Mercury

Member of the Month

Member of the Month:
Rider

Thread of the Month

Thread of the Month:
I Wish I Was a
Little Bit Taller

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sun, Surf, And A Very Punchable Face, Feb. 15 at 2:30 PM [Open]
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 11:19 AM

Today started out rather normally. 82 degrees of beautiful sun and sand on a Saturday morning. Baki started out by heading over to his grandma’s house to help her with a few chores and listen to her stories. Then it was off to the beach to catch some sun and watch some tourists. Because of course there were always tourists, didn’t matter that it was off season, they’d pick any reason to show up.

Didn’t hurt that it was still Valentine’s Day week. He heard from his dad that they were expecting a lot of people to come in for destination weddings and the like. Whatever, gave him a chance to watch some pretty dudes in swim trunks attempting to look cool for the ladies. It was entertaining in a lot of ways.

Mostly because the flirtatious ones failed spectacularly. He witnessed one such man, whom he could only assume was a groomsmen for the frattiest of weddings, attempt to lean on a plastic folding chair, nearly fall, then change his lean to umbrella pole sticking into the ground. It went as well as one could have hoped for the poor guy. He fell, the umbrellas pole popped free and fell, smacking the poor woman upside the face. The hit was so loud that Baki could hear it from the rock he was sunbathing on. The wince in sympathy was doubled when the woman kicked the flirter in the nuts. Looks like she was justified with the way she was holding her face and her friends were ushering her to the nearest bathroom.

Tourists were so entertaining.

It was then that he felt the tell-tale buzz of his phone in his pocket. Ooo, a text message. Fumbling with his pocket for a moment, he pulled the device free to find it was his younger sister texting him. Sara and Nida wanted to go see a movie. More than likely they wanted him to pay for things, though they didn’t say as much. Wasn’t like he had anything better to do.

With a sigh, he stood and slipped his tank top back on before texting his sisters that he’d meet them at the theater, which was in walking distance. And that would have been the end of it. That would have been the majority of his day if there hadn’t been one horrible hitch to everything.

Jake was at the theater too.

Now in short, Jake was a piece of shit. A real slimy bastard that Baki should have been more wary of. But he had dated the guy because...well, he was hot and he didn’t seem to mind what Baki looked like. So seeing the guy on what should have been a good day, when he was hanging out with his siblings, just ruined things. But he tried to keep it civil, tried to avoid talking to him, but it seemed Jake just had to pick a fight.

“Baki.” Short, blunt, his tone telling. Baki could already smell the argument heading his way. “Jake,” he returned with a flat voice, “what do you want?”

“C’mon Baki don’t be like that, can’t we get along? I miss you, you don’t miss me?” Jake’s mere voice was grating on his nerves and all Baki wanted to do was punch him. But he had to be civil, Jake was a mutant too but Baki was the only one with a visible mutation. If things got out of hand, blame would be on him.

“What you think we can kiss and make up after what you said and did? Fuck off, Jake.” Baki turned to leaved, only to find Jake grabbing hold of his arm. “Was it really that bad Baki? Get over yourself, man. You’re overreacting.”

“Go jump off a cliff Jake. You’re the one who called my aunt a “tropical n-word”, talked about mutant superiority like you were pulling from the KKK handbook, and then proceeded to steal from my wallet for the next two days before I dumped you. You’re a shady bitch, Jake, leave.” Baki could tell people were staring now, they could tell that this was getting into full blown meltdown mode. But there was no stopping it now.

“I said I would pay you back Baki and it was just a joke, stop being so goddamn sensitive.” Jake was sounding like he was trying to argue down at him and that only angered Baki more. It felt like his throat was burning from it.

“Sensitive?! I’m being sensitive?! I think I’m being freaking reasonable here Jake. You’re the one who can’t seem to see himself out the door of my life.” Now it really did feel like his throat was burning, acidic in its taste. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Jake’s hand glowing, this was escalating too fast.

“I’m not the one who has to turn everything into a big issue all the time!” Fire sparked along Jake’s wrists, catching his hands on fire. Most of the people were backing away, murmuring about mutants fighting.

“Fuck off Jake! You’re a slimy bastard and I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” With that Baki prepared to turn and leave, hoping to end it there. But then Jake’s fist struck him square in the mouth and he felt something had never felt before.

