Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
Training the Untrainable?

Add Reply
New Poll

Tactical upgrade, Feb 25 @ 1:30 pm || OPEN
Kingtide
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 03:23 AM

Six was busy contemplating the success of her very first mission as a freedom fighter while she set up her new water fountain. The addition made of a soft tinkling noise once it was turned on, filling the area with its white noise. Pink lips tugged up more in the corners as her smile grew, fingers playing through the wall of water. Sighing lightly Six turned her attention elsewhere, eyes dropping to the pile of gear on her bed. She hadn’t yet tried it all on, but now felt like a good time.

Padding quietly to her bed the bundle was studied, before she reached forwards to separate each piece out. Nose twitched in contemplation, letting go of her held breath and tugging off what she was currently wearing.

Her previous gear, if it could really be called that, was nothing more than an unstable molecule wetsuit made for training in the danger room. Students weren’t allowed into combat and therefore didn’t need combat gear. Unless, perhaps, they were on a field trip. Six snorted lightly at the memory of her trip to the Canadian wilderness, it had been fun… until the wendigos showed up. Although, she hadn’t found that part completely terrible.

The first thing the tiny redhead picked up was her navy blue top, sliding the garment on before rolling the zipper all the way up to her throat. It was a snug fit, but she supposed it was meant to be. Jeans were replaced by bottoms as she moved slowly to stand in front of her full length mirror. Hands moved to rest on the gap between her pants and top, blinking at her reflection a moment. The fabric definitely felt better and thicker, too. Six felt less worried about her suit being damaged in a fight.

Hands moved upwards to twist her long red curls into a braid as she moved back to her bed, staring down at the leftover bits. Once her hair was contained she reached forwards to pick up a boot. Foot was lifted, teetering slightly, and shoved into her first boot. They were super comfortable, a fact she was expecting to be thrilled about later. Second boot was shoved on, taking the time to fasted them up correctly before snatching up her jacket and sliding that on. Next to follow was her helmet and then gloves, turning the striking redhead into a dangerous looking anonymous person. Red hair that would usually call attention to her was now safely tucked under her helmet and jacket. Her face was completely hidden behind her new helmet and with the new gloves she was sporting, there was no chance of leaving fingerprints.

Six stood with a hidden grin in front of her mirror, hands reaching up to pull her hood up and enjoying what she saw.

No one would know it was her. Six could go about being a freedom fighter without that horrible side effect of people leaving because of it. A twinge of pain rippled through her at the thought of why she was no longer in a relationship, crossing her arms and pouting at her reflection. She was more than aware that pouting wouldn’t get her anywhere, but the situation made her flip from upset to angry and she didn’t know what to do with the emotions.

The abrupt onslaught of sadness left her shaking and moving forward to clutch the mirror stand for support, sucking in a few slow deep breaths in order to calm the twist in her chest. Six used to think there was nothing in this world that would make Kurt want to leave her, but unfortunately her new path had hurled her right into the one thing that made it so.

Yanking herself away from the mirror the teen pushed herself at a hurried pace into the hall in a whirl of tactical gear and flailing arms. With a sob suppressed by her new helmet she hurled herself through the halls of the station.

[OOC: it's all navy. navy outfit. navy navy navy]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Senyaka
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 09:26 AM

Child soldiers. Suvik had been one. Suvik had served in mercenary units that were had them, and Suvik never really liked the idea of such things. Not really out of an idealistic sense of morality. This was Suvik, he did not hold his thoughts on child soldiers because "We fight so they should not have to." He held these thoughts because the thought of getting in a fight with a child made his stomach churn. It was no secret by now that what he did brought a great amount of enjoyment to Suvik. He was one of a few of the Brotherhood who could be sent on those missions were leaving anyone alive was not a requirement. Those missions where the transgressor against their kind needed to be summarily executed in a most egregious manner. If the Brotherhood had a wet works team Suvik would either be it or be on it. The very thought of applying his trade to a child or teenager simply made him sick to his stomach.

Though a part of him did understand the desire of a teenage mutant to fight against those that were hunting them down. Those like their newest member Kingtide had both the right and the capacity to destroy those who would see them destroyed. While Suvik had fought as he a child he had done so out of necessity. He had done so to survive, to have food and shelter, because he was ordered to, and because his lower caste had no other opportunities in life for anything real than mercenary work. He had not fought out of some noble and righteous cause. It was simply out of survival. Not that he could think of anything at that age that he would have felt righteous about.

