Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
WPX - Storming the Castle

Add Reply
New Poll

surprise music therapy, apr 10 | 2 pm | closed
Boom Boom
 Posted: May 20 2018, 12:17 PM

Waking up at the Baccarat was always a bit of an experience, no matter how used to the hotel Tabby seemed to be. When her eyes fluttered open and took in all of the too-expensive surroundings it was still a bit of a surprise. When she was awake and aware, Tabby was accustomed to her new surroundings, but her half asleep brain was still searching for the things that made the mansion so familiar and homey.

It was no different when she woke up from a quick afternoon nap. For a split second, her sleepy green eyes lazily drifted around in confusion before her brain caught up with her surroundings. From her position on the floor, she stretched her limbs and released a rather inhuman groan that morphed into a shout at the pinnacle of her body's stretch. Maybe napping on the floor wasn't the best spot but, no one had tripped over her so she supposed the old saying 'no harm no foul' came into play.

Rising to her feet and stretching a bit more, and grunted as she felt all the familiar places in her spine pop. She doubted her back would ever be the same after she'd fallen through the floor and gravity had wrapped her body around a desk. She knew in her heart of hearts that she was now destined to be that old lady that constantly bitched about her backaches and reeked of Icy Hot. It was a grim future that lay ahead of Tabitha Smith no matter which way she sliced it. Bugs or addicted to pain killers, neither of them sounded very good.

Her bare feet padded over the soft floor as she wandered out of her shared suite, determined to find some kind of food or entertainment. She mainly wanted to just walk about to shake the sleep out of her legs, but when she got out into the hallways, her eyes and ears perked up at the sound of music coming from the neighboring suite.

Was that Misfits?

She entered with a light knock and a brief look around, a sleepy grin on her face looking for the source of the noise. Oh, it was Ruby. It was both an unexpected turn of events and a moment that Tabby felt she shouldn't have been surprised. It was just insane that someone who was so sweet and quiet was into the harder kinds of music, then again Tabby herself didn't look like she'd be the type to jump on her bed while listening to the Top 40. Locking eyes with Plasma she walked over quickly and gave a little wave to the younger girl.

“Hey, sweet tunes you got going on. Mind if I hang out for a while?”
PM
^
Plasma
 Posted: May 20 2018, 03:42 PM

In a way, Ruby was very slowly becoming used to the hotel. She would likely never be truly comfortable there but she was no longer afraid of leaving the room or touching things. It had been a week, so she was not doing as well as some of the others, who had settled in almost instantly. Of course, it was better than her still being nervous. Anything was better than her still being nervous.

Being in such an expensive hotel meant that they had access to some useful technology, including a set of speakers that she could connect her mp3 player to. This had surprised Ruby, she had figured that they would only work with stuff like iPods. But her Sony Walkman mp3 player worked with it and she was quite pleased with that. Had she not taken that with her to Colorado, it would have been destroyed and left her with no music to help calm her mind. For a while she sat there on the floor, flicking through the music on her mp3 player, deciding what she wanted to listen to. Sadly the mp3 player did not have enough memory to store all her music, that was on a separate hard drive. A hard drive that had probably been destroyed or at least damaged. She was grateful that she had been persuaded to back up most of her files elsewhere. With some luck, and a new laptop to replace her precious Stanford who had also been destroyed in the blast, she would be able to access all her music again.

A bit of searching brought her to the Misfits. Ruby loved the Misfits. Jet had listened to them a lot when he lived at home. A quick look around showed that none her room mates were currently in, so there was no one who might be bothered about her musical tastes. She set the album playing, sighed happily and went to sit, cross legged on the sofa. This was nice and strangely calming. But it wasn't long before there was a knock on the door and someone came in.

Ruby's wide, worried eyes flicked to Tabby when she entered the room. For some reason, her first thought was that she was there to complain about Ruby's choice of music. Thankfully this turned out to be wrong and the older girl actually complimented her taste and asked if she could join her. "Sure." Ruby smiled and shifted slightly on the sofa so there was space for her to sit down. "Got some other stuff if you want to listen to something else."

Boom Boom
PMEmail
^
Boom Boom
 Posted: May 22 2018, 01:21 AM

Tabby's grin widened when Ruby scooched over and made room for her to sit down. Ruby had looked genuinely worried for a moment, much to Tabby's chagrin, but then again, if she'd learned anything about the younger girl it was that Ruby seemed to assume the worst was about to happen. Tabby would definitely call the girl a worry wart in jest, but it was actually really endearing and it was one of the things Tabby found interesting about her younger classmate.

