Thread of the Month:
Getting Prehistoric

Add Reply
New Poll

Castle of Glass, Wed, Feb 15th, 11PM // closed
Ion
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 02:03 AM

Continued from Musical Phone Lessons

“NO.” Liv shot up and flailed, caught up in the headphone wires. “NO NO NO.” Her phone and John’s phone both went flying as she scrambled away from him, promptly falling off the bed. Liv was on her feet and bolting for the door in a matter of seconds all the while shouting ‘NO’. She was in such a hurry to leave, she bounced off the door frame and promptly yelled at it, angry pink sparks popping around her. “NO!” Liv cast one look back at John, face screwed up in disappointment. “You ruined everything,” she hollered at him. Liv slammed the door behind her still howling the same word over and over.

She was in a panic, her feet hardly touching the ground as she half ran, half flitted toward somewhere else. Anywhere else. Why had he done that? Why had John taken their totally innocent, sweet friendship and put it straight into the garbage. And what was worse, until Tech had shattered the moment, Liv had let him. She had let John’s calloused hand twine up in her hair. She had let him guide her into that kiss. And Liv had kissed him back. She’d deny it up and down but she had kissed him back.

Until Kevin reminded everyone in the room that Liv was used up garbage.

Hot tears rolled down her cheeks in bright neon streaks but Liv had no idea where they were coming from. She wasn’t sad, or hurt. She was furious. Furious at John for taking away his friendship AGAIN, furious at Kevin for pointing out that kissing her was lowly, and furious at herself most of all for blissfully, gloriously forgetting for a moment that she was no longer the kind of girl that got sweet, romantic kisses from charming cowboys.

Her toes brushed the carpet outside of Wiccan and Speed’s door and Liv paused there a moment. She didn’t want to bother Billy but she also didn’t want to be alone and if she went back to her own room, Laura would end up storming the boys’ dorms to stab John for upsetting her and... Liv nudged the door open and floated into the room without a word or a sound. She just sat on Billy’s bed beside him and pulled his blankets up over her head and sat there like a lump. Or Casper the bitchy ghost.

“Don’t look at me,” she instructed thickly, words having to force their way out past the lump in her throat. “Boys are stupid. They’re all stupid.”

speed tagged since it's his room
PMEmail
^
Wiccan
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 04:43 AM

Billy Kaplan had one hell of a day.

This time last night he'd been sitting up angry at Tommy, angry at the world, and more than anything else trying not to cry because he'd been frightened and hurt all because his brother was apparently an idiot. He'd forgiven Tommy (but not told the speedster that he was forgiven just yet), but today had just been such a high. He'd blown off classes and headed out for a day in the city, but honestly the highpoint had been getting to kiss Auri. He still smiled stupidly when he thought about it, but it was just that the Cajun boy was so cute and someone that Billy was just so genuinely interested in. There was just no helping the fact that Billy was crushing hard.

After a day out, Billy was happy now to just sit on his bed in his space themed underwear relaxing as he tried to choose a new picture for Auri's contact in his phone. He'd taken a couple of really cute ones so he was thinking that maybe he should just pick one that he liked best so that any time that Auri texted him he'd get to see the little image. Maybe it was stupid, but Billy liked having good pictures of his friends in his phone, besides no one but Billy ever actually looked in his phone so what did it matter if he spent a few minutes picking out pictures?

He was down to the 'hat or no hat' choice, trying to pick between two of the ones he'd taken this morning at the coffee shop when Liv floated into his room and promptly made herself a cocoon of his blankets. "Wait what happened?" Even though she told him not to look at her, it was too late he'd already caught sight of her tear-streaked face. "Should I put on pants? Do I need to have someone murdered?" His heart lurched for John of all people because either John had done something wrong and upset Liv or John was going to need to murder whoever had. Glancing down at his own thighs Billy thought that maybe he should put on some shorts to cover up his spaceman undies, but maybe he should also put on a shirt so that Liv didn't need to look at the disgusting bruising down the middle of his chest.

"Let me in," He told her before he peeled the blankets away from one of her sides and climbed in with his distraught friend. They must have looked like idiots, sitting side by side with the blankets over their heads, but Billy thought it was better then Liv staring at his black eye and bruised face. "Now come here," Sliding an arm around Liv he tucked her into his side, resting his cheek against her hair as he gave her some time to stop crying. He wanted her to be able to tell him what was wrong without sobbing painfully thought the entire story, "So tell me what happened, which boy was stupid? How stupid was he? Are you going to be alright if he grovels or do you need a violent intervention?"

