Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
Training the Untrainable?

Add Reply
New Poll

Bloody Knuckles Soothe the Soul, Fri, February 17, 11PM // open
Bella Boudreaux
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 08:36 PM

Bella had spent another week in Jersey, hiding from just about everyone. She’d left the thirteenth so that she could avoid Valentine’s Day in peace and had not come back until about an hour ago, eyes still puffy and red and blood dripping down from her torn up hands. For someone who didn’t have a particular strength advantage over the average human being, Bella had done some damage to the wooden practice dummy. It was lying in pieces in the basement of her Morristown house, splintered and useless, done in by her neurotic focus. Once the sparring dummy was dead, the Assassin Queen had moved on to the heavy bag hanging from the cross beams. She had broken before it had, if the swollen, purple fingers of her right hand were any indication.

Those same hands proved problematic as handling the keys to her apartment was impossible in her current state. Dislocated, broken, whatever they were Bella had done a number on herself and so instead of crawling back into her cozy, empty, all alone space, Bella just plopped down onto the top step of the stoop and rested her head against the banister. It was nice and cold out and the assassin let her eyes shut as she rested there.

She’d won last month, hadn’t she? Bella was pretty sure that she had faced quelled a coup and slaughtered her would be usurper. She’d done so without losing anyone she had brought to the party. John, Kaine, Betsy, Auri, even Remy had all walked away from Louisiana with all their limbs and significant parts in tact. So then why did everything from that moment since, with little exception, truly and wholy suck. Bella was the victor.

So why did she feel like she was losing everything?

Bella had already lost track of Remy again, but that was an old hurt that was long accepted. Her wayward husband would always be an open wound that was sprinkled with salt if/when he deigned to show up in her life. Then there was the girl at Midnight Special who had changed Bella’s life forever in one fell swoop. Just like that Auri and John both were suddenly gone. At least, gone as she had known them. Instead of a man she thought she might be able to call a friend, Bella suddenly had a ward, a young assassin with a chance to do it all over again.

This time Bella was going to encourage the deadly little thing to do it right. He wanted to train and oh, Bella would make sure Auri was one of the best, but he was going to have more than that. He was going to have a life. She and Betsy alike had agreed on that much. Auri might be one of their people, but he was going to be a kid, too. He was going to go to school, he was going to be around other people his age, other mutants... Suddenly she had a kid to take care of and worry over and spoil. Suddenly she had another chink in the armor... What if someone used the kid against her? It wasn’t unheard of. Children were leverage in their line of work and Auri would barely know better.

It weighed on her. Being responsible for another person weighed on her.

And then there was the boy who didn’t remember her at all. John Radigan had been spun back in his own timeline to a time before he came to New York, before he was a cop, hell before he was even old enough to vote. Very suddenly the man she’d been sleeping with not only didn’t know her but was underage and Bella was feeling decidedly uncomfortable about the whole thing. Her course of action was to simply steer clear but while John didn’t have memories of their time together...

She did.

Bella remembered everything and, just like Remy, one stupid decision banished John from her life. One minute he was there and everything was fine and the next... She was just alone again. Betsy was there, sure, but there was only so much weakness Bella was willing to show the other woman. And Kaine had stayed stalwartly by her side when she let him but she was supposed to be his employer. A queen. She was supposed to be stronger than this and being a pathetic mess in front of him sat about as well with Bella as the thought of sending him away. She wasn’t going to do either of those things.

So she’d taken a week off to break some things and get it out of her system, to avoid Valentine’s Day when the guy she thought she’d share it with was suddenly too young to even legally purchase a rifle, and to try and screw her head back on straight out of sight of the last man standing that she actually trusted.

Instead she sat on her front porch and sobbed into her broken, bloody hands.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Beast
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 04:53 PM

Despite his precautions, John Radigan did not have all of the information he had saved on his phone.

While treating the deaged individuals, Beast had backtracked where the phone had been at for long periods, and had found s location where it had been at for a considerable period of time. Hank had not informed the now adolescent detective, as there was no indication what this place was.

So he had elected to look into it himself.

He had slipped on his uniform before heading out, driving into New York and parking at his place in the city. It didn't take long with his superhuman reflexes, and speed, mainly as he could easily evade other traffic with reflexes that exceeded even a professional NASCAR driver. While he might not have often stayed in his apartment lately, he still insisted on keeping it.