“This is cool for right now, do you listen to Volbeat at all though? They seem like they might be up your alley.” Tabby tucked her legs up under herself and got as comfortable as possible. Honestly, this was super nice. Sitting around with a friend, listening to good music with zero expectations. Tabby was the type of person to take hanging out to the extremes. If she made plans to hang out with someone it usually involved either a lot of running around or physically doing things, so sitting down and listening to music was a good change of pace for the blonde.

She'd have to invite Ruby out to actually do something sometime though, because honestly she felt like she didn't know the girl as well as she should have after all this time and everything they'd been through together at the school.

She looked over at Ruby again after a beat and grinned. “I think I can think of a few more bands you'd like, if you don't already listen to them. God I wish my CD's hadn't gotten blown to shit, music sharing would be so much easier.” She really was devastated that most of her earthly possessions had been blown to kingdom come by unearthly invaders. Those bugs were dicks, serious dicks and Tabby couldn't wait until she got the chance to take another crack at them. All their training was going to pay off and they'd come out on top for sure.

Right?

“Hey, you know what, you and I should hit up a mall sometime. I think a few places still sell CD's right? We could go sometime, maybe take a bus...” She trailed off slowly and bit her lip, her eyes lingering on the bright red of Ruby's. Well shit, she definitely didn't think that offer through/ Last time she dragged Ruby off for some fun, they'd ended up held in prison for a week and tortured. Why the hell would Ruby want to go anywhere with Tabby after something like that happened? Ruby had been reluctant to leave the mansion back then, feeling like they'd definitely get in trouble for sneaking out. That had been Tabby's first time encountering Ruby's 'worry wart' side, and Tabby's git clenched a little, wishing above everything that all those months ago, she'd listened. She felt utterly stupid for even bringing up another outing now.

“Or.” She added quickly, trying to recover. “We could stay in and just check Spotify or something like that, if you want.”

Plasma
PM
^
Plasma
 Posted: May 24 2018, 04:35 PM

"Volbeat...? Not heard of them, unless you're talking the Pokemon Volbeat." Cleary, not. But Ruby still imagined a band comprised of that specific Pokemon. It was a pretty funny, if bizarre image. Hopefully, Tabby wouldn't be annoyed by it. Some people could get like that if you accidentally joked about a band they liked. But there was no malice in what she said, merely confusion.

Ruby liked getting music suggestions off people. Sometimes they were actually good. And it was nice to discover new music. "Awesome. As long as its not Taylor Swift, I'll try it." she scrunched her nose up a bit as she said this. Of course, she was aware that it made her look like a bit of a musical snob, but she simply couldn't stand that kind of music. "Two of my sisters are big fans and I had to listen to a lot her stuff." That was a pretty reasonable explanation, right? There would be people who would still be bothered by Ruby's opinion even though she had a vaguely acceptable reason to dislike that music, but Boom Boom didn't strike her as that type. A thought struck suddenly struck her and she added "Also, no Billy Joel." without a seconds thought. Stupid Billy Joel and that stupid song.

The talk of losing cds in the explosion brought a deep, weary sigh from her. "Yeah. I was just lucky that most of my music is on a separate hard drive and may be ok." Probably. If she was able to find it and take it to Forge, he might be able to fix it. Or turn it into a weapon. Either way was ok. A weapon might be useful if they had to face those bastard brood again. Hopefully they wouldn't, at least not without something that would cause those stupid aliens severe pain.

A trip to go buy cds sounded fun. If there were places that still sold them. Surely not all cd shops could have closed down or been replaced with record shops. Apparently vinyl was becoming fashionable again. "Second hand shops are good places to look for cds. You have to wade through a lot of rubbish, but you can sometimes find some absolute gems." she was actually rather enthusiastic. So enthusiastic that she almost missed out on the way that Tabby's voice trailed off. At first, she was a little confused, but then it became apparent. Last time she had gone somewhere with Tabby, they had been kidnapped and spent a week in Sinisters little corner of hell. So far, they hadn't talked about. Ruby was afraid of discussing it with her in case she upset her. After all, Tabby had had the skin removed from her arm and replaced with that weird gold glass stuff their cells had been made of. She had a constant reminder of what had happened.

Strangely, Ruby had never considered using Spotify. She had heard of it but never felt the need to check it out. "Either way is fine." she said happily. She would have jokingly added 'as long as we don't get kidnapped' but it was not a good idea. Judging by some of Tabby's actions, she probably still struggling to handle what had happened in the lab. Ruby was still having that trouble as well. Instead she said very softly. "Been a while since I went anywhere off the school grounds. And I probably need to go shopping at some point, since all my clothes are gone now."
PMEmail
^
Boom Boom
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 01:30 PM

“No no, not the weird little Pokemon, but trust me that always pops up when I try to google the band.” Tabby laughed a bit at the mention of Pokemon. She'd been pretty into it when she was a lot younger but she hadn't exactly kept up with it as she got older, though she wasn't going to diss it and say it was stupid. A lot of the little critters were still cute, and some of the newer ones were too. She'd thought a few times about downloading Pokemon go and seeing what it was all about, but she'd never gotten around to it.