He absorbed the energy from Jake’s flaming fists, right into his mouth, where it joined the burning sensation from before. He didn’t know what happened, didn’t quite understand it, but the next he opened his mouth all that energy flowed right back out in a blinding blue-white beam. Jake was lucky not to be hit, the building, the theater's entry way, not so lucky.

And then he passed out.

Lucky him, his sister caught the whole thing on camera. The internet was going to have a field day with this.
PM
^
Martyr
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 08:24 PM

Jase had been sent to Hawaii to observe and potentially recruit a young mutant by the name of Baki. He still was not sure how the Professor came across these mutants, or why he chose the ones he chose. All he knew was once the decision had been made to try and recruit a student an X-man was chosen and sent on their merry way. Usually you could predict what might be taking place. If someone like Betsy or Logan went it was likely a rescue. If someone like Jase went it was likely just a bit of conversation and sales pitch.

Not that Jase was complaining at all. He had actually done a few things that was going to get him in trouble when he got back. Not in trouble trouble, but more Psylocke trouble. He had taken a few pics of his fancy drinks with umbrella was well as the beach and ocean and sent them to his mentor with a bit of light hearted teasing. It had amused him greatly and then he would experience the folly of his decision when she called an impromptu training session once he got back.

Jase had headed down to where he had anticipated being able to run in to Baki and observe a bit more before making his approach and sales pitch. Dressed in a casual t shirt and shorts, he tried to blend in as much as possible even though his predominately scarred face sort of prevented that from happening. Never the less, Jase held on to a fruity non alcoholic drink and leaned up against a pole as he watched and observed his prospective recruit.

Though the world decided to throw Jase a curve ball as an unexpected argument escalated. A man with flaming fists socked Bakin in the face, only to have Baki absorb it and spew out a beam of energy. Jase moved quickly, dropping his drink in a waste can and heading over. Shoving his way through the crowd. "Back up." Jase commanded as he shouldered his way past the growing crowd. "I'm a medic... of sorts." He quickly informed as he moved to Baki's side and knelt next to him. "You need to step back or leave. I don't care which." He told the young man with the flaming fists. Hoping he would not need to use his own empowered hands to fend the man off. His diagnostic eyesight informing him of any injury that Baki may have as he looked over young man. "It's alright. Easy breathes. Confusion is to be expected when this happens." He simply said to Baki as he checked for a pulse. Unsure if the man even heard him or not, though he kept one eye on the other boy.

Mo'o
PMEmail
^
Noivern
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 11:07 PM

Despite being a New England native and a firm lover of the snow, Drake had definitely had his fill of winter for this winter. Hawaii was a welcome change of pace. He was unsure why the Professor had specifically recommended him to accompany Martyr on this recruitment mission... but the moment he saw this Baki kid, he had a feeling he knew why. Who better to aid in the sales pitch than the visible example of 'we cool with scales'. Drake was a little impressed himself - he was covered up with a thin white longsleeved shirt and red highwaters to hide his scales, but Baki was wearing them with pride. 'Okay, Professor, well played. Well played.'

Drake had picked up on what led up to the fight with his high-powered ears, from their hiding place beneath his headset. Sounded like a lover's spat that had recently gone nuclear. And nuclear definitely seemed like the best word for it, as things escalated into Shoryuken, then Godzilla. That poor door never stood a chance. 'Son of a...' He quickly used a nearby drain pipe as leverage to vault over the back area of the crowd, but he knew the way this was going. There were already cell phones out, of course, this was 2017. People's self-preservation instincts had been entirely replaced by their 'get this on Instagram' instincts.
He made a mental note to put in a request for a cell phone jammer for the next one of these recruitment missions. It would save the tech team a lot of fuss for later.

Once on the scene, Drake got himself between Captain Shoryuken and where Jase was tending to Baki, hoping to defuse the situation further if possible just by being in the way. And there was also the matter of the rapidly igniting front door to the theater, as well as the growing crowd deciding to take ALL the pictures. So he decided to distract them by giving them something else to take pictures of. "Hey everybody! Want to see me put out a fire with my bare hands?" Drake said, before taking off his headset, letting his mutant ears be on display in public for a rare occasion. Two scaly mutants would muddle the waters as to who did what.

That, and Drake needed the added freedom with his powers that he could only get without his headset. He lined up in front of the doorway and held his hands out... and once he was done making a show of it for the crowd, he clapped his hands to generate the sound equivalent of a pilot light. He amplified the sound into a pressure wave while keeping it contained to the area he was targeting, so he didn't blow out every eardrum in a fifty yard radius. The result was a focused firebreak that quickly put a stop to the building lighting any further.