Ion
PM
^
Ion
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 01:37 AM

“I don’t care if you’re wearing pants or not,” Liv sniffed and looked up into Billy’s concerned face peeking through the blankets. She allowed a small corner of his blanket to untuck so that Wiccan could crawl under them with her and let him pull her into a comforting cuddle. She spent a few minutes crying into his neck until the body wracking sobs subsided into mere whimpers and hiccups. Billy was nice enough to just allow her to get it all out before he asked what happened.

She didn’t know what happened. That was the problem. If she knew what John could have possibly been thinking, perhaps Liv might have just smothered him to death with a pillow instead of freaking out and running. Why had he done it. Why? “John kissed me,” she admitted with a small sniffle. “We were just listening to music and he looked at me and he kissed me. Why? How could he?”

This was a nightmare. Liv buried her face in Billy’s shoulder, her face burning with embarrassment and creased with misery. John was amazing and fierce and a force to be reckoned with but he was also only on loan. Liv had no doubt that the amazing minds at work in the school would eventually figure out how to put him right. He wouldn’t be seventeen for long, even if she wished it.

Even though she wished it.

When he went back to being John Radigan, retired cop and part time mentor to an unhappy, scared kid, what was she supposed to do? How many times was she going to lose him in one capacity or another? How could he put her in a position to care that son of a bitch? “How could he do that to me, Billy? How could he kiss me like it isn’t a big deal?” It was a huge deal. It was her first kiss since Ben and the one thing Liv wasn’t willing to admit was that she liked it.

"What the hell are you wearing?"
PMEmail
^
Wiccan
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 02:11 AM

The only thing that Billy really didn't like was the fact that he did not actually know how to handle a crying girl. In his life he'd usually only ever seen his mother cry- Okay so his mom was the tearful type, she even cried at the ASPCA commercials, but he'd never seen her cry like this. Without any sisters to clue him in, he was feeling pretty lost when it came to Liv. All he could really do was offer Ion the comfort that she needed, one hand gently stroking her hair as he was simply physically there for her. While Liv was actually super dangerous with her powers, Billy never had that sort of preservation instinct, he just always freely touched the pink sparkly girl. So it was not at all weird to have her curled into his arms, in fact, the bizarre part was just how upset she was.

He'd seen Liv mildly upset, he'd seen Liv utterly pissed (and at him which made it worse), and he'd seen her happy. Seeing her this distraught was heartbreaking, "What?" Okay was there something wrong with his friend or were the two of them just living on different planets? "A cute boy kissed me today, and I am pretty sure I sounded like Neena catching a new kind of bug, I may have squealed just like her... A cute boy kisses you and you are freaked. What happened?" There had to be something more, had John made an unwanted pass at her? He was reasonably sure that John would do nothing of the sort, and if John had done anything unseemly, Liv might have murdered him on the spot.

Liv was just so upset, he had no idea how he could make her feel better at all. As she buried her face in his shoulder again, he just slipped his fingers into her hair. Her next question hit him like a hot lance, "Olivia Myles you need to calm down, there is obviously a backstory that you need to talk to me about. Liv, I thought you and John had been dating for weeks when we went to the museum you and John were going so I made a point to invite Auri so I would not be the third wheel. I thought I told you that it was a weird double date, and even though I nearly died, I super enjoyed it."

Using the hand in her hair, Billy tipped Liv's face back so that he could look at her. Even though Billy was gay, he could still understand what would attract John to her. Liv was pretty, and when someone really got to know her, they'd see that she was more than just a beautiful face, "Liv I know John well enough to be sure that he did not kiss you like it was not a big deal. How could he look at you and not want to kiss you?" Closing his eyes he touched his forehead to Liv's, "You guys hang out all the time, and while I don't quite understand what you see in the cowboy, I thought you really liked him. Did something happen between the two of you that you didn't tell me about?"

Pulling away just a little bit when Liv asked about his underwear, Billy blinked down at his friend with his wide doe eyes. "Underwear, I'm wearing underwear. I distinctly remember asking you if I should put on pants but you said you didn't care what I was wearing, so now you have to see my butt in my spaceman undies."
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 10:28 PM

“He’s wearing those stupid space briefs isn’t he?” came a pillow muffled, nearly incoherent grumble from the opposite bed. The disorganized blob of covers jerked once as the speedster buried under them adjusted his position then a second time before before Tommy decided that the punishingly difficult Danger Room session he’d been put through earlier that evening (“punishingly” because he was pretty sure the stuff with ninjas yesterday was behind it) hadn’t exhausted him so much that he could sleep through some girl bawling like a banshee and his brother gushing about Auri five feet away. With a groan, Tommy shoved the covers down and sat up, displaying for all the world a bird’s nest of messy silver hair and his very lean, very pale, and very unclothed body.

All the way down to his moon white ass and thighs.