She grinned down at the young blood bender when she mentioned disliking Taylor Swift. That was understandable. “Yeah I know how you feel. Back in Virginia I was made to listen to the twangiest country music and now I just can't stand the stuff. Tay-Swizzle isn't for everyone. Some of her songs are okay for me but, not all of it.” She wouldn't lie, some of the more poppy and upbeat songs were enough to get Tabby up and dancing around. She had to nod in agreement to Ruby's request to never listen to Billy Joel. Tabby vaguely remembered how Sinister had hummed along while 'fixing' Ruby's eyes. Tabby wasn't exactly sure if fixed was the right word to use, sure it was somewhat true in a strictly medical sense, Ruby didn't need her glasses anymore, but Tabby wasn't sure she would consider what he did 'fixing'. She was pretty sure Sinister himself was the only one who saw any good in what he'd done to any of them.

She couldn't imagine how Ruby felt, having to look in the mirror every day and be reminded of what she went through. Tabby had a similar situation going on with her Felix arm, but she had the option to throw on a long sleeve and hide her metallic appendage when the anxiety was getting to her. Ruby didn't have that kind of luxury.

Tabby sat there tight lipped and waited for Ruby to respond, but fortunately the pale girl didn't mention the lab or Tabby's fuck up at all, instead she seemed cheery to even be invited out or given the option to listen to new music period. It made Tabby's chest unclench in a bit of relief, and she relaxed back into the couch a little and lowered her voice to match Ruby's.

“Well, I think we can organize a trip out to go shopping sometime. I need new clothes too. I managed to get some stuff online but going to stores is just more fun. While we're out, we can look around for CD's and other fun stuff. I think some retail therapy would be good for both of us. Sound like a plan?” She laughed lightly and looked over at Ruby, her expression a subdued kind of excitement.

"And we can ask if anybody else wants to tag along if you want. Only if you want though, do bigger groups make you uncomfortable?" She asked a little hesitantly. She didn't want her to feel like she was being put on the spot or anything, but she was legitimately concerned if Ruby would feel more comfortable and safe with a few more friends or if just going with Tabby would make her more at ease. "Either way is totally cool with me."

Plasma
PM
^
Plasma
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 02:26 PM

Weird little Pokemon was a good description of a Volbeat. It was a Bug type Pokemon and Ruby had a strange aversion to that type. It was a stupid girly stereotype to be bothered by bugs but it was not something she could help. They just creeped her out. Same with Bug Pokemon. "It is a weird Pokemon, but then again, I prefer Ghost type ones." She doubted that it would surprise anyone to hear that. Ghost Pokemon just seemed so... fitting with her. "Bit disappointed that its not a band made of Pokemon but I'll look them at up some point."

Boom Boom had had to listen to country music? Ouch. That stuff was usually pretty dire. Or at least the stuff Ruby had heard. Country was not big in England. "Ick. The country music I've heard is pretty bad. But to be fair, it was chosen by a music teacher who I think was trying to punish the entire class for something." Country music was never going to be something that Ruby could enjoy, like all the terrible drum and bass stuff some of the kids back in Gipton had enjoyed. Which was worse than Taylor Swift. Sort of. "Her music all kinda sounds the same to me; about ex-boyfriends." There was a touch of disgust in her voice as she said that. Ruby had yet to feel any sort of attraction to either gender. Sometimes she felt it was never going to happen and that wasn't a bad thing, was it?

Tabby seemed to relax when Ruby said she liked the idea of going shopping sometime. For a moment, Ruby wondered if she had been expecting her to yell at her. That was not something she would do. Even if Ruby could yell, which she could barely do, she wouldn't. None of what had happened had been Tabby's fault.

A shopping trip actually sounded rather nice. Shopping was not one of those things that Ruby did. Not unless she was looking for books and cds. Those were easier for her to choose than clothes. Of course, now all her clothes were gone. So she would need to get more. Online shopping sounded a lot easier, especially considered Ruby's personal taste in clothing. You might not find skull patterned things in most shops. Unless skulls were back in fashion. She made a mental note to check that. "That sounds great." And she meant it. When it came to how big the group was, she thought about it. How big of a group was too big? And more importantly, how many people would want to go? She didn't want to prevent anyone from going. After all, she had been left out of things before she came to Xavier's and it made her feel terrible. "We could go with a few people. As long as no one touches me or yells, things should be fine. I guess...." At one point she might have added 'or makes fun of me' but that didn't seem to be a problem at Xavier's.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.