And then he turned around and struck a pose, and took a bow. "Thank you, thank you! Mutant firefighters, at your service!" Drake was quite happy to be the center of attention for the time being, it gave Jase time to do what he needed to do.

Mo'o
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 06:46 PM

Baki was completely out of it, eyes half open but clearly not entirely conscious. He looked moments away from passing out. He was breathing at least, though a bit roughly from the burning sensation the blast had left him with. Jake on the other hand stood back but looked dumbfounded as to what had just happen. The flames around his hand dissipated, "I didn't...he-he wasn't able...to do that before...what the-?"

He was cut off by the two girls, Baki's siblings, rushing past him, the youngest shouting, "Outta the way Jake!" Sara was the first to bend down on the other side of Baki. "Don't freak, we're his sister, I'm Sara, that's Nida. What do you need us to do?" Sara hoped they could offer some sort of help. Nida snapped her fingers over Baki's face. "Well, he's not gonna be standing for a while." With that said she took a picture of her brother's near unconscious face.

"Nida, what the hell are you doing?!" Sara attempted to grab the phone but it was back in Nida's pocket before she could. "Getting blackmail, he's gonna owe us for this one. Dad's not here to back him up this time. Though, last time he didn't do that." Nida jerked her thumb over at the decimated door.

"Right, dad's at work and so is mom...What do you think, grandma K's place then?" Sara suggested and Nida nodded in agreement, "Better than staying here and waiting for the cops." The younger girl turned her attention to Jase, "What do ya say medic man, think you and your buddy can help us? I don't think me and Sara can carry him our selves."

Martyr
Noivern
PM
^
Martyr
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 11:09 AM

Jase was not very fond of the situation they had found themselves in. Had relations between mutants and humans been better this sort of thing would be rightfully, and easily explained as the accident that it was. No one was hurt, no harm no foul in that regard. Relations, though, were not good at all which meant this was a powder keg that could go very sideways very quickly. "Contact Hana. Have her get to work at slowing the police response, but not the fire department, as well as doing something with the video surveillance, tweets and other social media things." Jase said to Drake before turning back to regard Mo'o They would need their tracks covered and there was nothing better at covering tracks than a cyberpath. At least the digital ones.

Jase looked over at Baki, his ability to diagnose injury letting him know of every injury the young man had. While Jase could do nothing for the energy drain that many mutants faced when experiencing their abilities for the first time, or new aspects of that ability, he could do something about the busted lip and the mild concussion from the fall. "He'll be up in no time. Once I take care of this lip and mild concussion." Placing his hand on Baki's forehead. Jase let that cool benevolent blue light that signaled his healing ability wash over Baki's forehead. Healing that mild concussion as well as the busted lip.

Of course, that meant that Jase's lip busted open and he also received Baki's mild concussion. The bane of healing by taking the injury on to himself, Jase winced a bit at the throbbing that came with a mild concussion, but he would soon be rid of it as that secondary aspect of his mutation worked to heal the damage that he had just done to himself. That busted lip was already closing up. "We have a vehicle close by, lets get to it and get out of here." Jase said, pushing through the mild migraine and motioning for Drake to help him get Baki to his feet and head to the SUV.

Noivern
PMEmail
^
Noivern
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 02:02 PM

"On it." Drake said, before stepping away from the group and sending a quick message. He knew when dealing with the school's resident technomancer, texts were just as efficient as a phone call, and much less intrusive. And given how much of his life he'd spent using ASL and a phone notepad to communicate, he could text as fast as he could talk. With that soon handled, Drake ensured his GPS was on for Hana to find, knowing that she could work at the speed of digitized thought even over very long distances. The phone went back in his pocket, and he headed to help Martyr and Mo'o's sisters get him the heck out of dodge.

He crouched down and started to lift Baki up, looking to Jase as he did. He knew the man's healing powers were a double-edged sword, and he'd need a moment to recover. "Girls here and I will get him, you take a sec to get your head straight enough to drive." He looked to Sara and Nida as he did, to make sure they were on board with the plan. "I haven't driven anything with more than two wheels since I was a teenager. Need you to do that." Though built slim, Drake was athletic enough to mostly carry the teenager with a little help from his sisters. Surely soon they'd all be in the SUV and headed on their way to wherever the girls were directing them.
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 05:59 PM

Baki was awake by the time the blue light washed away but he wasn't back to 100%. It felt like he had done ten all-nighters in a row and exhaustion was tugging at his eyelids now. "Mm, what happened?" Someone was helping him to his feet and out of the corner of his eye he could see Sara grin. "You blew up a door," she nearly laughed. It was weird to see their normal peppy brother act like this, like he was drunk or high.

