Member of the Month

Member of the Month:
NoBody

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
Training the Untrainable?

Add Reply
New Poll

The Devil Went Down to Queens, February 17, 3PM (closed to tagged)
Mistral
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 09:39 PM

Kaylee wasn't sure what time mutant freedom fighters slash terrorists woke up, so she opted for an afternoon visit. She had the radio on as she drove, trying to pretend she was out to do something, anything, other than what she was about to do: go to a Brotherhood member for help.

Jean and Logan were going to flip their lids when they found out. Well. If. If was good. Hopefully if this worked they would be too busy going to rescue Kerr to wonder how Kaylee had tracked her down and by the time they got home there would probably be some new crisis to deal with and no one would ever have to know about this. Or that she had gotten Hardwire's information from John. Whose number she had. And had talked to enough to ask and get an answer.

There were so many ways this could go wrong.

'It's fine. In every book the heroes to go to some sketchy person connected with the enemy.' Which always worked so well. Like Frodo getting Gollum to take him to Mordor... wait he tried to feed them to a giant spider. Like Will Graham going to Hannibal Lecter for help. No, Hannibal had arranged to have the Red Dragon rearrange Will's face. A marathon read of a series about serial killers had been a bad choice when one of your friends was missing.

Damn, in other words this was a bad idea.

The radio wasn't helping either, starting off with sad songs and moving on to The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Well it was Queens. And more like going to the Devil. But it didn't seem like a particularly good omen for this mission.

Even driving slow she got there too fast, parking her monster truck between two smart cars and getting a few dirty looks for it. She hopped down and fed quarters into the meter, consulted her phone for the exact address, then started down the street. There. The tattoo studio looked relatively legitimate. There was the M sign, displayed in the front. This was it.

She looked up at the sign for a moment, but it wasn't in her character to waffle back and forth once a decision was made. Even if it was a bad one. She pushed open the door and stepped inside. It was a nicer place than where she had had her tattoos done back in Auburn, a quick survey showed the woman had talent, but she wasn't there for that. Not today at least. "Hello?" There she was, at least she thought it was her. The only time Kaylee had actually come face to face with the woman was at that karaoke bar back in October. "Hardwire, right?" She offered a hand. "I'm Kaylee Mardis. Mistral. Someone told me I could find you here. I need your help." Better to be up front about it, right? Who she was and what she wanted, rather than trying to bullshit the woman. Besides, her mama hadn't raised her to be rude. You caught more flies with honey than vinegar after all.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Hardwire
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:47 PM

Fridays tended to be busy for Elliot. It was true that the shop itself saw very little in the way of walkins before nine at night, but she tended to book her appointments for before five and the gallery upstairs was always open. It was actually beginning to pick up a little steam, too, with more local artists, mutant and human allies alike bringing their art to display in the loft. Pieces were selling with some regularity, enough that Elliot was considering getting Anna involved. If things started growing, Elle was going to need some advice from someone who knew the business better. From the dealer side rather than the artist’s side.

She had just sent an appointment home, a two hour block set aside for food and a scrub down of her work station before the Friday night rush hit hard. The Chinese food was on the table, the plushy couch calling her name and when the door opened, Elliot peered through the shop cameras ready to tell whoever was interrupting her lunch hour to fuck off but she recognized the pretty little face and blond waves. A small smile played at Elliot’s lips as she continued to open up her tiny white cartons before turning around to take the girl’s hand.

“I know who ye are, love. Yer Johnny’s friend.” Elliot gestured to the couch. “Yeh caught me at my lunch break. Why don’ yeh set down and tell me what yeh need me for?” Elliot did not mind helping the X-Men when they asked. They were so precious about their lines and their sides that the viewed her as some sort of shameful last resort... But that also meant when they did come to her it was the real deal. They never wasted Elliot’s time. And if she could help them, what was a little good will between self-proclaimed enemies?

