that they set off some fireworks right then had Julian briefly looking around them before his eyes settled on Laura again. "We should... set some off now," he repeated incredulously. Okay, he knew that his girlfriend did not have the same hobbies or world view that most people did, but surely it must have occurred to her that this would not be a good idea. "Can we just take a moment to look around?" he suggested. "Just have a look at all of the other firework that could be set off in a massive chain reaction, destroying this warehouse, everyone inside of it, and who knows what else. You--" Julian pointed towards Laura, "--might have a healing factor, but the rest of us don't. Pretty sure my telekinetic shield would crumble. Sure, I can take a pounding from a Wendigo..." Considering his phrasing for a moment, Julian held up his hand. "Don't even start. My point is... no. Worst idea ever, and that's coming from me." Julian wasn't exactly known for his quality judgement.

"Let's just... wait until we're somewhere less potentially catastrophic?" he suggested, grabbing another box and adding it to the cart that still had some room left in it. "We don't have to go far, just--" Julian was about to say "Just far enough not to blow anyone up" when a commotion coming from the front of the warehouse distracted him. He turned his attention back towards Laura a second later, eyebrows slightly raised. "Any idea what's going on?" he wondered, figuring that the girl with the superhuman senses would have a better idea of what was happening than he would, unless he just walked up there to check.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.