Baki blinked and stared at the door, "But I can't do things like that..." His gaze shifted to Nida who was a few steps ahead of them, "Well, you can now." The girls hesitated to take Baki into the strangers' car but it was this or letting their brother getting taken by the cops.

The young man in question simply let himself be pushed into vehicle, leaning heavily on his sister, and staring bleary-eyed at Noivern and Martyr. "Where are we going?" His voice raised in concern, still confused as to what the hell happened and what was happening. "Don't worry Baki, we're just going to grandma's place. She'll know what to do. Nida, can you-"

Sara was cut off by Nida responding, "Already got the map up. Ready to go when you guys are." The younger girl turned her attention to the two men. Their driver seemed to be having a little bit of trouble. Probably something to do with healing Baki, maybe it hurt to heal? There really wasn't time to really question things. Not with police sirens drawing closer.

"Man, you gotta appreciate that Maui 5-O response time. Now would be the time to put pedal to the metal gentlemen!" Nida urged, leaning forward, almost like she was tempted to try her hand at driving herself.
PM
^
Martyr
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:46 AM

Back at the mansion, Hana received Drake's text and immediately set to work. She figured their was a protocol to such a thing as a student being asked to help X-men in the field so while she worked she fired off an email to Betsy and Jean, promising to keep them updated on the progress. "Hello Martyr, and Noivern." Came Hana's voice through the X-man's phone. She was not sure how much information the X-men in the car had given out so she had went with code names for safety and discretion.

"I have informed the Hawaii PD that the suspects have fled in the opposite direction you are going, as well as providing alternative physical descriptions. Traffic lights will switch to red as you pass and stay that way for fifteen minutes before resuming their normal working parameters. Fire department is in route. All social media originating out of Hawaii is being confiscated, analyzed and deleted if necessary. I am also working on ATM and other security surveillance cameras. If their is anything else I can do to assist please let me know."

"Thank you Hana." Jase said once the fog had cleared. Clearly his first order of business when they got back to New York was taking Drake to the Danger Room and giving him some driving lessons. Which also reminded Jase that he should look into any tactical driving simulations as well. Turning towards the confused Mo'o, Jase gave a cool and calming smile. As much of a cool and calming one as any man who had a face that looked like it have been shredded by a cheese grater could give. "In some cases, the more powerful mutations manifest first, while in others the less powerful mutations appear first. The important thing right now is to remain calm. We have a lot to discuss once we get to your grandmothers." Jase said, taking a look at the map on the sisters phone and continuing on their way towards their destination. "I am Jase by the way, and he is Drake. The voice on the phone was one of our students. A cyberpath who is covering our tracks." Jase was not sure if Baki had caught their names since he was a bit out of it when they had arrived, so he reintroduced them while calmly obeying the traffic laws in Hawaii. No need for a high speed escape when the traffic lights behind them were all switching to red as they passed through.

PMEmail
^
Noivern
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 03:53 PM

"Thanks, Faust, that's perfect. Also, access my phone camera if you want visuals to work with." Drake said, holding up his phone for a front-seat selfie, so Hana could get an idea of who she was supposed to be focusing on. He then looked back and gave a thumbs up. "Smile for the technomancer." He said, giving a smile to those in the car. Drake was more than impressed by the level of stealth overkill Hana had worked for them, she deserved the praise.

At Martyr's explanation of mutant powers, Drake nodded. He tugged down his headband and headset to reveal his scales and draconic ears beneath, though his scales were more of a tan color than Mo'o's green ones. "For example, I was born with these, and the really good hearing, but the sound powers came later when I was in my teens." It was a marked difference than anything Jase had seen before with him, so openly showing off his scales to others. Perhaps it was the simple matter that the person they were trying to sell was in the same wheelhouse.