Not even the tiniest bit of embarrassment or shame showed on his face as he yawned and reached up to scratch at the back of his head. Damn but he was wiped from the run around he’d been put through. It was possible that he might even be sore tomorrow and that was something he hadn’t really experienced in a while (being sliced up was not ‘sore’ so that didn’t count). Part of Tommy wanted to ask the two to keep it down so he could sleep but the other part sort of wanted to do the opposite, one because guilt was still eating at his insides over what happened the previous day (so telling Billy to shut it didn’t sit well) and two because, well, there were people in his room talking and he rarely turned away from anything social.

“So did you leave the guy twitching on the ground?” he asked with not a bit of tact to be found as he turned a bit more to look at the two. The question brought images of that dickwad, Ben, to mind and Tommy grinned as he remembered how the jerk had been left spasming on the floating club floor before being flat out tossed off the thing like the bit of trash he was. Not that Tommy was still mad about the whole sticking his foot to the ground with webbing thing that had happened about five seconds before all of that but...well it was a nice memory.

Wiccan
Ion
PM
^
Ion
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 01:19 AM

Liv didn’t know how to answer Wiccan when he asked what was wrong. She didn’t know how to tell him why she was so miserable to have been kissed by a boy she clearly got along with and, what was worse, Liv didn’t know how to be happy for him and the kisses he’d secured from the boy he clearly had a crush on. But focusing on the joy of Billy’s kisses was a lot easier than explaining why she was less than thrilled by the agonizingly sweet liplock she’d just run away from.

As she scrubbed tears off her face with the back of her hand, Liv offered Billy a shaky smile. “Auri kissed ya, huh? Did ya swoon? Did he catch ya in his manly arms? Did he dip ya all dramatically and tell ya you’re pretty?” She tried to sound enthusiastic but her words were just laced with unhappiness. “I’m sorry, Billy, I’m tryin’ here. I’m glad you and Auri finally stopped dancin’ around each other. I really am.” Why did John have to kiss her that night? Billy deserved a bit more enthusiasm that she was capable of mustering at that moment.

“We ain’t datin’! I don’t date! I won’t-” Olivia pulled Billy’s blanket tighter around her, returning to her previous level of panic. “He’s my friend. He’s been my friend forever and now he’s our age and suddenly he wants to be kissin’ and I cain’t be kissin’ him!” The gentle pressure of her friend’s forehead against her own stopped her from spinning out yet again and Liv forced herself to focus on the soft rise and fall of Billy’s voice rather than his specific words. What he was saying, that John and Liv already acted like they were dating, that John wanting to kiss her was not surprising, did not make her feel better at all.

It made her sound like she’d encouraged him. Had she flirted? Liv tried to remember if she’d brought this on herself when a muffled interjection came from the other bed and Liv made a sound that was part surprise, part ‘ohjesuswhatthefuckismylife’. “My lord, Tommy! I know you’re faster than the speed of light, but maybe let a little light touch ya now and again!” That was one lily white rear.

Liv made a point to focus on the suddenly fascinating ceiling as she answered. Somehow, Speed flashing his bits and pieces broke her panic, the ‘what the fuck’ moment rebooting Olivia’s focus and mood to a point. She was still uncertain and unhappy with what had happened in John’s room but she’d regained most of her composure. “Sorry I woke ya up, Tommy. I had a moment. I’m ok, now.”

No she wasn’t.

“I’m ok.” Big pink eyes looked up at Billy, unsure if he still wanted to talk about Auri in front of his twin. “I wasn’t expectin’ it but I didn’t hurt him. I wouldn’t-” Liv hadn’t even considered electrocuting John. He hadn’t hurt her and up until Tech had opened his mouth, Liv was a willing participant in the smooch. She’d kissed him back. But the truth of it was Liv did not feel good about being touched. Scrambler had broken her. Ben had hurt her. Her experience with boys proved... agonizing. The sweet kisses John had lured her into had left her hysterical but...

They’d also left her a little breathless.

“Put on pants, el blanco,” Liv grumbled at Tommy as she snugged up to Billy. “I’m stayin’ in here tonight. In a whisper she added, “I wanna hear about how your kiss didn’t suck.” If she could keep him talking about him and Auri, maybe he’d forget she’d just been hysterical over John.
PMEmail
^
Wiccan
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:35 AM

"Shut up~" He told Liv half-heartedly, "I don't swoon, but I do kind of feel like next time he saves me like a princess I deserve to be carried off like one." Was Billy willing to be carted off like some hard-won prize? Oh hell yes, Billy was entirely about that life, if Auri wanted to carry him off into the sunset he was just going to go ahead and clear his schedule and not look back at all. Billy made a face at his friend, understanding that she was trying to tease to bring herself up out of the shitty mood that she was in. While Liv thought it nice that they were no longer dancing around each other, Billy wondered if he'd been anything other then kind of blatantly obvious. Sure he'd spent lots of time with the cajun boy, very often doing date-like things together but with the whole self-imposed closet time, it was hard for Billy to just be completely honest with his actions.