Walking through the hallway towards his own room, Suvik was nearly bowled over by their newest member as she came barreling out of her room. Narrowly stepping to the side as she passed by, and then taking in a deep breathe and exhaling. "Where is the fire?" He simply asked as he turned around and regarded the young girls gear. Those items that would be her armor in battle. Mostly he gazed at the helmet. "Have you thought about speaking to Mortimer. I am sure he can replace the lenses in the helmet with something that will better protect your eyes and ears from things like flash bangs. Perhaps allow you to see in the dark as well." Suvik said, turning and placing his back against the wall and leaning up against it. "Maybe a small camera for Elliot to connect to, or perhaps a set of hallow batons filled a quarter of the way with water." Suvik had seen an article in someones apartment while flipping through a copy of Sports Illustrated about the water filled baseball bats that transferred the weight of the water to the barrel for added mass when they were swung. It seemed to him that someone like Kingtide could get a lot of use out of a weapon like that.
PMEmail
^
Kingtide
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 01:39 PM

It occured to the flailing teenager as she almost took one of the Brotherhood’s most terrifying members out at the knee that she had no idea where she was actually running to. The pit? Outside? Six had just become so overwhelmed that she had to run. The wave of heartache was washed aside the moment she realized who she had almost run into, fear snaking up her spine at his question as she skittered to a halt and almost threw herself backwards against the wall to get out of his way as fast as possible.

”No fire!” Six hadn’t meant to shout at him, the action caused her to suck in a quick breath and stare at the taller man. ”M-mort-mortimer made my g-gear.” Six couldn’t remember the last time someone had actually caused her to stutter, the realization that she was falling apart made her suck in a deep and calming breath as she sought to regain her composure. If she could talk to Creed, she could talk to Senyaka.

Gloved hands moved up to push the hood completely off her head, before fingers worked to unbuckle her helmet and pull it off. Her face was pink, eyes red from the tears that had managed to fall behind the safety of her helmet. With a small squeak of realization she rubbed her gloves across her face, consciously ridding her face of the moisture. ”I… I don’t know what everything does yet… I just..” Another breath was pulled in, finally forcing her blue eyes to rise to his face. ”I just got it.”

To a casual eye Suvik was pleasant enough to look at. Between the dark hair, dark eyes combo and the nice tan to his skin he was fairly attractive for an adult. Possibly even in a my Lit Professor is dreamy kind of way, but when a girl took a moment to actually look. To look at him the way she had been taught to look, applying what her old mentor had taught her.

There was a good reason to be afraid of this man.

The casual way he moved to lean against the wall, offering up polite suggestions about her gear and really working at being, what she assumed he thought was, friendly. Six slid herself one step to the side as the small hairs rose at the back of her neck. This was someone she did not want to be on the wrong side of in a dark alley. ”I’m Mackenzie.” She offered meekly, clutching her helmet to her chest as she stared up at the man.

It would take her until much later to realize this was the first time she had introduced herself with her real name.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Senyaka
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 01:19 PM

"Mackenzie, I am Suvik. There is no actual fire, I was simply asking what the hurry was." He simply said as he maintained his position leaning up against the wall. Raising one leg to prop his foot against the wall and take a more relaxed and hopefully less threatening posture. Though he was not sure what about his posture or himself at all that seemed to be threatening to nearly most everyone. His attempt to obtain answers to that question and others from Exodus had been met with what Suvik perceived as a monumental level of ignorance and lack of control on Exodus's part. None of which was Suvik's fault. At least from where he stood.

Suvik observed Mackenzie for the briefest of moments. She seemed to be concerned about the presence of fire and seemed to be wrought with some sort of emotion. Suvik could convince her that their was no actual fire, but the emotional stuff was so far out of his wheel house that he had zero idea what to do with that. Which only added another check in the "why we shouldn't recruit the young kids" column as far as Suvik was concern. He had a hard enough time relating to the adults at The Station. The young ones were almost impossible for him to relate to. "I do not know what you have been told, but no one who is a Brotherhood, or a young teenager, ever has anything to be afraid of where I am concerned." He decided to nip that common misconception in the butt as quickly as possibe. Whether she believed him or not was a whole other story.

