Member of the Month:
Rider

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Add Reply
New Poll

Beta Squad, More Like Burger Squad, February 20, 2017; 1800 (open to NMs)
X-23
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:57 PM

Continued from Broke In

Well as usual activities at Xavier's had escalated quickly. Glitch had gotten himself broken in what was possibly record time and since no one had listened to her to just fix the problem and had gotten Slate involved that meant he was probably going to start nitpicking and wanting to know the details.

That was, if he could find his team. Laura hadn't been joking when she said she was hungry so with or without the others she was going to go get food. If they wanted to come good. If not than they were lame and she needed to find a new team ASAP. Plus once they got Luca fixed they would probably come looking for the rest of them and if you thought she was going to be anywhere near the scene of the crime when the adults came looking for someone to yell at you had another thing coming. She could eat enough that could stay at Harry's til they closed down no problem.

She took up her favorite table in the back corner with a full view of both doors and an easy escape through the back door if the need arose. Even Salem Center wasn't completely safe, especially since Doug had come home all shot up the other day. The rest of them probably wouldn't think of that, but well that was just another thing she was going to have to try to teach them so they didn't get themselves shot.

"So today's lesson was not to piss off anyone with adamantium claws and a dark past," she announced brightly to the others. Well they'd all probably steer clear of Logan now. "What should we do for the next team building exercise? I'm thinking the Danger Room. I have a good idea for a simulation." They should all be very, very afraid.

Abra, Boom Boom, Mo'o, Plasma, Forge, Gentle, Wiccan, Magma

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Magma
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 03:20 PM

Amara was left with the feeling that she should have tried just a little bit harder to keep Luca from doing something incredibly stupid. As entertaining as watching him march into Logan’s cabin had been, she should have stopped him. Although, on the flip side, Luca should have known better… right? When multiple members of the staff appeared and other teammates moved along to assist, Amara let her stomach decide her next course of action. Another body milling about would just be in the way, at this point, and she was harsh craving some burgers. There was no way she was letting X-23 eat them all.

Folding herself gracefully into her seat next to Laura, she flashed the brunette a grin. ”A lesson that I am sure none of us will forget very soon.” The blonde agreed, casting a glance around the restaurant. A look of excitement passed across her face as her pointy teammate brought up the Danger Room. ”I like your ideas.” Amara was definitely on board, agreeing quickly to what ever lunacy Laura was plotting.

”Like burgers, great idea. I am totally starved.” Her thoughts shifted back to their broken team member. ”We should bring Luca back some burgers.” She offered, snatching up a menu from the middle of their table and burying her face behind it as she tried to decide on just how much meat she wanted her dinner to contain.

Glitch
PM
^
Plasma
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 03:30 PM

During the incident with Luca and Wolverine, Ruby had chosen to stay quiet and out of the way. Arguments were bad she tried to stay clear of them. Shouting was worse, but there hadn't been any of that, just Logan speaking in a strangely calm way that was actually scarier than him yelling. It had been like he was so mad that he became calm again. After that Slate had appeared and wanted to know what was going on. Presumably he was going to ask them all later and then decide if they were going to be in trouble for not stopping Luca. Ruby hoped they wouldn't be. Group detentions were pointless. All it did was teach was the badly behaved kids they could get everyone in trouble and the well behaved kids that it didn't matter if they did behave.

Laura had suggested they all go out of for burgers, which was nice. And probably a good idea for them to be away for a bit. Maybe the adults would all calm down before they found them. Or they would get in even more trouble. X-23 had picked a really good table. A nice corner one where no one could sneak up on you and you could an eye on the doors. It was the sort of spot Ruby would feel comfortable in. Nice and safe and secure. And they were near the back doors in case they needed to escape pretty quick. Laura had thought of everything.

Ruby raised an eyebrow when Laura mentioned the days lesson of not pissing off people with metal claws. "You mean people didn't already know that." she said as she fiddled with the meditation crystal that hung around her neck. David was right, it was surprisingly good at helping her calm down. "Logan pretty much has a giant neon sign over his head that says 'don't fuck with me.'"
PMEmail
^
Abra
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 03:54 PM

Food and an excuse to hang out with his classmates? Roan was in. He sat near Plasma, mentally hoping nobody said the words 'kids' table', or else he'd have to get snarky at them.
EXTREMELY snarky.
With several choice 4-letter words.

"Not gonna lie, I didn't expect Logan to do... that. I know he's a stone cold badass, but..." He frowned. Roan just didn't like that kind of violence without a really good reason for it. "Also... did the dude piss in someone's cornflakes or something? Everyone seems to think the Luca guy is an asshole or something, but I haven't actually heard why. Someone wanna fill me in?" Roan was all for being a dick to a dick, but he hadn't actually been given a legitimate reason to consider Luca a dick. He seemed like the type who COULD be a dick, but Roan needed concrete proof of dickitude.

