Member of the Month:
Rider

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Add Reply
New Poll

Trying to Sweep Up the Pieces., February 4th 7pm (closed to tagged)
Hellfire
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 10:05 PM

Trevor could have upgraded his forge. But he liked keeping it looking like something from a junkyard just to see Forge twitch and jump on looking at it. His was a coal forge, with the coal kept in a cast iron skillet and old satellite dish. The air flow was supplied by a hold cut in the bottom of the cast iron skillet set in a hole in the middle of the dish, with a hair drier attached to the end of a clothes drier air tube that was duct taped to both the bottom of the skillet and the hair drier.

Now the hammers and anvil were well worn, but in good shape. And at the moment he was beating out a larger Egyptian style blade for Plasma.

Looking the metal over, he smiled at the shape taking form. Holding the red glowing metal in his palm, Trevor slipped it in an oven designed to slowly lower the temperature over the course of hours. It was a lot safer to normalize the blade before reheating for heat treatment, and he wanted to make sure that khopesh was of high quality.

Despite the cold weather, he'd asked Faust to meet him out at the outdoor forge. It was mainly due to knowing that the weather would keep a lot of people from trying to butt in and that neither Hana or him had to worry much about the temperature. He was in a pair of worn jeans and work boots, wearing a simply blue t-shirt in apparent defiance of the cold.

Though the added steam coming off of him showed he was running a bit hotter than normal. Looking up to see the cyberpath walking up, Trevor smiled and said "Got a seat over by the anvil if you want it. Just give me a second to put my stuff up and shut down right quick." It was also partially as he was still more than a little pissed at Kitty painting him in a corner with the damn Yakuza bullshit that had went down a while back.

Putting up his gear, Trevor then pulled a metal folding chair out and flopped in it,relaxing and saying "So. There has been some Triple AAA quality bullshit that has gone on a while back." Rubbing his face, Trevor softly said "Mind if I get your take on it?"
PMEmail
^
Faust
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 11:46 AM

Hana had on a pair of jeans and a v neck sweater. She did not need the winter style sweater at all. Her experience with temperatures amounted to a sensor reading that told her what the temperature was. There were certain weather conditions that she avoided. Rain, freezing rain, thunder and lightening storms, but that was out of a need for survival more than it was not wanting to get wet or be out in those nasty conditions. A lightening strike would be deadly for her, more so that most human people. A human had a chance of surviving a lightening strike, Hana was not so certain that she could ever survive such a thing. Which was only another notch in the less than human category.

Yet see still wore season appropriate clothing. The need to appear human was still very strong with her. Reactions she got from most people were very different after she had gotten her image inducer. She quite enjoyed the reduction in awkward conversation and awkward questions. There was only so many times you could answer certain questions before you got the urge to tell people to go away and being anti-social was not something one was supposed to do. Though perhaps she would have been better served if she had been.

Here mentor, Trevor, had asked for her to come out to his forge for a conversation. She could make a very good guess as to what it was that he wanted to talk about. half of her wondered what other punitive punishment she was going to get for breaking the volume of rules that she had broken and for putting him, Kitty, and Roan into danger. Though she still argued that was their decision and not hers, thought that argument was pretty much moot by now. She was not certain what another conversation would solve but one was requested and ignoring it would only compound the issue even further.

Hana strolled up to the forge and eyed the contraption a bit. It's set up was simplistic, yet from what she was able to read about forges on the internet (which she was actively doing) it served all the needs that Trevor would need without being overly complicated. It had everything he needed on a regular basis and nothing that he did not need. Very minimalist, yet accurate and functional. She could appreciate that about her mentor.

Trevor's words caught her attention, and Hana made the decision to listen fully and not multitask. She, so far, had not been given a reason to not fully pay attention to her mentor. Her image inducer cracked a bit of a smile as he asked for her take on what had happened. "I assume you are referring to the Yakuza, and not Roberto, Wendigos, Kerr and the time reversal, or the Inauguration." Triple A bullshit was pretty common occurrence at Xaviers it seemed. Though it was pretty clear which one he was referring to.