Slipping on his goggles, he propelled himself up, pants only reaching three quarters down the calve and his top only reaching halfway down his forearm. His blue fur and skin stood out against the dark black, with an X comm at the belt and pouches criss crossing him in an X over the chest, and a belt with various gear as well. The goggles were simply prescription to correct his vision.

Running on all fours across the top of the parking garage, he bounded to the next roof, simian arm throwing him forward and pivoting hims around to aim at the next building. Strong fingers and toes dug in the small cracks and creases in between the bricks and concrete, letting McCoy get a firm grasp before hurling himself into the void and somersaulting across the next roof.

Across he went, cutting time and distance as he tumbled and made his way across New York at a speed better than a cab could normally get, rolling across town at a speed of roughly 40 miles per hour. It wasn't his fastest, but that was due to having to navigate the roofs and streets, traveling over and around at times instead of having a clear straight shot.

Yet as he got closer, he also slowed down. Looking around the roof, he wasn't sure if he was going to get any information from this location.

So he decided to drop down and see if he could find any clues.

Letting his claws and feet lightly slow him down as he slid down the front of the building, he lightly kicked off to flip end over end three times as he approached the bottom. Landing with a softness that belied his mass and size, Beast frowned at the door which gave no clue as to the occupants.

Though the appearance of Ms. Bella Boudreaux did raise a few questions.

As did the obviously broken hands.

Pulling out the phone and a small tablet, he compared the location to what he had pulled up and got a match. Looking at Bella, Beast frowned as he saw that the woman was not in a good condition and said "My sincerest condolences for my interruption." Slipping the items in some pouches on his gear belts, Beast then glanced at the hands and said "I am unsure if you recall, but I am the physician at the school Auri is at currently. If you want, I am more than willing to set and bandage those hands for you."
PM
^
Bella Boudreaux
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 03:35 PM

Bella’s survival depended entirely upon her being aware of her surroundings. And if another person, a regular person, had been about to drop down behind her like some sort fluffy, blue monster Bella would have picked up on it and dropped three knives in the body before it had hit the ground. As it was Beast had a bit of an edge, his speed and ability to move his bulk quietly allowing him to land without Bella so much as pausing her very unqueenly pity party.

"My sincerest condolences for my interruption."

Up in an instant, Bella stowed her shit relatively quickly- Potential threats taking priority over feelings she wasn’t supposed to have in the first place. She cut off mid sob to weakly brandish the knife in her belt, angry at having been caught in a vulnerable state. Her grip on the hilt was awkward and painful, but secure as she leveled the small blade at Beast, blinked and then lowered it. “I’m gonna need a bigger knife,” she muttered. “You’re a long way from home, doctor.”

Now that she realized she wasn’t under attack, Bella took a moment to scrub any proof of tears off her face. Her shoulders squared up and her expression turned in a moment. Just her eyes themselves, red and puffy, gave away the fact that she’d been nearly hysterical a moment ago. Other than the fact he’d caught her...

“I know who you are. But why are you here. Is this about my spider? Is Kaine ok?” Her enforcer was the only one left and if his suit was going to fail, or he was going to start melting all of a sudden, Bella wasn’t entirely sure if she could handle it. Maybe she should have let Corday take the metaphorical throne. Her blue gaze dropped to her hands and Bella grimaced. “Why don’t you come in, doctor. You can look at my hands and perhaps tell me how you found my home when no one is supposed to know where I live.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Beast
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 01:32 AM

Most who didn't know better might not fear Bella Boudreaux. But Hank McCoy knew that she was the head of the United Assassins and Thieves Guild. In a lot of ways, he tended to find both organizations repugnant at an ethical level, thought less so then the option of not having them. He had encountered members of both Guilds in his adventures, and they tended to be exceptionally dangerous human beings, with some also being mutants.

But despite knowing exactly what Bella was and having a good idea of the extremes she had been forced to engage in to get to her position, McCoy didn't have fear in talking to her.

Mainly because at this close of range, her firearms were limited to handguns. Which tended to bounce off of him and sting due to the level of superhumanly dense muscle and tissue on him.

And well.... he hoped the young lady was not desperate enough to start a knife fight with crippled hands. Beast would freely admit that she likely was a better trained hand to hand fighter, but he wasn't shabby. And there were few martial artists who could anticipate a bouncing blue ball of muscle, bone, and claws.

Though if this was a perilous situation, Beast much preferred escape and evasion as fisticuffs gave no answers to the enigmas he sought answers for. Plus at the end of the day, he knew he was formidable, but preferred non lethal means of conflict resolution.

