Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
WPX - Storming the Castle

Add Reply
New Poll

Help Me Pick Up The Pieces, apr. 10 8:00pm |closed to tagged
Scarlet Witch
 Posted: May 29 2018, 12:36 AM

Wanda was DONE. After meeting with the twins that Shane taught at the school. Had she known that the young men were going to be so disrespectful, she never would have agreed to meet them. Oh, who was she kidding. Yeah she would have. Sheer curiosity had overridden her good sense and would have under other circumstances.

When Pietro dropped her off at the apartment he told her that he wouldn't be home for a bit. The brunette could understand. She needed to get away herself. The longer she sat in that apartment and thought about the hurtful things Billy had said about her the worse she was going to feel about everything.

Her twin, knowing how she was, told her not to be alone so that she didn't do something foolish. Ah, he knew her so well. She told him that if she felt the need, she would reach out to someone but that for the moment she was okay. Just okay. She also had no plans on staying in the apartment. She needed out of the city. Heck, she needed out of the country. But, where did she want to go? That was the question.

For a moment, she sat on the couch and browsed on her tablet. Then the hurtful words Billy spoke rang in her head. That he wasn't sorry she was upset because she abandoned him at one hospital and Tommy went home then to another... and she lost it. She couldn't...

Her phone laid on the couch next to her and she texted Clint, her only real friend at that point. The text said simply, "I need you. Just walk in." as she drew her knees to her chest and sobbed. She couldn't believe that after so long she was face to face with the boys that had been stolen from her and they hated her. Of all of the cruelty in the world... that was something that cut her deeper than she had words for.

Hawkeye
PM
^
Hawkeye
 Posted: May 29 2018, 10:15 PM

After a long day working on a project that Clint was not sure yet if he wanted to share with anyone, he'd ended up at home staring into his fridge. It was time for a snack before a bit of training, extending a foot and stretching his leg as he looked at what he could eat. A couple pieces of cheese and a handful of nuts later, Clint was finishing his stretches as he stood in the kitchen looking more like he was going to perform ballet than anything else.

Quiet nights like this were some of his favorites, he had thought about going out for a drink or to mingle a bit, but in the end, he'd decided that some time on his aerial silks was the better choice. The archer could enjoy a good stiff drink, and he didn't really mind going out alone, but if he was honest with himself, it was not what he really wanted. He hummed gently as he took his phone into the other room with him, feet tapping as he turned on the stereo so he could have some music to work out to. He started to type out a text message, but 'want to get a drink tomorrow night?' didn't seem like the question he should be asking. He still felt out of place about the entire thing, only made worse by the stern talking to that Wanda had given him her command that he should fight for what he wanted. So the message was erased, and his phone set down, he'd learned a long time ago it was just better not to say anything.

I need you.

Clint had just walked away from his phone when it beeped and had it been anyone else's name which popped up in the notifications he would have ignored it. The Scarlet Witch however was his best friend so he could let his evening wait for a few moments while he answered her. Except her message was clear, she needed him and because she said to come on in that meant she was at home. Fuck he was not prepared for this, "Come on Lucky!" He called out to his dog before heading straight for the door, not bothering to change into other clothes or put on shoes.

By the time he was bursting into the apartment that Wanda shared with her twin, he was ready to start some shit. Once he found Wanda sitting on her couch curled up tight and sobbing like a child, he was downright murderous, slamming the door behind Lucky as the dog went about making himself at home. Long legs crossed the room in a few easy strides before he just scooped Wanda up into his arms, sitting down on the couch as he tucked the red-headed woman against his chest. Wanda was not the type to just outright sob, over the time he'd known her he'd seen her get misty-eyed a few times but he'd never seen her break down like this. Resting his cheek against the top of her head, Clint just wrapped his arms tightly around her as he waited for her to calm down. He didn't know what to do, didn't know who he needed to hurt for doing this to Wanda, but right now just waiting and trying to be a comforting presence seemed like the right thing to do.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked her after who knew how long of sitting together on the couch.
PM
^
Scarlet Witch
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:00 PM

She hadn't even heard Clint come in, her hurt and anger was that great. Her grief was swallowing her and she felt like she was drowning. And that was a feeling that Wanda Maximoff wasn't used to.