"When tracking a vile man on the Dark Web. I ran into an image of Shurihana. Anger and fear gave me tunnel vision and I miscalculated my approach." She simply said as he turned an empty five gallon bucket upside down and seated herself. "My ability to make predictions based off of available data is flawed. So I will make corrections, find her and try again." Hana was committed to exacting revenge for the murder of her family, as well as the act that confined her to this android frame that had begun to feel more like a prison than it did a second chance at life. "And my best friend decided to solve the problem by unplugging me."

Hellfire
PMEmail
^
Hellfire
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 01:36 PM

Well. He had to give Faust credit to pinpoint exactly how mush bull had been going on. Rubbing the back of his neck with a free hand, Trevor admitted "Yeah. There has been more than our fair share of crap occurring."

Leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and hands clasped together as he listened, Trevor paid attention to what Faust said. About how she had come across this assassin, how she had decided to eliminate her. And how she thought her error was in a wrong approach.

Frankly Trevor didn't give a damn about Pale Flower drawing breath. He did know the woman was dangerous though. After all, he was pretty damn good in a knife fight and she'd gone toe to toe with him. Though he figured next time he met her, he'd probably try to keep his temperature ramped up along with having his blades charged up with burning hellfire to increase the lethality of his attacks.

Pulling out a bottle of water and taking a sip, Trevor wiped off his mouth with the back of his hand. Setting the bottle down, he asked "So here is my question. Is your life purely based around finding this thing and sending her to hell?" Meeting the artificial gaze of Faust, Trevor said "Seen that sort of obsession minus the personal emotional drive once. Felt it when it comes to so many of these assholes targeting Merry cause they think it is a fun idea. But there is a bit of difference in preparing in case someone stumbles across an asshole and purposefully seeking out said shithead."

Sighing, he then admitted "My cousin John sort of has that sort of tunnel vision at times. Or at least had. Not a damned thing that personally happened to him. Just seems to take injustice and evil as a personal affront. And made himself into little more than a weapon." Considering the sort of small apartments John had lived in, the near transitory existence with few personal connections, Trevor softly said "I think he was also the most alone human being I had ever seen. And I don't want to see you get so wrapped up in this mission of yours that you forget to live."
PMEmail
^
Faust
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 07:34 PM

Hana paused for a moment as she considered Trevor's words. On the one hand, if felt like more people telling her what she should not do with out advising what she should do. On the other hand it was a valid question to ask. Was her singular purpose to kill Shurihana? Would the tunnel vision she had experienced at t he Yakuza lair only managing to carry itself over into her life after her failure. Her second failure where Shurihana was concerned. The first being the failure to protect her parents. All of which only happened because she did something she should not have.

"My parents are dead because of my decision to sabotage the demonstration of the androids I had built." She simply stated, as she looked out over the grounds while considering her words. All of which would have taken most anyone else quite a while to do, though Hana could do it in mere moments. "My father took credit for my work and I wanted to be noticed. So I sabotaged the demonstration, which cost him investors, which led to the Yakuza losing money and ultimately my parents death." This was a part of the story that she always left out. People were not all that concerned for why she had been shot or why her parents had been shot. Only that they all had been. When asked her response was informed people that it was over money. A truth, but only a half truth.

"There is no justice for my parents and no amends that I can make for my error. There is only the removal of bad human code." A programmer could be like a dog chewing on a bone when it came down to finding that source of bad code that kept their program from working correctly and when it came to finding Shurihana, Hana could be the same way. "I am not alone though. As long as there is cyberspace I will not be alone. Though, if there is not a cyberspace anymore then I would not exist either."

Hana was never any good at socializing. Even when she had a flesh and blood body. Always more interested in the digital things than she was the biological things. Perhaps being rendered into a digital essence was her penance for not being more involved in life for life's sake. "Perhaps if I had gone to Midnight Special Kerr would have given me my body back, and I would know what it is like to be cold instead of just knowing that it is considered cold out today." It felt like now was a good time to shrug, so Hana commanded her android frame to execute a shrugging motion. "But Kerr is not my Geppetto."

Hellfire
PMEmail
^
Hellfire
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 09:42 PM

Giving a slow nod, it didn't shock Trevor that there was more to Hana's story than what she normally claimed. While he might have been more or less an open book at times, he knew that a lot of mutants didn't have the sort of support he had as a kid. Hell, the simple fact was mutation wasn't exactly uncommon in his family. His dad simply never slept. Ever. And John had a mutation, as did his cousin Emily. So it wasn't a huge shock.

