Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Add Reply
New Poll

Polyvore Alternatives, Or somewhere to save your old sets
Charly
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 09:23 AM

So, today I discovered Fashmates. At a quick glance it looks fairly similar to Polyvore. If you like making sets for your characters then this could be a good option.

It also allows you to download and import your sets from your old Polyvore account too. I had a go today and it seems to work fine. When you download from Polyvore it downloads as a zip file, you just need to upload that zip file to Fashmates. It was pretty quick for me but I don’t have 100s of sets, Fashmates do say it could take up to a few hours depending on file size.

At the moment the preloaded clothing is only womenswear BUT you can upload images from your computer so if you find something online you could save it and import it that way. Imported images did seem to all import in the wrong dimensions which was a bit annoying but, we all suffer for out art! -swoon-

The ‘My Items’ thing seems to be for listing items to sell unlike on Polyvore where it was just items you had saved BUT I’ve only had a quick look so might be wrong. Fashmates does appear to be aimed at people selling stuff but could work if you have a burning desire to create sets for your characters.

If nothing else I’m really glad that I haven’t lost my Polyvore sets. That said, I think you’ve only got until May 15th, 2018 to download your old sets.

--------------------
user posted image
CONTACT ME ON SKYPE @ CHARLYPEANUT OR BY PM
PMEmailWebsite
^
Charly
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 09:39 AM

The second option is ShopLook Canvas. In my opinion this is a better looking website than Fashmates.

Again, it seems more targeted at women but it promises it's launching the Clipper function around the 27th April (so you can just add menswear items as you please) as well as the ability to add backgrounds and text to sets.

You can add your Polyvore History to ShopLook as well, the same as with Fashmates. It's as easy to do.

It's still a work in progress but is worth watching out for, I think.

I'm still looking into other alternatives. There's one set to launch soon that's invite only which promises to be a direct replacement for Polyvore (the others already existed and are just trying to accommodate disgruntled Polyvore users). I'll add new finds as I come across them, please feel free to reply here if you find better alternatives!

--------------------
user posted image
CONTACT ME ON SKYPE @ CHARLYPEANUT OR BY PM
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.