He readjusted his headband and headset back into place soon after. "We're teachers from a school that helps young mutants like yourself control their powers in a safe environment, on top of just being a good school. And... I'm going to take a guess and say that firing Godzilla-style breath beams is 'new' for you?" He wasn't judging, of course. Secretly, he was impressed. Kaiju movies were awesome.
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:41 AM

To Baki the voice on the phone was confusing, dizzying with the information, but he at least understood that it was help. That these two strangers were here to help. How or why they were helping was worrying. Maui wasn't small by any stretch, there was no way to know everybody, but these guys coming out of nowhere to help was weird. He shared a look with his siblings as the second guy, the guy not driving, talked about the school they worked for. All so convenient.

At Noivern's question Baki nodded, "Yeah, never happen before. I mean I've been feeling more...energized lately, but I didn't think I got any of mom's powers." He leaned back in his seat, looking ready to sleep.

Sara texted their grandmother, Kaipo Kaleo, to let her know that they were on their way over. So by the time they got there, the older woman with dark skin, grey-hair, and teeth that used to be needle-sharp, was waiting at the front door. Kaipo didn't bother with greetings, "The sun room is set up for you Baki, go lie down."

"Thanks grandma, love ya," Baki murmured tiredly, allowing his sisters to usher him to the room in question. With the boy taken care of the old woman turned her attention to the two men who had supposedly rescued her grandson. She leveled a sharp stare at them, as if attempting to assess on looks alone if they were safe to have around, before giving them a pointy toothed grin. "Would you two like to come in for some tea? I believe we have a lot to discuss and it'll be some time before their parents get back."

With that she stepped back inside leaving the door open for the men to follow.

Inside, the three youngest Kaleo children, Omar and the twins, Kanani and Uilani, were sitting in the living room watching a Disney movie. Beyond the living room was the sun room where Baki laid down on the small couch cushions. Kaipo shuffled off to the kitchen and went about getting the kettle filled with water, regardless if the men said they wanted tea.

Once Baki was set Nida was the first to approach and speak up to the two men, "So, teachers from a mutant school, huh? You two on vacation or something?"

Martyr
PM
^
Martyr
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 10:54 AM

Jase had naturally dug deep into Hawaiian traditions and religious beliefs before they had departed for their little recruiting mission, and had continued to study on the flight out. He after all was the Schools religion, philosophy, and mythology teacher. Any excuse he could get to study something new meant Jase was all over it with great detail. Thus was the life of the academic, or at least the academic minded which Jase certainly was. Though his appearance did not necessarily come off as academic but rather as someone who had seen a great amount of conflict and injury in his life. He quite literally looked like Frankenstein's monster.

"Mahalo." Jase said in response to the offer of tea from Baki's grandmother as they entered the house. Confident that Hana would be monitoring the police departments communication and would give them a heads up if they needed it. Though he was fairly certain she was sending them on a wild goose chase at the moment as it was. "Some tea would be much appreciated. Your grandson should eat something as well, replenish the calories he has recently burned through."

Naturally Jase surveyed the people in the house. His diagnostic eyesight filling him in on any injury that anyone may have regardless of how insignificant it was. Kids usually always had some sort of injury. Scrapped knees or elbows were the most common. The Elderly also with their inflamed joints and brittle bones. Though none of that was why their were their and the young girl had gotten right to the point.

"A working vacation. We are here to offer a scholarship and admittance to your brother so that we can help him learn to control and use his mutation." Jase said with a grin and a nod. "I teach myths and religions. Drake teaches PE, and from time to time we get to offer scholarships to prospective students."

Noivern
Mo'o
PMEmail
^
Noivern
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:32 PM

Drake was not expecting the 'family of mutants' deal, and it showed. At the scaly grandmother asking about tea, he almost zoned out for a moment before replying. "Er... yes. Yes ma'am, tea would be great." Once inside, he slipped his headset off and let his scaled, dragony ears free, letting them wiggle and flex a moment now that they weren't being hidden under the headset. Something he normally never did outside his own dorm room... but here, here it was clear he didn't need to hide. He wandered about the living room for a minute or two, silently amazed at the family photos and the array of siblings scattered around. A family of people with varying obvious mutations, all just living like normal folks. Drake didn't know what to really say.

When he heard his name mentioned, however, he snapped back to reality. "Huh? Oh... yeah." He wandered over by Jase, nodding to the girls. "PE and computer classes, yeah. I also work as one of the security staff when not teaching." He sat down on an open spot on one of the couches. "The school is over in New York, but we have travel expenses covered as well. It's a scenic place... not quite as scenic as Hawaii, though, or as warm. The staff are mutants as well, many of them former students. Pretty much, the goal is just to have a safe place for K-through-12-age mutants with more potentially dangerous powers to have a way to practice control. We also offer college prep assistance or job placement once the students hit that age."