Suddenly she was in the air, in someone's arms. Clint was there. She laid her head on his shoulder as she cried and let him hold her for a few minutes until he asked if she wanted to talk about it. Did she really? No. Did she need to? Yes, more than she had words for. Damn Shane.

The Serbian had to take a couple of deep breaths before she thought she could speak coherently enough for Hawkeye to understand what she was saying. "I don't know that Shane and I can ever be friends, not after tonight.", she started, her Balkan accent so thick you could cut it with a steak knife. "He sent me a text tonight, asking to meet with Pietro and me. Said he wanted to thank us. So I texted my brother and told him to meet me at the hotel where they're staying after the school was demolished. Probably the biggest mistake I've made in a very long time."

She sighed. She didn't want to go any further, but if she didn't she knew that her archer friend would be confused. "I stupidly made the mistake of asking if there was another reason that he wanted us there before Pietro arrived and he mentioned these twins, both adopted, and that one of them looks like Pietro. Of course I was intrigued. Once Pietro arrived and heard everything he was against it, accusing me of tormenting myself over the babies I lost years ago. It was kind of about that, but not totally. If there was a possibility they could have been related to us, I would have been thrilled to have two nephews that I could love, even if my boys were both dead. Pietro finally agreed because I was so adamant. I was meeting those boys. Then your teacher friend torn my heart out with out warning."

The tears had started to dry on the gypsy's cheeks, but started falling again as she launched into the next part. "He texted the boys without warning. He did not bother to prepare them. He just texted them. They came down and it was hard not to stare. The blonde was the spitting image of Pietro when he was younger and the dark boy had my eye in every way but their color. I stepped away to compose myself for a moment because seeing them like that was a shock and had my mind racing with all kinda of different possibilities. When I come back the dark haired boy was talking so badly about me. He said I had abandoned them, left him at one hospital to be adopted but changed my mind and took the blonde home then to another hospital to abandon him there too. That never happened, at least not me. I never would. I lost my mind. I never curse and I did. And now I'm just so ANGRY, Clint. Those boys don't know what hell I've lived. I can't do this right now."

And she wasn't lying. She was tired. After risking her life to fight a threat that wanted to take them and make them all hosts for their kind, she learned that the children she mourned had never died. They were right there in the city pretty much the whole time, being loved and raised by another family. She laid her head against her friend's shoulder again and sobbed. Her heart hurt so much she had no words. She wasn't used feeling this helpless but that's how she felt.
PM
^
Hawkeye
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 03:13 PM

"What did he do?"

It was hard for Clint to sit there with Wanda while she wept, but now that she was speaking he thought that they could get to the bottom of all of this. From what she said Shane had apparently asked her and her brother to the hotel to properly thank them for coming to help with the Brood. It sounded like something that Shane would do, wanting to thank them in person instead of just sending a text or calling. He didn't speak as she continued, just lifted a hand to gently rub the back of her neck.

Wanda explained that Shane mentioned the younger set of twins that the school had in attendance, children that admittedly looked like they'd have been about the right age to match the children she'd lost. So he understood why Pietro was so reluctant to allow her to meet them, Pietro would always make protecting his sister his top priority, and it seemed even when he needed to protect her from herself. He shifted to hold her a bit tighter, quietly thinking about all of it. He had to admit the curly haired kid looked surprisingly like Wanda, he'd really only noticed the kid in the first place because in the savage land he'd been distraught, the young man had gone on a rescue mission with the others to bring back a kid who'd carved his own eyes out. Then had to deal with some magical fog that turned him into a grown man, he'd felt bad for the kid but seeing Wanda now it was like seeing that kid all over again, looking into her wide red-rimmed eyes he couldn't help but notice it.