He'd just had to come to Xavier's due to fear that his power would accidentally burn shit down.

Which was kind of funny. The energy conduit being less potentially safe than Emily and her ability to transform into a freaking Allosaurus where every once in a while, she just had to eat a steer or deer of some sort.

But it also showed a very narrow focus of vision on Faust's part.

Shaking his head about her focus on Pale Flower, Trevor said "Not the way I see it." Looking at Hana, Trevor said softly "Wanting recognition for work ain't a sin no matter how you slice it. Getting pissed at people who take from you isn't either." Taking another sip of water, Trevor then said "Course you do know this 'bad human code' you are talking about is nothing but a replaceable weapon to the ones who ordered you and your folks shot. Disposable. Non vital."

Letting that settle, Trevor remarked "Her masters expect her to die someday. And it will inconvenience them. Make them have to shuffle some plans around. But at the end of the day it doesn't really hurt them." Shrugging, he then said "You hurt them worse by making them lose money. And that is how you beat a bunch like that. Aim for the pocketbook. And to do that, you are going to need help. Going to need to talk to us so we can help." Smiling at Hana, Trevor said "You have friends here. Have a team. Folks who are willing to go to the mat for you. Hell, I don't have an issue with wanting to kill some assassin who is more stab happy than Logan. But she isn't the end goal. And what she knows might be more valuable than just killing her."

Cause frankly attempting to hit the pocketbook of the Yakuza was a very multifaceted game. Having asked John about it researched it a little, the various ways that organized crime gang worked to make themselves look like a respectable business by helping out small business and aiding when there was a natural disaster made it harder to work against them. Though Trevor was able to see it for what it was.

Like any hunter, they were using it as camouflage. Keeping an eye on the terrain. Seeing where their prey was strong and where it was weak. Seeing where to strike at.

It was clever, but for someone who had some experience in a rural environment and hunting some deer, it was also kind of transparent.

Shaking his head a bit, Trevor said "More to life than cyberspace. And more options than just thinking maybe Kerr could have zapped you back to normal." Tilting his head to the side and frowning, Radigan remarked "She could have simply reduced the body you are in into component parts. Dissipated your mind into nothing. Cause with you mainly living as a psionic entity in cyberspace, might have literally erased you."

Considering the question of if Hana could come back to a more human existence, Trevor half talked out to himself "Given the vat grown bodies of the Marauders, McCoy might someday be able to work out how to grow a new form for you if there was a genetic sample somewhere. Or maybe advances in robotics if we ever get Forge back to normal. But that might be beside the point of the real question."

Leaning forward and looking at Hana, Trevor asked "If you had the option, would you become human again?"
PMEmail
^
Faust
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 10:04 AM

"I suppose..." She simply said with a bit of a nod as she thought on the matter. "That Pale Flower is simply a symptom of a much larger cancer. If I treat just the symptom the disease will just return more aggressive." Hana tilted her head a bit as she thought on the matter. Perhaps by focusing on the organization as a whole she could drive Pale Flower out into the open. Force the Yakuza to deal with Pale Flower or risk being obliterated. "I will devise a plan to interrupt the entire organization. Once I have a suitable solution we can discuss it further."

Though her mind quickly switched to the other question that Trevor had. Whether or not she would choose to be human again. It was quite the existential question that went to the very core of her being. Though Hana wondered if it would solve some of her issues or only create more. "I do not know." She simply said, thinking more on the subject.

On the one hand she missed the smell of traditional teas and actually drinking those Japanese teas. Then their was the reality that it may not matter much. Even when she was flesh and blood she was more robotic and automated acting than she was anything resembling human in nature. "I miss things like tea ceremonies, and sushi. I am not fond of "the robot girl." I am also very much like social media... not actually social. Though I think the nature of my existence makes it simple for people to not interact with me like they would their tablet." Hana simply glanced over at Trevor and shrugged a bit. An entirely subconscious reaction that betrayed her usually well thought out and controlled mannerisms. "It is what Kitty did. I malfunctioned so she removed the source of the error. So, I do not know if I would choose to be human, but I would choose to be perceived as more human than machine. I, however, do not know that I have the capacity to interact with the world in a way that is less automated and more human." She again shrugged a bit, turning back to look at the forge that he had set up. "I do not know what that looks like."