"Even monsters have manners." He understood that he was without normal thoughts. That he was likely considered a monster by the others. He had at least gotten that much from Exodus, and normal people did not resurrect from the dead. Was he a zombie, a vampire, or just so dark within that not even Death itself dared to stand before him? Suvik had not learned the answers to those questions, and really had not been inclined to ask either. The others would either get brave enough to discuss his proclivities with him or they would not. "I am sure Mort has plans to show you what your gear does. He doesn't seem like the sort that would just leave you to it without some instruction."

Kingtide
PMEmail
^
Kingtide
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 10:31 PM

”Nice to meet you.” Six wasn’t sure if it was nice to meet him or not, time would only tell. Holding her helmet against her chest she took a moment to glance around the hall, before letting her attention fall back onto Senyaka. ”I have heard you’re… formidable… and not someone to be crossed.” There wasn’t too much specific passed that, just the rumblings from a few of the more sane members. There were stories about more than just the man before her, but Six was trying not to dwell on them.

A deep breath was pulled in as she took a few steps forwards, making an effort to take her new acquaintance by his word. If she had nothing to fear from him, then she would work on trying to give him a chance. ”Are you really a monster?” Six let her curiosity get the better of her, using the conversation to take her mind off of her favourite indigo mutant; she needed to get to know her new team, right?

Eyes dropped to her helmet as she moved it away from her body, staring into the tinted eyes before she offered Suvik a smile. ”I hope so, I’m looking forward to training in it.” She admitted, enthusiastic towards the upgrades. Six pursed her lips together for a moment, scuffing her foot against the floor. ”I’m sorry I almost ran into you.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Senyaka
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 07:50 PM

"I am indeed a monster." He said, casually answering her question about him being a monster. As he was, indeed, a monster. Suvik knew this to be the case. After all, death itself did not want anything to do with him. Each time he passed, Death would spit him back out onto the mortal realm. What but a monster would ever be evicted by Death. Suvik though, did not mind at all. He had as much use for Death that Death had of him and no inclination to serve as Death's own reaper. "But only to those who are not Brotherhood." This was the distinction.

"The bit is always open. If I'm ever in there, feel free to join me." Suvik said, taking a moment to calmly observe their newest manner. His gaze was passive and calm, as if trying to decide if she should participate in one of his more difficult training programs. He was not one for safeties. and believed that one should train for the worst scenario so that he could be prepared for whatever came his way. "But I must warn you. My training programs are some of the most difficult. I do not believe in taking it easy."

Suvik could feel it in his bones. Something deadly was coming for mutants. All mutants. Monsters could feel when other monsters were coming. Or at least that was how Suvik rationalized the feeling that he had. Either way, Suvik was bound and determined to be ready for what ever it was that was coming for them. The fight was what he lived for, what made him feel alive. "So back to the original question, where are you running off to in such a hurry?"

Kingtide

PMEmail
^
Kingtide
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 01:04 PM

A monster, but not a threat to her. Alright, that was something she could work with. Some of her family, the Morlocks, were interesting characters and she was going to lump Suvik in with that group. ”Guess it’s a good thing for me I’ve joined the team.” Her tone was light, holding an edge of teasing as she put her energy into the conversation instead of dwelling on unhappy thoughts.

A grin lit up her face as Senyaka offered to train with her, something she hadn’t fully expected. Six shifted to tuck her helmet under one arm as she waived her now free hand in an airy flutter. ”Oh, I’m not interested in training being easy. A difficult training session is really the only way to learn and get better, I figure.” If the safety net was always there, Six knew she would never advance and push herself.

”Er…” Suvik’s question caused her brain to stall, eyes dropping to the floor for a moment as she decided on her answer. With a sigh blue eyes lifted back to the man’s face. ”I wasn’t really aiming for anything specific, just had to get away… from my feelings.” She dropped her focus back to the helmet in her arms. ”My boyfriend decided he didn’t want to be with someone that would join the Brotherhood.” Her voice cracked as she spoke, toe of her one boot being bounced against the floor as she worked to keep her emotions in check.

Six heaved a sigh. ”And I’ve left all of my friends behind.” Her stomach twisted with guilt, before she shifted to prop herself up against the wall. Six glanced sideways at Suvik, realizing just who it was she was being an emotional teenager in front of. ”But anyway… uhm… what were you doing before I almost ran you down?” Yes, that’s right, change the subject.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.