For despite some of his more bestial impulses, he remained a man as opposed to a creature.

Glancing at the knife and recognizing the move as an instinctual one, much like Logan baring his claws when the typical reality TV show which bore as much resemblance to reality as the Wolverine or himself did to manscaping, McCoy politely waited for it to be sheathed. Though he did smile at the mention of her needed a larger blade. "Personally prefer a scalpel should a knife be needed in my lines of work," Beast admitted. "I have never really cared to carry one outside of camping." Granted, some of that could have been that his current animistic form came with built in claws which would work in a pinch, but he suspected the emphasis on 'physician' and 'scientist' as opposed to 'occasional superhero' might be better.

Reaching in one of his belt pouches and taking a few tissues out, a large blue hand handed them over as he politely said "Horrific out of season allergies this year. It almost makes me dread the coming spring." Hank knew that he had been the one to inadvertently intrude. Manufacturing a face saving way for the lethal woman to compose herself was a simple enough matter to help foster goodwill.

He was unsure the depths of the relationships Bella had with either Kaine or Auri, but both were in situations that could induce sympathy from even the hardest of hearts. Shaking his head in the negative, McCoy said "Kaine is a case where there is improvement, thought it is more incremental than exponential, despite my desire to find some sort of silver bullet." Though at the mention of it being her house, Beast looked at her in confusion, glancing back at the items he had. Flipping through numbers, he saw Trevor's and Merry's. Liv's as well. And several with Texas area codes under the headings of 'Daniel', 'Amy', 'Dad', 'Mom', and 'Rachel'. So it was obviously the formerly elder Radigan's phone.

"Well then... this is curious," McCoy mused to both him and to Bella. Looking up and considering the woman he was talking to, Beast slowly said "Treating your hands might be for the best. Because there is something odd here, and being able to cite patient-doctor privilege might be a prudent option." Frowning at the hands, McCoy considered the odds he might have to set them, and knew that was no picnic for anyone involved.

The possibility of pain being involved was not something he looked forward to, even if he was not fond of the profession of assassin. For regardless of what job someone had, he was still a doctor. And his first goal was always to heal first and foremost.

Even if it was the hands of one who used them for death instead of life. For Hank knew the course of his life, knew where he stood. And he knew people were capable of change. All he could do was offer chances to change by giving common human decency.
PM
^
Bella Boudreaux
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 11:52 PM

“To each their own, Dr. McCoy,” Bella wasn’t about to get into a slap fight with a great ape about what sort of blades each of them preferred in a professional capacity. She wasn’t foolish enough to think she could better him in any sort of hand to hand when his version of hand to hand included two extra appendages and being palmed by the face by one of those giant feet after Beast had walked through the Bronx felt like a good way to get pink eye. Add the fact McCoy was built like a brick shit house and was not known for his penchant to stir up trouble like their smaller, but equally hair friend in common... Bella was inclined to listen first and save her energy for a mighty scream should this devolve into an altercation.

She wasn’t fighting anyone with dislocated knuckles, let alone Beast.

Bella warily accepted the tissues that were offered, trying to puzzle out why McCoy was there if it wasn’t a social call about her spider. Although, she was relieved to hear there was some improvement for Kaine, however small. Anything that made his life easier was a plus in her book, and she was willing to throw money at the problem so smarter minds than hers could solve the puzzle that was her spider’s genetics.

His obsession with her stupid hands and the fact he was clearly inviting himself in made the blonde assassin grumble. She did not like outsiders in her home for obvious reasons but, since McCoy was probably the least likely person in New York City to try and randomly murder her, Bella simply handed him her key and waited for him to let them inside. “If his is not about Kaine,” she began as she led them into the spacious living room, “Then why did you show up on my doorstep. Not that I don’t love company.” She didn’t. “But I did not think you were known for house calls.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Beast
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 12:54 AM

As they made their way inside, Beast slipped out his tablet and then reached in one of the bandoleer pockets for a scanner. Smiling at Bella Boudreaux, Hank excitedly said "This is a device of my own design inspired by the science fiction show Star Trek. It is my equivalent of their medical tricorders. Though I also have to use my tablet in conjunction with it for some functions." The tablet lit up as Beast scanned her hands, producing a three dimensional scan of the bone structure for both her and him to see.

Frowning at the extensive damage, Beast sighed and said "i can set them. But painkillers of some sort might be warranted first, even if of the fermented variety."