She continued, and it sounded like Shane did the thing he was very good at, forging full steam ahead without really thinking too carefully about the consequences, "That sounds exactly like something Shane would do." He smiled gently as he reached out to wipe the tears from her cheeks as they started to fall again, ignoring the soft pang of feeling in his chest as he paid attention to Wanda's story.

From what Wanda had told Clint it seemed like the younger twins had one hell of a back story, that their birth mother (at least according to the story they were told) left one of them at the hospital, and took the other home. He imagined it would be hard to feel like you'd been left behind for some reason, found wanting as an hours old baby for whatever reason, but he could guess about it now. "I hate to say it like this Wanda, but you don't know the hell that they have lived. If they are your boys, there had to have been some reason why they were taken from you, and some explanation given about why they'd separated the twins." As she began to outright sob again, Clint just hummed quietly as he rubbed her back. He was powerless at this moment, none of his considerable skills would help him with this, all he could do was wait for her crying to even out.

When she sounded like she could breathe correctly again, Clint spoke, "I'm not defending him, but I think if Shane had known that story the kid busted out on you, he wouldn't have suggested you meet them. Or at least wouldn't have suggested it like that, I think it sounded like he got just as blindsided as you did." Reaching out he tucked her hair behind one of her ears before he went back to stroking the back of her neck, "I actually met Shane because of the kids. He mentors the dark-haired one, and the kid got attacked by some ninjas apparently, and when we met, I thought he was talking about you. This twin he knew had been attacked and the speedster twin, it sounded just like you and Pietro until I heard that they were students." Shifting so that he could stretch his legs out, Clint leaned back against the arm of the couch, tugging Wanda along so that she could lay against his chest. He waited for a long moment before he kept talking because he had distance from the situation he could start to see this from a different perspective. He knew that Wanda was hurting at the moment, but he also knew that there had to be more to the story.

"I think that seventeen years ago if someone really wanted to hurt you, they'd have taken your children. They'd have taken your children, but instead of killing them they'd just split them up with the worst story to make them resent each other, that way if they ever did meet they'd hate each other, or at the very least they'd hate you. So that way when we get to this very moment you've been hurt all over again if someone was trying to break your spirit they did a good job of it. You've lived with this grief your entire life, and now instead of being happy because the kids you thought you lost are alive, you're angry because of the way that they've been lied to." Maybe Clint could have been kinder about his observations, but he was no good at feelings and at the moment he was especially pathetic at trying to spare Wanda any more heartache. "You don't know what they've lived either Wanda, I mean the way that Shane talks about him they sound like good kids, but everyone at that school has been through a lot. Give it time Wanda, prove to them that you wanted them and that you've lived all this time missing them."

Clint was twisting a strand of Wanda's hair around his finger when Lucky decided it was time for him to get attention too, the big golden dog hopping onto the couch and walking over them as he tried to get in on the snuggles. "Someones just jealous~" Clint spoke with a laugh as the dog clamored over them, "I think it sounds like you all need time, just some time to come to terms with the facts that what you think happened or what you were told happened was not actually the truth, and you all are going to struggle to find the real truth because it's been so long since it all happened."

Scarlet Witch
PM
^
Scarlet Witch
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 10:48 PM

One of the reasons she adored Clint was that he didn't mince words with her. He was completely blunt with her no matter what. After hearing what Shane did, her friend didn't even seem shocked. But when she finished her story, the archer spoke his mind. He was kind about it, but he told her like it was.

Even as Lucky jumped up on to the couch and walked over them to get attention she laughed but listened before even took a breath to speak. "I understand that, Clint. I do. I understand that they may have felt incomplete, but to blame me when we're not even sure? That's what I can't quite wrap my head around. And for what? Because he's afraid that maybe the family he loves lied to him. I can understand that in order to hurt me someone would have had to threaten my babies. But what I don't quite understand is why someone would have wanted to hurt me." She sighed. "I was still in college then, studying literature. For what purpose would someone want to hurt a 19 year old college student?"

