Member of the Month:
Rider

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Add Reply
New Poll

In-Character Questionnaire - Volume 2, This time with more cookies!
Zel
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 05:11 AM

Jamie's previous posted character questionnaire got me wanting to craft one with new questions! The responses to the previous were pretty enjoyable and fun, so I thought I'd ask a few different questions of our characters.

---

The interviewer, a dark haired middle aged man with a goatee and a hairline that appeared to be rapidly fleeing from his forehead, took a seat at a chair on the other side of the table –a slight creak of protest issuing from the seat due to the applied wight. Clearing his throat and producing a pen and a small leather bound notebook from a briefcase on the table he leaned back, the chair crying out in agony once more, before he said, “I appreciate your cooperation. I found your answers to the previous set of questions to be quite... interesting. Some of you were rather polite and thoughtful but a few were cynical or snarky.” There was a momentary pause, where the man briefly glanced at the page to which his notebook was opened. “One of the questionnaires was made into a swan and then set on fire. That was unusual. But this time I'll be asking the questions verbally for everyone. Don't worry; these are new.”

“Don't worry. The answers you provide are completely confidential. No one will even know that you've been interviewed and everything will remain nice and anonymous. Now then,” the man said, clicking his pen and flipping to a page that was likely loaded with questions, “let's get started.”

“Oh, and feel free to help yourself to some of the cookies on the table.”

- - -

Where were you born? What do you think of your hometown?

How do you feel about your parents? What do you like or dislike about them?

How did your parents choose your name?

Are you happy with where you currently live?

Would you consider yourself book-smart, street-smart, an intellectual, intelligent, or slow-witted?

If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be?

How do you cope with mistakes or failure?

Are you at all superstitious? If so, what are your major superstitions?

Are you extroverted or introverted?

How do you feel about exhibiting your emotions?

Do you like to be the center of attention, part of the background, or somewhere in between?

How is your self-confidence or sense of self-worth?

What is your biggest pet peeve?

What do you want out of life?

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?

What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you?

Who do you look up to the most? Why?

Who would you consider to be your best friend?

Who would you ask to help you out of a tight spot?

Do you see the world in black and white, or do you believe in shades of gray?

CODE
[b]Where were you born? What do you think of your hometown?[/b]

[b]How do you feel about your parents? What do you like or dislike about them?[/b]

[b]How did your parents choose your name?[/b]

[b]Are you happy with where you currently live?[/b]

[b]Would you consider yourself book-smart, street-smart, an intellectual, intelligent, or slow-witted?[/b]

[b]If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be?[/b]

[b]How do you cope with mistakes or failure?[/b]

[b]Are you at all superstitious? If so, what are your major superstitions?[/b]

[b]Are you extroverted or introverted?[/b]

[b]How do you feel about exhibiting your emotions?[/b]

[b]Do you like to be the center of attention, part of the background, or somewhere in between?[/b]

[b]How is your self-confidence or sense of self-worth?[/b]

[b]What is your biggest pet peeve?[/b]

[b]What do you want out of life?[/b]

[b]What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?[/b]

[b]What is the [i]worst[/i] thing that's ever happened to you?[/b]

[b]Who do you look up to the most? Why?[/b]

[b]Who would you consider to be your best friend?[/b]

[b]Who would you ask to help you out of a tight spot?[/b]

[b]Do you see the world in black and white, or do you believe in shades of gray?[/b]
PM
^
Alex Goya
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:58 PM

Alex takes one of the cookies, leaning back in his seat and nibbling on it as the man asks his mundane questions. The questionnaire wasn't so bad and it was actually kind of fun. So maybe this would be more of the same.

---

Where were you born? What do you think of your hometown? "I dunno where I was born but I guess Hepburn, Pennsylvania is my home town. It's where I lived the longest anyway."

How do you feel about your parents? What do you like or dislike about them? "I don't know how to feel about them. How are you supposed to feel about people you don't know? I guess I kind of hate them, they abandoned me."

How did your parents choose your name? "No idea, I guess it was just an easy name, something common."

Are you happy with where you currently live? "Yeah! Remy's place is great and Mutant Town is nice too."

Would you consider yourself book-smart, street-smart, an intellectual, intelligent, or slow-witted? "Street-smart, I guess." Alex shrugs and grabs another cookie.

If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be? "I would want to be taller, right now I'm real easy to pick up and that's kind of scary."

How do you cope with mistakes or failure? "Complain, then get up and try again from a different angle."

Are you at all superstitious? If so, what are your major superstitions? "Not really..."

Are you extroverted or introverted? "Bit of both, I'm selectively extroverted I guess."

How do you feel about exhibiting your emotions? "It sucks, makes me feel weak and like no one is going to take me seriously."

Do you like to be the center of attention, part of the background, or somewhere in between? "Background is safer."

How is your self-confidence or sense of self-worth? "...Next question..."

What is your biggest pet peeve? "People who assume that just because I'm young they feel the need to lecture me about everything." Alex snags two more cookies off the plate.