Getting out some field dressings and some cold packs to try to take down the swelling once her fingers were set, McCoy said "I honestly had no idea this would be a house call. Or that this was even your residence." Pausing and sitting across from her, Beast paused for a moment and felt his blue brows furrow in thought as he considered the best way to approach this.

Slowly he began by saying "Obviously you know that a young mutant was drugged and her powers lashed out, with her chronokinetic abilities regressing several individuals in age." Folding his large hands as he attempted to be the picture of gentlemanly discretion despite being a giant blue monkey man, McCoy softly said "One of the individuals is related to one of my teammates. And nobody knew what he was doing in New York. So I was striving to ascertain why he was here, and answer some questions due to my own curiosity."

Reaching in a pocket and holding up a cell phone that Bella would recognize, McCoy explained "There was significant security. But as good as it was...." Shrugging as there was little need to cover it was false humility as it was an objective fact, Hank said calmly "Well. Frankly I've designed better. To say nothing of some of the individuals at the school specializing more in technology and cyberpathy. As such, I was able to locate areas that the phone had been used at. This was one of the places it was at most often."

Having a glimmering of a suspicion, Beast then slowly asked "Bearing in mind I plan on keeping this between myself and you, I have a few questions if you are capable of answering them. The first is if you know why a former Texas Ranger's phone was used around here. The second is, if he was somehow involved in Guild affairs, are there any additional security threats the school I work at needs to know about to keep him and others safe?" In reality, the second was the most pressing. For John Radigan frankly remembered nothing prior to being 17 years of age. Which also meant that he had no idea if he had enemies. if he had people waiting in the shadows to attack him.

Which was what Beast wanted to know, so he could plan accordingly.
PM
^
Bella Boudreaux
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:43 AM

Bella had enough sense to surrender her hands when Beast pulled out his fancy equipment. “I am going to need that for my own healer,” Bella said indicating the sci-fi style device that was scanning her hands. “Name the price and I’ll have it wired or delivered or deposited. Whatever you prefer.” Sam would shit himself if she gave him a toy straight out of Star Trek. The fact that there was an X-Man standing in her living room indicated nothing good and if this wasn’t about Kaine... “Did something happen to Auri? Is he alright? Betsy hasn’t called me.” Bella let out a hiss as she forced her damaged hand into her pocket to pull her phone free and double check.

Her kid was more important than a stupid finger.

The topic of the drugged girl who could turn back time was one that made Bella’s lip curl. Logically she knew what happened wasn’t Kerr’s fault but that one stupid girl not watching her drink, one perverted asshole who couldn’t keep it in his pants, one club... one mistake, and her entire life was a casualty of mutant games. Auri. John. Two people she would have never picked to be a part of her life were ripped away overnight and the hole they left behind was gaping.

“Spit your question out, McCoy. If I can cooperate, I will. But understand if it interferes with my business, I might decline to answer.” Despite the swollen, purple fingers, Bella was every inch a queen as she watched the fluffy blue ape do his job. As McCoy asked a question using forty words instead of the five that would have sufficed, Bella looked away. “You’re here about John,” she answered quietly. “He was not involved in my work, Doctor. He was involved with me.”

“Is he alright?”

John was not her ward but his well being still mattered to Bella. He had been important to her and just because he didn’t remember her didn’t mean Bella had just stopped caring.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Beast
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 12:06 AM

Clucking his tongue a little, McCoy shook his head and said "I have no problem with letting a healer have one, provided he is trained in how to use it. But I have no desire for money." Finishing his scan, Beast put aside the device and firmly said "Your occupation is at odds with mine. And I dislike accepting blood money." That and he had no doubts that the Assassins Guild could easily subvert his work for darker ends.

That being said, he had no qualms about devising one with some inactive coding that he could activate if needed to insure it was not being used for foul ends. It was something that he might need Cypher and Faust to assist with given their more specialized skills in the area of programming. Glancing at the assassin, Beast softly said "If your healer wants one, I can make one more specific for medicine. I have doubts if geological sampling is a needed program in it for said purposes."

Slowly preparing her hands to be set, Beast frowned as Bella Boudreaux asked if something had happened to Auri. "No my dear," he said softly. "If there was a problem with Auri, I would ask Ms. Braddock to get in touch with you out of respect for your privacy."