Hellfire
PMEmail
^
Hellfire
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 01:54 AM

At the mention of trying to come up with a plan to remove the entire Yakuza organization, Trevor nodded in agreement but said "Not sure if there is a way to handle that problem due to size and complexity. But if there is, you will have some backup." Cause he sure as hell was not going to let one of these kids try to run something like that solo. He might not be able to be anything outside of a cheerleading section in whatever plan was concocted, but if that was all he could do he would swallow his pride and wear the skirt and wield the pom poms with gusto.

Might scar everyone else around, but he'd at least try.

He mainly wanted Faust to know that there were people that would have her back, would help and assist her. That she wasn't having to do things alone.

As Faust talked about missing tea ceremonies, Trevor thought about how an existence like that had to be. Not feeling the vibrations of hammer striking iron or steel. Not smelling the scent of a textbook or feeling the texture of it. The cold loneliness of not feeling Merry's hair and skin under his hand, not feeling the slight tremble his girlfriend could cause in him with certain looks. Not feeling the wind on his face. Not feeling the leather wrapped handle of his whip. Not getting that thrill of discovery when his adventures with the X-Men lead him to places like Nova Roma.

He wasn't sure how Hana could stand an existence without such feelings.

But he did shake his head back and forth firmly at the mention of her malfunctioning. "Didn't malfunction," Trevor said firmly. Taking a drink, he said solidly "No more a malfunction than me trying to throw down with Suvik Senyaka at the Capitol." Looking up at the girl trapped in a machine, he said calmly "I knew that it was tactically and strategically a bad call. But I also knew that the piece of shit that had put a damn steel bar through my love's head was standing right there. And for me.... it was worth the risk." Smirking a bit, Trevor then admitted "Course I justified it to myself as showing that not all mutants were in lockstep with the Brotherhood, Though their cyberpath cut that off in a hurry."

Mulling it over, he said "If I could redo it, might change up how I did it, but not actually squaring off with him. And I think you might have done the same." Smiling at Hana, Trevor remarked "You can't tell me you didn't run the odds. But you then still decided to run the risks and press ahead. And that Hana, makes you very human despite what you claim." Grinning at it, he softly said "The impulse to look at the odds,and decide 'Screw it. I'm beating those odds'."

Thinking it over a bit, Trevor frowned pensively as he mused out loud "Ever wondered if the lack of emotions is more a defensive thing? Cause you do feel emotions. And you are still human. Just don't have a flesh and blood vessel." Shaking his head, Trevor admitted "I'd probably go crazy if I was put in a robotic form. Means you are a lot stronger than i am."
PMEmail
^
Faust
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 07:25 PM

"I did sort of, as they say, throw it to the wall and hope it sticks." She gave a bit of a shrug as she pondered on Trevor's words a bit more. Not that the time that passed gave any indication that she was pondering his words or dwelling on the error in all of it. "I also had no inclination that she had replicated our work in robotics. That is most distressing." That work was supposed to be beneficial to society. Personal assistants and nannies. Butlers, housekeepers, and office assistants. Things that could free people up to spend more time with each other as a family and less time doing those things that kept them from such things as game night, or tea ceremonies.

The idea that her father had twisted that notion into something destructive, and the Yakuza had recreated that was maddening to Hana. Though, her recent experience had taught given her a bit of perspective in that arena. She had gotten mere moments away from driving that sai through Pale Flowers eye. All because she was able to adapt a defensive technology for a deadly purpose and quite easily at that.

"They are their. I am consciously aware of emotional response. They are just distracting and slow, like the lag in that video you want to watch. I also do not have a vehicle for emotion to show on their own. I must say, 'this pleases me, so I must command this image to smile." She punctuated her point by causing the image of herself to smile while raising her hand to look at the thing that she was confined in. "On a side note, I do wonder if the Brotherhood's cyberpath is as terrified of faraday cages as I am." She gave Trevor a bit of a side eyed glance. She was, in fact, contemplating doing what he was likely to assume she was contemplating doing. Enlisting that particular Cyberpath in her search and destruction of the Yakuza. "Faraday cages terrify me."

Hellfire
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.