What do you want out of life? "...To be adopted? That's dumb right? I just, want to be wanted..." Alex further into his seat and continues to eat the cookies.

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you? "Running into Remy, for a thief, he's a really good guy."

What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you? "It's a toss up between the night at the museum where the dinosaur skeletons came to life and tried to kill everybody or the lady who broke my arm when I tried to steal her bag."

Who do you look up to the most? Why? "Remy or the Brotherhood, their people of action who don't take shit from the world."

Who would you consider to be your best friend? "I don't think I have one right now. Except maybe Buckbeak, but then I made him, he has to be my friend."

Who would you ask to help you out of a tight spot? "Remy or maybe this X-man I ran into a while ago, Merry, she seemed cool. Oh! And Speed, he's this super fast mutant who helped me before, and I bet he'd do it again."

Do you see the world in black and white, or do you believe in shades of gray? "I don't know."

Alex finishes off the plate and stands up, "Thanks for the cookies, what do you need all these answers for anyway?"
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 10:48 PM

Baki settles into the chair with sigh and shakes his head at the offered cookies, "No thanks."

---

Where were you born? What do you think of your hometown? "Maui, Hawaii and I love it, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."

How do you feel about your parents? What do you like or dislike about them? "I love them too, they're good people. Good to me, good to my siblings. I guess you could say they're almost perfect."

How did your parents choose your name? "Baki was my grandfathers name on my mom's side of the family. From what I've heard, he was a kind and generous man who survived a lot."

Are you happy with where you currently live? "Xavier's is...interesting to say the least." Baki nudges the plate of cookies as he thinks, "Way more intense than I imagined."

Would you consider yourself book-smart, street-smart, an intellectual, intelligent, or slow-witted? "Intelligent at least. I wouldn't really count myself as book-smart, but I'm not really street-smart either. Maybe just smart, I know I'm not an idiot."

If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be? "Scales, I'm not very self-conscious about it, but I would like to know what it's like not to be stared at."

How do you cope with mistakes or failure? "I usually have to take a step back and think about what I did and how I can correct it, if I can correct it. If I can't...let it go."

Are you at all superstitious? If so, what are your major superstitions? "I guess I am. Not super superstitious like my grandmother on my dad's side, where she still believes that particular rocks and ponds have...I guess you could say a karma affect if they're messed with and things like that. But I do believe you don't fuck with nature unless you want to get fucked back. And I do believe in the old stories about old Mo'o, where I'm supposedly decedent. And yeah, all the stuff that goes with it, I guess..." Baki self-consciously flicks a cookie, "Listen, do I really need to spell out my beliefs for you."

Are you extroverted or introverted? "Extroverted, I like people and once they get past the scales, people usually like me."

How do you feel about exhibiting your emotions? "I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just when people mock you for it that it becomes an issue."

Do you like to be the center of attention, part of the background, or somewhere in between? "Somewhere in between? I mean, I don't mind attention, but I certainly don't want it all the time."

How is your self-confidence or sense of self-worth? "Eh...meh." Baki waggles his hand in a so-so motion. "I know my self-worth isn't dependent on what other people think, that the way I look doesn't make me any less of a worth-while person. But...It still hurts you know, to have people treat me like an outsider just because I look different."

What is your biggest pet peeve? "People stepping on my tail and not being sorry about it."

What do you want out of life? "I don't know yet, simple answer would be just end up being happy and comfortable with no worries. But it's not that black and white."

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you? "I think I already answered something like this in the last questionnaire, it was like 'What would you say has been the best moment of your life so far?' or something like that. Which I gotta say...still that kiss with my ex, I hate him but that was a good time and I had never felt so free."

What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you? "The break up with my boyfriend...It still hurts to think about and I don't think I'm over him yet..."

Who do you look up to the most? Why? "My parents, it's cheesy to say but they're the best. They're patient and kind and I couldn't ask for better, more understanding parents."

Who would you consider to be your best friend? "Heh, none yet, but maybe I'll find one at Xavier's. Fingers cross."

Who would you ask to help you out of a tight spot? "My parents definitely, second best bet would be my mentor Drake."

Do you see the world in black and white, or do you believe in shades of gray? "Gray, definitely gray. You can do the right thing for the wrong reasons and the wrong thing for the right reasons, and it's all dependent on the scenario. Though there are times when things go absolutely too far."

Baki stands and stretches, "Well, that was interesting, hope that helped you for...whatever it is you're doing."
PM
^
Slate
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 10:41 AM

Shane's narrowed eyes shifted from side to side as he entered the room with hesitation. “Didn't we already do this, like, a month ago?” He was fairly certain that the same man had called people one by one into the same room just shy of thirty days prior.

“Whatever. Hit me. By which I mean don't actually hit me unless you want me to hit back.”

---

Where were you born? What do you think of your hometown?
“Fort Worth, Texas. I don't really think about it too often nowadays. Don't have anything against it, but the surrounding highways kinda suck. They're always under construction, which is dumb.”