Giving her head a shake she forged ahead. "I agreed to sit with whomever they want me to in order to prove it, once we know for sure. If I'm not their mother, then I'll quietly fade from their lives, never to be heard from again unless Pietro is their father. Then I want to be a good aunt to them. Otherwise, I know that I can't parent them. They are nearly 18. There would be no point in trying. But I would like, if I am their mother, a chance to get to know them and teach them about their powers- especially Billy. When I showed them the pictures of the memorial stones he created an graveyard illusion. I knew it wasn't real. But with the proper training his illusions could be powerful. I want to help him with that. But they hate their birth mother so that if I am she, then I don't think they would allow me close. I just hope that they'll give me the chance to prove that I wanted them and that I never would have abandoned them like that."

The Serbian gave a sigh a she scratched the dog behind the ears. "You know what I need? I need a vacation. A little time away from here where I can get my head together and really think this whole mess through." She looked over to the side at her friend. "When was the last time you went on a vacation, Clint? When you took a few days for yourself and hid somewhere on a beach in the sunshine and soaked up the sun?"

Hawkeye
PM
^
Hawkeye
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 11:37 PM

It was a sad situation but as Wanda spoke it was clear that they would only end up with more questions than answers. She'd said openly that she'd just been a young college student when she'd gotten pregnant with her twins, she'd yet to create a reason someone would target her. He wondered about the father of her children, she'd spoken about the young babies she'd lost, but he didn't know if she'd ever mentioned the man who'd gotten her into the situation in the first place.

"I think-" Clint started to speak before Wanda continued, explaining that she'd be willing to sit down for whatever lie detector they could think of. Maybe they would ask Jean to read her mind, Jean was a sweet woman so he had no doubt that she could have looked into his friend's mind and be kind about the whole situation. "I think you should start smaller than that. If they are your boys then I am sure that they will come around, you're kind of a hot-head too, sometimes you just need time to calm down before anyone can talk to you. Give the kids time, maybe tell Shane you're serious about getting to know them any way you can, and he could probably make it happen. For now, I don't think that anything matters, the kids are upset and you're upset, give everyone time to cool off."

The archer hummed gently as Wanda spoke about what she needed, time away, somewhere that she could get away from everything and relax. It honestly sounded good, "I don't think I've ever had a real vacation, I used to use my days off from the circus to run around whatever city I was in to try and help." He didn't have anything stopping him from taking a few days off though, "Actually, pack a few things, we're leaving. Grab two changes of clothes and your favorite swimsuit, if we need anything else we can buy it where we're going." Standing up off of the couch he put Wanda down onto her feet before giving her a tight hug, she was his best, so he knew that he needed to take care of her. "Text your brother and let him know you're going out of town then pack a bag and meet me downstairs by my truck." With a snap of his fingers he'd motioned his one-eyed dog to his side before heading out of her apartment.

--

Precisely nineteen minutes later Clint had texted Bongani to ask him to look after Lucky while they were gone, changed his clothes, packed a few things into a backpack and headed downstairs to meet Wanda. He was snapping the tags off of a jacket that he'd bought for Wanda, he meant for it to be a gift that he'd pack up and give to her. It was a leather riding jacket in the same deep red color that she loved to wear, "Come here I got something for you." He reached out to put the jacket around her shoulders before jingling the keys to the brand new street bike he'd purchased, "I thought it would be fun to ride the bike out to Atlantic City, go gamble and drink, then when the sun comes up we can nurse our hangovers laying on the beach." Clint was no good at telling people that he cared, so while Wanda was hurting he had no words for it, but he could at least show her that he cared. He'd take care of her, take her mind off of things for at least a little while so she could process her feelings.

Scarlet Witch
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.