Still now was not the time to worry about his own problems when Liv was completely up in arms over the fact that Billy had assumed Liv and John were dating.

Billy just didn't get it, as far as he knew Lib adored John, so why be so upset about it now? "But why not? Why can't you?" His own frustration was mounting, he literally had no idea what was wrong with his friend, "Was he a gross kisser? Did he have a mouth full of chewing tobacco like the cowboys on TV? Liv if you don't want him to kiss you again just tell him, he is a good guy, so he's not just going to go against your wishes."

Tommy's voice startled him enough to yank his head away from Liv's "At least I know how to wear underwear, did you throw all of yours out again because of the skid marks?" Billy just could not help but lash out, with the way that Tommy had trudged into their room like a zombie he thought that his twin would have just slept soundly. Usually, in this situation, it would have taken a bullhorn to wake Tommy up from a deep sleep, but the one night when Billy was trying to actually have a meaningful conversation was when the speedster decided to be a light sleeper.

Thankfully for the speedster, he did ask a very valid question, had she left John in a drooling puddle on the ground? "I know you wouldn't, which was why I thought you really liked him. I wouldn't try anything like that, but if I did, I fully expect that I'd get zapped." He wouldn't try kissing Liv simply because he didn't like girls, his own mind whirled. Ion was the type to hang around a lot of boys, but she didn't seem very close to any of them, Billy understood that maybe he was just safe because the gay boy was not going to put the moves on her. It made him so curious about everything he didn't know about his friend. Stroking a hand over her knee as she cuddled up closer he spoke for Tommy, "You can stay, Tommy doesn't mind." Because as much as Tommy could seem like a guy who was never serious he really was a very caring guy at heart, so Billy could say with complete confidence that his twin would not mind the extra addition to their room.

Waving a hand towards the dresser Billy offered, "I got more of these in the top drawer right there, they are pretty comfortable too." He'd heard her whisper but didn't answer her right away, he was first wondering how he'd been so transparent because he'd only said a cute boy but Liv had known it was Auri he was mentioning right away. "He was so cute, he was all concerned because I got beat up. I was just-" His own whispers cut off suddenly as he remembered the distinct feeling he'd had earlier, he'd been in too many life or death situations lately, and he just did not have time to be scared. "It was perfect, I was just having such a bad day, and he just fixed everything. Plus he bought me coffee and a muffin afterward, really blueberry muffins are the way straight to my heart."

Speed
PM
^
Speed
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 12:16 AM

White teeth joined the rest of Tommy on display as he grinned widely in the others’ direction. Liv’s reaction, a clear sign that she’d looked (and who could blame her?), didn’t bring up any dormant shame in the nude speedster, just amusement, pride, and a strong desire to stand up and let her gaze on the amazingness that was a well toned speedster body. She might be blinded, but at least the last thing she saw would be a masterpiece.

“Eh, don’t worry about it,” Tommy replied with a wave of his hand, his surprise at her concern (this was Liv, what the hell?) keeping back the jokes that he otherwise would have chimed in with. Then Billy cut in and although his words could have been teasing, his tone was short and hard. The speedster flinched as his twin’s lingering anger joined with his own guilt to give him a solid punch in the stomach. Again, no jokes came as he listened to the two talk about the boy Liv didn’t fry. “Yeah, it’s fine,” he added when Billy assured Liv it was alright for her to stay. Tommy didn’t honestly mind if she did and, once again, he wasn’t really in a position where he wanted to test Billy’s patience by doing anything but agree. His brother deserved that, after what Tommy had put him through.

“I dunno,” he finally said with a fraction of his normal ease and cheer. “Calling me ‘el blanco’ makes me think I should get some chaps instead.” Which would continue to show of his moon bleached ass but in a much cooler, cowboy fashion. Yeah, maybe he should get some but for now it would have to be space briefs because what few briefs he owned were...well he wasn’t sure where. Laundry maybe? Under the bed? Really, he didn’t wear them too often, especially when rocking the speed suit. Commando all the way.

Tommy zipped over to his brother’s dresser, snagged a pair, and hopped into them while trying not to think of the fact that he and his twin were now sitting around in matching underwear. That was just weird. “So…” the speedster said cautiously as he turned back to the two. “Are you two, like, a thing now?” he asked Billy.

Wiccan
Ion
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Shadowplay Topsites | RPG-D

skinned by missy at atf, caution, & shine.
cfs by black and code script by nicole.