Mo'o
PM
^
Mo'o
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 06:33 PM

At Martyr's appropriate Hawaiian 'thank you', Kaipo laughed, "Ha! Rare to hear a tourist say that right, mahalo." And of course when Noivern removed his coverings she smiled, "You look much better without those, much more comfortable." The photos on the walls would inform them both that this was a very open family of mutants, both visible and not so much. Powers varied of course, but many seemed to share a commonality; connections with the water, reptilian features, and the island itself.

At the explanation as to why the two men were here, Nida looked skeptical, "A scholarship huh? You guys send people rather than a letter? Sounds costly. You guys have any proof this place exists; a website or brochure or somethin? Also, were you guys following Baki around? You were going to approach him rather than our parents?" There's was a clear indication in her voice that she wasn't entirely buying into it.

Sara marched over, going to the pantry to grab a bag of jerky, "Don't be rude Nida. These guys literally saved us from a confrontation with the cops. Baki might have ended up in jail if it wasn't for them."

At the mention of jail Kaipo frowned at her grandchildren, "Jail? What in the world did Baki do?" Nida pulled out her phone and pulled up the video she took of the incident, "You remember Jake, right? They got into a fight." She showed the older woman the video whose frown only deepened to a scowl, "I knew that boy was no good. Should have let Keone throw him into the sea."

Kaipo turned her attention back to their two guests, her features softening, "Thank you, both of you. We get enough harassment, as you can imagine. Even our little paradise has troubles." From the sun room Baki called out, "If you guys are gonna talk about me, at least do it where I can hear you."

Sara rolled her eyes and walked back over, throwing the bag of jerky at Baki's face, "Quit being a baby."

The older woman sighed and shook her head, "Well, nothing to do now but wait for their parents to arrive. Shula, their mother, should be clocking out early but my son, Keone, is going to take a bit longer. Go ahead and make yourselves comfortable and if you need anything, go ahead and ask."

"Wifi password is on the fridge by the way," Nida pointed out before leaving the kitchen to join younger kids in watching Disney movies.
PM
^
Martyr
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:33 PM

This was the part that was the most difficult. Giving out information without giving out information. The last thing the school needed was an undesirable element showing up at the front gate and attacking the place. While it was an inevitability as far as Jase was concerned, he did want to make sure that it happened later and not sooner. Though the concern that had been expressed was warranted. "We have a site and brochures and whatever kind of literature you could want." Jase said with a bit of a smile. Of course the site was not the most accurate when put up against the actual school. The scenery was different, the curriculum had some omissions, and there was zero mention of mutants or school for mutants. It just looked like your average upscale and snooty college preparatory boarding school.

"We observe before we make contact with parents first. The last thing we want is for the school to not be a good fit for whomever. Ultimately the decision is this families. We're here to simply provide an alternative in a world that is increasingly dangerous for us mutants." Jase said, nodding to the comment about Hawaii even having troubles as far as mutants and humans are concerned. The fear and division was certainly spreading like a cancer, and like with cancer, there did not seem to be a cure in the immediate future.

"Fear, lack of knowledge and understanding, and general intolerance have been dogging people for centuries. This, unfortunately, is not the first time this island has experienced such things and likely will not be the last." Jase thought back to Pearl Harbor and the resulting internment, and even farther back when the first westerners landed on the island and encountered the islands native population. "If you don't mind the company, we can certainly wait. Anyone have any other things to ask?"

Mo'o
Noivern
PMEmail
^
Noivern
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:44 PM

"Here we go..." As Martyr talked, Drake had his phone out, scrolling through the school's website to the video he'd cut together for a few weeks back during his Way Too Much Free Time This Winter. He set it on the table and it began to play. A totally normal video showcasing totally normal students playing totally normal sports on a totally normal field at a totally normal campus. No mention of mutants, just typical Private School, with a nice little ending speech by the Professor about how the open and welcoming the school was to new students. There was plenty of snow in half the shots, though. It was February in New York, after all.

The normalcy slightly wore off, when rather than turn up the phone's volume, he did it himself. A slow and well-visible swirl of his finger, and the sound from his phone echoed properly around the room at a nice even tone, as though the room had its own sound system. It would conveniently even play all the way to the sunroom for Mo'o to hear.

He totally wasn't showing off his cool mutant sound powers for funsies.
Nope.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

| RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.