The little blonde girl wasn’t her enemy.

They were exactly the same with only one real difference.

Mistral still had hope that mutants could survive in a human world.

“If I can help yeh, I will.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mistral
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 12:50 PM

For a second Kaylee wasn't sure if the woman was even going to talk to her. Sure, Elliot had been the main Brotherhood player actually trying to organize an alliance for the lab rescue, but they had actually had a dog in the fight then. One missing New Mutant probably was not going to ping high on anyone's radar. On the bright side since she didn't actually know the motive for taking Kerr she could be vague about it without lying.

Hardwire did take her offered hand though and knew exactly who she was. Maybe too well. 'Johnny's friend'. Great. What was he telling them? Or was Elliot just one of those people who knew everything? Hopefully the latter. After all she had managed to keep her mouth shut around everyone except Kerr.

Hopefully her face wasn't too red. It probably was. Damn. She would just have to attempt to play it cool.

That was probably a lost cause.

"Er, yeah, that's me. I guess." Sort of. Kind of. Whatever. Friend worked. She was not going to swoon and be all, 'Oh fiddle dee dee, he tells his friends about me.' She was a professional. Sort of. Kind of. She tried. Not very hard obviously considering where she was and what she was talking about.

"One of our kids got kidnapped from outside of Harry's. Whoever it was shot one of our other students badly, grabbed Kerr, and took off. Our technopaths and telepaths can't find her. We couldn't track her. Today is day thirteen." Her voice quavered for a moment. So much for being calm, collected, and bad-ass. Oh well. She would leave that up to Wolverine. "I don't know, maybe you can do something we can't? You found the lab. I can pay you. Probably not as much as it's worth really-sorry, I'm the scholarship kid among the millionaires." Or it felt like that some days anyway. She didn't offer a lifetime of servitude just yet, HardWire would ask for what she wanted in the end without prompting, she was sure.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Hardwire
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:32 PM

Elliot immediately put down her forkful of lo mein at the mention of a missing kid, her spine straightening as she tensed. Why did it always have to be kids? Why couldn’t Wolverine go missing? “I need a name,” she said immediately. Her processes started rolling at rapid speed, her mind taking on multiple tasks at once. “Is it teh contact in your cell phone t’hat hasn’t been answering yeh? Sorry. I snoop.” And taking the information was faster than simply asking for it. The name in the phone was Kerr MacKay but the phone was an unregistered burner, the e-mail a catch all for every piece of spam, social media, and Amazon order Kerr had ever made. It was also only a year old and there was nothing personal in the inbox at all.

“I’m guessing ye had Kitty try and ping teh phone and got not’hing back. Teh signal went dead in Colorado and is ot’herwise a dead end. Who is t‘his kid?” Elliot had no idea how people survived off the grid when her whole life definitively on it. Kerr MacKay’s facebook page had zero pictures of her, no mention of Salem Center or the precious school, and hadn’t been accessed in weeks. It was hardly more than a catalogue of woodworking projects and pictures of vintage cars and one picture of a skinny boy holding a puppy on his lap. “She’s barely got an electronic trail. What is Harry’s? I’m gonna need as much detail as yeh can give me.”

Elliot wasn’t used to not being able to just pull someone up with a thought. But she was also more than happy to dig in. “Kerr MacKay...” A list of Kerrs came up behind Elliot’s dead eyes, just long enough to be annoying. “Ye’ll need to help me narrow this down. Where is she from?” Elliot took a deep breath. She was more than willing to help Mistral, but the woman had to accept that there was a chance this kid wasn’t coming back. At least not alive.

“I don’t have to warn you about how much time has passed, do I?” Elliot asked quietly. “T’hirteen days... She’s likely dead.” It wasn’t sugar coated but the world had a tendency to be quite ugly and mutants had worse luck than most. “I don’t charge money for t’his sort of t’hing, love. Just favors. If I need yeh, I’m gonna call it in.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.