Though at the revelation of WHY Mr. Radigan was normally found at this location, McCoy's eyes widened as he less than eloquently coughed and sputtered. "Oh my stars and garters...." Beast squeaked out. Shaking his head and regaining his composure, Hank cleared his throat and said "I see. And suddenly despite my intentions in showing up at this location, I feel as if I have made an indiscretion."

At the question of if John was okay, Beast frowned and slowly said "He seems to be adjusted based upon what his family says he acted like at the age of 17. Which frankly means we have a rather ice blooded teen with access to a horrific amount of weaponry available at a thought." Pausing for a moment, Beast grumbled "If Logan didn't have a daughter at the school, he might be one of the more disturbing individuals at the place."

Lifting an eyebrow, McCoy then remarked "I am surprised he was not pressured to join your organization given his power set. While limited in raw power, it seems the sort of versatile one that would appeal to your group."

Before she could answer, McCoy then set her fingers quickly, hands moving faster than normal humans could and with the surety of superhuman dexterity. Giving a moment for her to recover from that, Beast then asked "Given this relationship the adult version of John had with you, is there any threats you know of from your end of the street so to speak? I just want to ensure that if there is a threat, we can take steps to keep him safe." Mulling it over, Beast then slowly said as he thought about it "I also wish to offer my condolences, presuming that this previous relationship was more than simply an arrangement of convenience." Folding his hands and regarding the hand he had yet to work on, McCoy sighed and said "Damage to the body I can repair. But damage to the heart and soul?" Shaking his head, Beast sadly said "Much more harmful than harm to the body. And yet the sort of harm even I am powerless to repair."
PM
^
Bella Boudreaux
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 10:24 PM

Despite the sniffling and her teary eyes, Bella managed a perfectly serviceable eyeroll at McCoy. “We both get in da way of da real bad guys, Doctor,” she said simply. “We do da same thing. Just you do it in plain view and I do it in de shadow.” Wincing a bit, Bella added, “And when I fix a problem, Doctor, it stays fixed.” She knew about the X-Men’s unfortunate business with William Stryker. He’d killed one of their children and he was still breathing. Sooner or later the justice system would free him and the ‘good’ reverend would be back at their front door.

If it had been Bella, and one of her babies, no one would have ever found Stryker’s body.

“I would appreciate dat. We do tend to get in our share of precarious situations.” Sam could already tell what an injury was and where just by looking, but he would be delighted by a tool of his secondary trade. No one could say that Bella wasn’t generous to those in her ever tightening inner circle. No more John. Auri shafted into the role as ward and initiate...

She let out a huff of air, relieved when Beast said that Auri was just fine. “In de event of a situation with my ward, you call. She calls. Any of you can call. His safety is paramount to my privacy.” It helped that anyone who would oppose Bella was currently dead and anyone who even entertained the thought of taking her on was too scared to pop their very stab-able faces out of their hidey holes.

“Didn’t peg you for a prude, Doctor. He was almost a decade older than me at the time and wasn’t exactly held against his will. At least not after de first few dates.” There was a sad, weak smile on her face as Bella looked down at McCoy. It seemed she had encountered a more mellow, time-tempered John Radigan. “Good luck. Take comfort in the fact that despite his... aggression, John is one of the good ones. Just figure out how to aim him. And dear god, don’t let him know you’re aiming him or he’ll turn on you. No matter what age he is, I imagine he won’t like being manipulated.”

She didn’t make a noise when her fingers were forced back into place other than a small grunt of discomfort. Her eyes darkened in pain that she otherwise didn’t let show as she pulled her hand back from McCoy, scowling at him like he had tricked her. Marius had trained her to ignore physical injury, something about royalty not showing weakness, and instead she simply leaned into the pain by flexing her realigned fingers. She was more annoyed by the implication that she forced her assassins to be a part of her, as McCoy put it, ‘organization’.

“Assassins are inducted no older than age five, Doctor. I assure you, John was far too old to be Guild by de time we met last year. Kaine is also with us of his own free will. I would keep him alive even if he wasn’t one of mine. I will not pretend dat I did not notice his skills, but I never pressured him to join. We had a relationship outside of my work. Although apparently no much of one. I did not know he was mutant.”