"Danger Room works. I was gonna suggest laser tag, but Danger Room seems more actually useful. Especially if it's Laura's sim." He smiled. He wasn't particularly a fan of X-23 or Magma, but he respected them, and was glad they were on his team. They were just a little too serious and weird for his liking. He wondered if that was the case with all the badasses around the school, like Logan... that there was some point where you had to trade in your ability to be normal for the last few levels in badass. "Could definitely help to have us run some kinda combat-ish scenario as a group to see how well we actually do as a team. Then we can figure out what to improve on from there." He added, not even bothering to open his menu - he always ordered the same thing, the bacon cheese fries and a root beer float.
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 06:58 PM

The whole scene with Luca and Logan had left Baki feeling rather shaken. He didn't know what to make of it and he honestly had no idea what to do after. So he just followed everyone else's example and went to the burger joint X-23 recommended. He wasn't feeling particularly hungry after hearing someone's arm get snapped like a twig, but he figured it was better to eat something now than regret it late at night.

He hesitated for a moment before sitting down across from Abra and just listened to the rest of them talk. Roan brought up a good point of what exactly Luca did to earn so much derision. Though the one thing that was gnawing at his mind all the more, "I was actually never told about this Logan guy and now I don't know what to do with this information." Other than stay far far away from Logan as much as possible. "I just...is no one else freaked out by the idea that someone like that lives so close to a school full of kids?"

Not to knock the intelligence at the table, but he had seen plenty of kids way younger than them, all mutants, all liable to do something just as reckless. If Luca had been just a few years younger would Logan still act that way? Would he still attack with no regard for consequences? Looking around the table, he got the sinking feeling that no one else saw this as a problem.

At the mention of the Danger Room, Baki figured it was his chance to ask more questions, "The Danger Room, Drake mentioned it on the way over, it sounded kind of cool. Is it just for combat stuff?" Cause the way he heard it, it could become just about anything. And he was kind of hoping at some point to get a little taste of home, even if he couldn't go back just yet.

Plasma, Magma
PM
^
Forge
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 10:32 AM

Forge was hungry, and Forge liked burgers, so off to Harry's he had went with the other. Though as soon as he walked in the door Forge's intention to eat some food was quickly replaced with the volume of things to tinker around with in the bar. Their was the jute box that if reconfigured with the right parts could be a pretty neat acoustic cannon. Their was the computerized game machine that sat on the bar where one could play those matching games. That had some uses that were interesting, and then their was the slot machines for real actual gambling that sat along the wall.

Forge was watching as an older man sat at the machine, feeding it dollar bills and pulling the handle. The tumblers spinning as the old guy hoped that the cherry symbols would align. Though one after the other they missed. Sometimes he'd lose his dollar, sometimes he would win in back. every so often he would make a dollar, but he always missed that $1000 jackpot. "Did you know, there are 8000 combinations on that slot machine." Forge said to the old man as he watched the machine spin. His mutation filling him in on all sorts of things as he watched the tumblers spin. "Beat it kid." The old man huffed as Forge stood their watching the guy play. Not really interested anymore in why he was at Harry's in the first place.

"OK." Forge simply said as he watched the man feed in another dollar and pull the lever. Forge simply reached up and gave the machine a hard whack. Click Click Click. The Cherries fell into position and the light at the top started blinking. "Like that?" He said, before turning on his heels and heading off to the table where the others were sitting at. No longer interested in the math of slot machines.

Coming in on the tail end of the conversation, Forge shrugged a bit as he sat down. "I don't think I'm allowed in the Danger Room." Forge said, his fingers rapping anxiously on the table top as he eyed one of the TV's that was hung on the wall. His nose scrunching a bit as he glared at it. "That TV's speaker is blown. Someone should fix it. Can we get some of those Pepper Jack cheese balls?"

X-23
Abra
Mo'o
Plasma
Magma
PMEmail
^
X-23
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 02:13 PM

Amara could always be counted on to agree to a good idea, that was one thing Laura liked about the other girl. Hopefully the rest of them got the idea too and didn't decide to annoy Laura next. If she could convince everyone to fall in line without actually having to do anything, well that was a stroke of genius on her part and she would have to thank Logan later. "Good idea. Of course he might just throw them back at us." In which case if Luca didn't want his burger Laura would be happy to eat that one too. She shrugged at Abra's question. "He's the one walking around with the 'I'm-a-Badass' attitude." And so far he hadn't done anything to actually back it up other than try to throw shade. Luca could get back to her when he could back up his comments.

"Apparently not," she told Ruby, rustling her menu. Maybe because for the most part Logan didn't show the New Mutants his scary side. Probably for the best. If some of them were freaking out over this imagine what they would do if they saw him actually taking on an adversary. She would cut the new kid a little slack, he didn't know better, but he'd better learn fast. "Next time it hits the fan and someone is missing or something is attacking you'll be glad Logan is on our side," she told Mo'o. "You can't survive hiding and being nice. Someone has to do the dirty work." Which wasn't necessarily breaking Glitch, but without people like Wolverine around there wouldn't be a Xavier's Institute, because when someone came after them they'd be screwed.

"You're short, no one will notice if we bring you in too," Laura told Forge dismissively. "What are they worried about, you'll make it better?" Wasn't allowed in the Danger Room, the adults really were dumb. How was he going to train with them otherwise? Besides Forge fixed things. It was what he did. And added explosions, but Laura didn't really see a problem with that either. She would just have to pick a good simulation for them. 'Combat-ish' Roan called it. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. The kid had been in actual combat before on some of the trips, he ought to know that they needed to have their act together in the field.

The waitress arrived to take their orders and Laura started with her customary two appetizers. And two burgers. "And those are for me," she told the rest of them. "Not the table." If they thought she was sharing her bacon cheese fries and wings they had another thing coming.

Magma

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.