How do you feel about your parents? What do you like or dislike about them?
“They're good people. I mean, I have no particular complaints about them. When they learned that I was a mutant they were kinda confused but more worried about my well-being than anything. That's what ultimately led to me going to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters –so I could learn more about my power and how to manage it.”

“I guess if I had to pick something that I dislike, it's that they don't really keep in touch with me all that well. Guess that kinda works both ways though.”

How did your parents choose your name?
“My grandfather on my dad's side was named “Shawn,” and my parents almost named me that but decided to change it up a little bit. My other grandfather was named “Michael,” so that became my middle name.”

Are you happy with where you currently live?
“Absolutely. Aside from the fact that the place tends to blow up as though there's some kinda devastation quota, I pretty much love it. There's rarely a dull moment here.”

Would you consider yourself book-smart, street-smart, an intellectual, intelligent, or slow-witted?
“Eh, I'd have to go with intelligent. Hard to call myself fully book-smart or street-smart so I'd say there's a bit of both. Some people would point out that I sometimes make some dumb, impulsive decisions, and I can't really lie about that –sometimes I do. They're not decisions made without some kind of forethought however, even if some of them deserve a bit more of that.”

If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be?
“Not much, really. I'm pretty happy with the way I look. If you're twistin' my arm though, maybe I'd be a couple inches taller, but I don't really care.”

How do you cope with mistakes or failure?
“Mistakes and failure? I guess I kinda dwell on them for a bit and try to figure out what I could have done differently so I don't make the same mistakes again. I've made a few recent mistakes and was called out for them, so I'm trying to be more mindful of what I do and how I approach some things.”

Are you at all superstitious? If so, what are your major superstitions?
“Not really. I've learned that no matter what you think you know, something's gonna probably prove you wrong. I was kinda introduced to magic recently, and until then I was always somewhat skeptical of whether or not it was really a thing. So while I'm not particularly superstitious, it's hard to say that all superstitions are bullshit.”

Are you extroverted or introverted?
“Depends on who I'm around, I guess. I like to get to know people sometimes, but I don't always seek them out. Guess I should take one of those Myers & Briggs tests to find out what my personality type really is.”

How do you feel about exhibiting your emotions?
“I'm... gettin' a little better at doin' this. I don't actually think I've cried in ages, but I'm making some attempts to be more open with my feelings and thoughts.”

Do you like to be the center of attention, part of the background, or somewhere in between?
“When I was younger I stuck more to the background. I was new here, and even after a couple of years I still kinda felt like I wasn't quite ready to call too much attention to myself. Not until I was older I guess. Now it's kinda in between. I don't really care if all eyes are on me –not that they would be, with some of the totally huge personalities we have here.”

How is your self-confidence or sense of self-worth?
“Wow. Now that's a question. A tough question. I'll... pass.”

What is your biggest pet peeve?
“People askin' me tough questions about things I don't like to discuss.”

“But I guess apart from that it's just bigots. Bigots just suck.”

What do you want out of life?
“I just want to be happy and for my friends and family to be happy and safe. Actually, even if it cost me a bit of personal happiness I'd rather my friends and family have it.”

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?
“Honestly? Probably finding out that I'm a mutant. If I didn't I wouldn't be where I am today. Second place is probably becomin' an X-Man. I love to protect and help people.”

What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you?
“Losin' friends. Even if not all of them stayed gone, it still sucks.”

Who do you look up to the most? Why?
“Okay. I probably wouldn't have answered this question last time, but I'll bite. Probably Bobby Drake, for several reasons. He was so young when he started with the X-Men, and it was awesome –pretty inspiring. Even when he's pessimistic he's still pretty optimistic, and he's just an all around good person.”

“I have a lot of second place ties, but you don't want to hear me list of so many people.”

Who would you consider to be your best friend?
“That's a tough one too. I've always kinda held people at about arm's length, so it was hard to even have a best friend. I guess people like Bobby, Merry, and Sam are pretty high up there, but I never really want to get in the way of their best friends.”

“Clint Barton is pretty quickly climbing that ladder though. Might be easier because I just met him and am kinda startin' fresh. Easier to just open up to him because I haven't known him for years.”

Who would you ask to help you out of a tight spot?
“Any of the X-Men and some of the people I've met on the street level. Clint, Danny, and probably even Spider-Nerd.”

“That's right, you heard me.”

Do you see the world in black and white, or do you believe in shades of gray?
“Definitely gray. I'd be lying if I said all of the X-Men were perfect angels, and I'd also be lying if I said that all of the Brotherhood were absolute monsters. Everyone has a bit of gray, and that amount is influenced and altered by too many factors to really list.”

“Just because someone has different ideals doesn't make them a monster; it's what they do with those ideals that's important. I don't agree with the Brotherhood as a whole, but some of the people who are a part of it aren't terrible people –some super are though.”

“I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all have to evolve and adapt based on how the world changes, so it's hard to stay either black or white.”

---

“Wait... was that it? I thought you'd be askin' more. I mean, don't even know my zodiac sign –Leo, by the way– or my favorite kind of cookies.” Looking at the plate on the table, he smirked. “Spoiler alert: not these.”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.