His concern about anyone coming for John, however, was an unnecessary one. “Any threat to John was dealt with hours before that little blonde time kawin took him away.” More than a little bitterness in her voice as she glared down at the doctor. For a moment she simply huffed in poor temper, sulking before she quietly asked, “How are they adjusting?” she asked meaning both Auri and John. “Are they making friends? Do they seem happy?” It mattered to her. Even if John didn’t remember, she would always be looking out for him. And Auri was her responsibility. She had them both at the back of her mind full time.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Beast
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 06:54 PM

While Bella Boudreaux might have considered herself and the X-Men on the same side, Beast simply raised a single blue eyebrow at the remark to emphasize his skepticism. For the X-Men did not just consist of Wolverine and his habits of dealing with threats by excessive bloodshed and loss of limbs. For the X-Men were not about purely eliminating bad guys. They were supposed to be an example of what the future might be, due to helping with disaster recovery and advancing understanding of science and technology for the benefit of all.

Which was a far cry from accepting money to kill others, with the only justification being 'But they were bad guys as well.' While Beast could understand the average private citizen being forced to kill if presented with a life and death situation, equating even a below average member of the Guild with an average citizen on the street was laughable at best. They had training and skills which allowed them to escape and evade most situations, and also allowed them to disarm and subdue most of the time.

Yet that level of skill and training was focused not on improving the world, not on advancing knowledge. Instead, it was dedicated to death itself.

And while the principle of death might be codified in the second law of thermodynamics in the form of heat death, McCoy also had no desire to aid and abet it, preferring to stand in opposition of destruction and death. To spend his days trying to make life better for man and mutant. To create a world where there was no need for assassins. Where all could live in peace.

If he could even contribute to getting mankind to even the first level of the Kardashev scale, suddenly much of the causes to engage in the sort of violence that the Guild thrived on would vanish.

Giving a slight nod of acceptance at calling her if something happened to Auri, Beast rumbled "I will keep that in mind and forward any concerns to the lovely Ms. Braddock if needed." Smiling faintly, Hank admitted "I honestly had no expectation of finding this possible safe house when I set out. It just seemed like a mystery that I could actually solve, and I wanted that win considering the walls I am hitting when it comes to reaging the others."

Swallowing a bit and fiddling with his uniform in a manner more befitting wearing a suit and tie instead, Beast softly remarked "It is not a matter of prudishness. It is more of a matter of the last time I saw him,he was a teen. And thus.... " Giving a miserable shrug, McCoy admitted "My brain keeps thinking of you with a teen even thought I logically know that was not the case, for I doubt some child has the skill or expertise for a woman."

Though there was a slight ripple of revulsion at the idea of children being forced into the life of assassins. For despite protests to the contrary, children that young had no real chance to choose for themselves. They had to do what was needed for approval, seeking that psychological fulfillment of acceptance and pride from the family. It was a subtle form of coercion, and one that was likely so ritualized and traditional that few if any in the organization might have realized it for what it was.

But there was no way his objections would make any difference. Sadly enough.

Filing away the references to John disliking being manipulated, Beast replied dryly "That is presuming he actually becomes an X-Man. For we strive to keep the children out of the line of fire, thought do give them some training just in case." Sighing, McCoy admitted "Isn't like i wasn't in the same age range when we faced Magneto the first time." Though Einstein knew that there was no amount of training that prepared one for facing that force of nature. It was essentially a sink or swim encounter, and one that had helped the X-Men at least have a somewhat positive presence in the media.

Sighing at the mention of not knowing that John was a mutant, Beast folded his hands and said "We did not know either. With the exception of his cousin, none of us knew that he was a mutant even with him periodically showing up during Trevor's tenure as student and now as teacher." Smiling wryly, McCoy rumbled "He kept it from you for under a year. And in our case, which includes telepathy and other forms of extra sensory perception, he concealed it for over nine years." Which was a bit embarrassing to admit. That a team of superhumans had missed a superhuman power that visited on occasion? If Beast had a skin tone that could blush, he would be lit red with embarrassment.

As far as the two men reverted to boys were concerned, Beast sighed and said "It is difficult to say." Pondering the question for a moment, Hank slowly said "They seem to be adjusting, but I am unsure if it is fully adjusting or if it is them distracting themselves from the reality of the situation." Considering the situation, Beast laced his fingers together and softly said "I thus far have been stymied in trying to find a way to reage them." Pausing for a moment, Beast then said "No... that is not fully accurate. A more accurate way is I know a way to potentially age their bodies, but their minds would stay at the current ages. Which seems needlessly cruel to subject anyone to and would only lead to even more pain on everyone's part." There was some possibility of utilizing free radicals and targeting specific telemores to advance physical aging. But that would give an older person without the memories or experiences that had made them who they were. And McCoy refused to even entertain that thought.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.